Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

I found this funny.

Yeah that was funny :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I found this funny.

No, it's not. It just means that Bioware's forum consists of two groups of deviants, one who take it seriously and second who are way too creative in their trolling to be normal, either.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I found this funny.

No, it's not. It just means that Bioware's forum consists of two groups of deviants, one who take it seriously and second who are way too creative in their trolling to be normal, either.

No I don't see it like that at all, what the guy did is obviously trawl BSN and look for the most bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments he could find. We know these exist on BSN but we also know there are thousands of normal posts about DA:I. So we can't generalize and say this video represents all the people on BSN, that's an unfair characterization of BSN. And I know you know this :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I found this funny.

No I don't see it like that at all, what the guy did is obviously trawl BSN and look for the most bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments he could find. We know these exist on BSN but we also know there are thousands of normal posts about DA:I. So we can't generalize and say this video represents all the people on BSN, that's an unfair characterization of BSN. And I know you know this :)

Not really, there's a reason I hang out here rather than at BSN, even though a lot of people here have an anti-bioware bias I find hard to comprehend in the context :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

No I don't see it like that at all, what the guy did is obviously trawl BSN and look for the most bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments he could find. 

he did not need to work very hard to find, "bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments."  in fact, we bet it would be impossible to enter a da:i forum other than news and announcements and perhaps multiplayer, and find a single page w/o at least one thread containing, "bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments."

a comment from a bsn poster reacting to the video that is honest 'bout the degree o' bsn bizaro

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/512557-dragon-age-inquisition-bsn-in-a-nutshell/?p=17218164

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

No I don't see it like that at all, what the guy did is obviously trawl BSN and look for the most bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments he could find.

he did not need to work very hard to find, "bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments."  in fact, we bet it would be impossible to enter a da:i forum other than news and announcements and perhaps multiplayer, and find a single page w/o at least one thread containing, "bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments."

a comment from a bsn poster reacting to the video that is honest 'bout the degree o' bsn bizaro

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/512557-dragon-age-inquisition-bsn-in-a-nutshell/?p=17218164

HA! Good Fun!

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/473296-this-is-absolutely-unacceptable/?p=15069600

I'm assuming this isn't you. Someone else actually took your handle in the new Bio forums? Haha I can only imagine the bewilderment when Gaider, Priestly, Woo, or some such sees one of these posts.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"I still remember when Bio forums was a quiet, friendly place, kind of like Obsidian forums."

Is this a sublte jab at the Obsidian forums as it should be because I can't take the latter half of your sentence seriously. Obsidian forums are NOT 'friendly' or  sane.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

HA! Good Fun!

Even if each page on BSN contains one thread of " bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments" there are on average about 25 topics per page , that means 4 % of the topics are " bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments"

This is a small number of the total number of " normal " posts. I stand by what I say, you guys are exaggerating when you suggest that most of the comments on BSN are like the comments in the video. And then even in a topic like Iron Bull not every comment in that thread is going to be about  people wanting to have sex with him which brings down the total number of " bizarre, explicit  and controversial comments" even more

John Milton 

HA! Good Fun!

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/473296-this-is-absolutely-unacceptable/?p=15069600

I'm assuming this isn't you. Someone else actually took your handle in the new Bio forums? Haha I can only imagine the bewilderment when Gaider, Priestly, Woo, or some such sees one of these posts.

that is not a post of ours.

as to bruce, am thinking you misrecognize basic terminology.

http://forum.bioware.com/forum/267-scuttlebutt/

that is a page.  scroll down and notice at the bottom--  it gives a page number.

there is approx 25 topics/threads we see per page given our resolution... each thread typical has between one and a bazillion additional pages.

all o' which is pointless.  am thinking the post we linked from bsn is honest. the guy claimed to have read 1/10th o' daily posts and he were believing a daily version o' such a ridicule/ridiculous video could be constructed. hyperbole? perhaps, but not by much.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is always amusing that we can rare get our moniker when signing up for a crpg message board or game because some other "gromnir" has already taken that name.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"I still remember when Bio forums was a quiet, friendly place, kind of like Obsidian forums."

Is this a sublte jab at the Obsidian forums as it should be because I can't take the latter half of your sentence seriously. Obsidian forums are NOT 'friendly' or  sane.

All is relative Volo.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

An awfully bright, unctuous glow, over there. I prefer the midnight lack of light, over here. 

Very poetic, I like it :thumbsup:

John Milton 

I left that place ages ago. It's insane.

Volourn

EPIC POST

I like the people here more, no one tries to make me feel bad for being a man. ****, I just remembered I had to defend Sawyer the other day in /v/ from accusations of being an SJW. 

All because the main human empire in PoE are dark skinned people. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

"I left that place ages ago. It's insane."

A mirror beckons Obsidianites. Nah. Who am I kiddin'. Blind ones wouldn't be able to see the reflection anyways.

I'm relatively new here, so I don't quite understand your inability to use the quote function. Are you like, a hipster forumite, or do you really not understand how it works?

Edited by licketysplit
  • Like 2

Volourn

EPIC POST

I like the people here more, no one tries to make me feel bad for being a man. ****, I just remembered I had to defend Sawyer the other day in /v/ from accusations of being an SJW. 

I'm pretty sure that he supported Feminist Frequency and the Tropes vs Women videos. I've seen a Tweet from him giving vocal support.

Still, he's a professional and hasn't let politics affect his work. I don't need to agree with someone to respect them or to give praise where is deserved, plus I don't answer to clickbait.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Volourn

EPIC POST

I'm pretty sure that he supported Feminist Frequency and the Tropes vs Women videos. I've seen a Tweet from him giving vocal support.

Still, he's a professional and hasn't let politics affect his work. I don't need to agree with someone to respect them or to give praise where is deserved, plus I don't answer to clickbait.

I wonder how he tells now that FONV was used out or context in one of her videos?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"I'm relatively new here, so I don't quite understand your inability to use the quote function. Are you like, a hipster forumite, or do you really not understand how it works?"

These are the ONLY " " tools I need. I'm a TRUE grognard when it comes to quoting. None of these new age hipster nonsense.

• Like 3

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I'm relatively new here, so I don't quite understand your inability to use the quote function. Are you like, a hipster forumite, or do you really not understand how it works?"

These are the ONLY " " tools I need. I'm a TRUE grognard when it comes to quoting. None of these new age hipster nonsense.

:lol: " new  age hipster nonsense"

That made me laugh

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I found this funny.

Am I the only one who wants to see the PoE forums taken on like this... :)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man