Dragon Age: Inquisition

Blarghagh

Nep the buying of the game isn't the issue, the impact is do I invest a hundred hours plus of my life in it?

For me it's both.

I have to work for my money, and being the cheap ass I am I don't want to buy something I won't get much enjoyment out of. I also work 35+ hours a week and go to school part time, so I want to spend the free time I have doing stuff I enjoy, like tormenting SJWs and arguing about DT.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Nep the buying of the game isn't the issue, the impact is do I invest a hundred hours plus of my life in it?

Fair enuff. I haven't stumbled lately into too many games that I haven't considered worth the time invested in just one playthrough (though watch dogs was close), but  I can see that. You'll admit that there are people who are more preoccupied with finding games at good prices than they are with playing them, though? *cough steam sales cough*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't understand why that is an issue Monte

If you think the game is worth it then invest the time, isn't your consideration the same for all games we might play ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some of you guys spend so much time sitting on fences one would think you enjoy having a post up your ass ;)

For me the irony and humour around all this venting directed towards  Bioware games is its always the same ritual.

• People complain bitterly about how EA has destroyed the once great company of Bioware
  • People complain bitterly how there games just aren't as good as they use to be and how the Bioware model of RPG is gone forever
  • People really attack how terrible there games  are even to the point of making videos to show us how " they spent dozens of hours of playing game x" and really are informed about its faults
  • Bioware releases next ME and DA game and everyone plays it
  • The cycle of criticism starts all over again

:lol:

Hope dies last.

People keep hoping that the next game will be better. Then the next. Then the next.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

If you think the game is worth it then invest the time, isn't your consideration the same for all games we might play ?

But what if it's crap? Then I'll have to invest 100 more hours complaining about it on the internet- that'd be not just 100 but 200 hours wasted!

• Like 4

But what if it's crap? Then I'll have to invest 100 more hours complaining about it on the internet- that'd be not just 100 but 200 hours wasted!

:lol:

Yeah that's a valid point

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Are you saying that Gaider was lying?"

I'm saying he's pretending it's still 1998 and BIO was an independent studio owned by the docs.

\

That scenario simply doesn't exist.

"Ah, ok. Then I don't understand how you can defend Bioware after DA2 and their marketing spiel on it."

DA2 > BG1 + KOTOR + KOTOR2 + PE + DOS + ALL YOUR OTHER OVERRATED GAMES THAT ARE ACTUALLY CRAP.

hope you're joking man

"Are you saying that Gaider was lying?"

I'm saying he's pretending it's still 1998 and BIO was an independent studio owned by the docs.

\

That scenario simply doesn't exist.

"Ah, ok. Then I don't understand how you can defend Bioware after DA2 and their marketing spiel on it."

DA2 > BG1 + KOTOR + KOTOR2 + PE + DOS + ALL YOUR OTHER OVERRATED GAMES THAT ARE ACTUALLY CRAP.

hope you're joking man

Well he is being Volo, which is always hard to determine when he is being serious, joking or trolling, You need to get to know him :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I liked DA2 for its occasionally decent written character, like Varric or Avelline, whereas pretty much everything else about the game was eeeeegh

Inquisition is looking up rather nicely - despite the rep of BioWare it shouldn't really factor into whether their next game is going to be good, since that's ultimately something it'll have to prove through its presentation. I think it's safe to say that all talented artists, musicians, filmmakers or developers have always dished up with some less-impressive material amongst all the good and excellent. Given that the internet is arguably opposed to any shape of quality control it's sometimes easier to remain skeptical as possible until the product in question can prove itself to be worth your time.

That's just one way of thinking anyway.

Inquisition is looking good, I'll say. The combat is still.... hmmm, well yeah. It's BioWare, gameplay's never been the fun kind with them, with the exception of Jade Empire.

Edited by TheChris92

"the impact is do I invest a hundred hours plus of my life in it?"

EA doesn't care if you play for one second or 1 million seconds. As long as you give them money.

"hope you're joking man"

Truth hurts you, huh? GOOD.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

because it wasn't. and anyone who expresses that opinion on this board is either baiting or just fooling around.

there's a possibility that said person actually liked DA2, of course. but people tend to like all kinds of stuff, the thing is, people who like DA2 tend to not like Obsidian's games 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

DA2 was decent.

It's mindboggling why that opinion affects some people so much.

Some people hold their opinions with enough vigor and certainty that other opinions seem wrong. And other times, people are defensive because other people have dismissed theirs, so they return the favor.

It's impossible for me to fault people who think kindly of DA2 because I did the same at first. I had complaints, Sister Petrice had me screaming "OH COME ON" very early, but it wasn't really until the final act that I fully digested things. Working for Merideth and realizing the same complaints I had about Petrice were still in action. That the little complaints I was willing to overlook were actually very large things that came to dominate.

If I'd been able to overlook that a bit more, maybe I'd also say it was decent. Or if I'd found something elsewhere in it that I appreciated enough.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I liked DA2 well enough, and I like most of Obsidian's games. Deal with it.

I'm finding it harder and harder to do with each passing year  :alienani:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

DA2 was decent.

It's mindboggling why that opinion affects some people so much.

Some people hold their opinions with enough vigor and certainty that other opinions seem wrong. And other times, people are defensive because other people have dismissed theirs, so they return the favor.

It's impossible for me to fault people who think kindly of DA2 because I did the same at first. I had complaints, Sister Petrice had me screaming "OH COME ON" very early, but it wasn't really until the final act that I fully digested things. Working for Merideth and realizing the same complaints I had about Petrice were still in action. That the little complaints I was willing to overlook were actually very large things that came to dominate.

If I'd been able to overlook that a bit more, maybe I'd also say it was decent. Or if I'd found something elsewhere in it that I appreciated enough.

The thing is, you can disagree with someone without "dismissing" their view. You might not share the view, but there's no reason to get defensive just because someone feels differently than you do. Some people have a hard time with that, for whatever reason.

I have lost a lot of faith in Bioware since the whole EA acquisition. I mean, lots of it, but I will still concede that there was an enjoyable game in DA2. I played it a single time, and very much enjoyed it. I could never bring myself to play it a second time, unlike with Origins, which I played 4 or 5 times, 2 or 3 including the expansion.

What I've seen of DA3 looks very tempting, very tempting. But thus far I've abstained from making a pre-order. Even though DA2 was good, it wasn't nearly what it should have been. And I don't really want to support Bioware in making games that fall far short of their potential. So I am very cautious when it comes to DA3.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

"there's a possibility that said person actually liked DA2, of course. but people tend to like all kinds of stuff, the thing is, people who like DA2 tend to not like Obsidian's games "

Why lie? Why make stuff up? Why pretend there are stats that can prove or disprove your stupid theory? Pathetic.

"What I've seen of DA3 looks very tempting, very tempting. But thus far I've abstained from making a pre-order. Even though DA2 was good, it wasn't nearly what it should have been. And I don't really want to support Bioware in making games that fall far short of their potential. So I am very cautious when it comes to DA3."

I don't get this. You enjoyed it you enjoyed it but some make believe 'potential' stops you? So, you'd buy a game from a company that isn't as good as DA2 because that companies 'live up to their potential' but not the next BIO game ebcause you enjoyed DA2 but it wasn't 'up to their standard'. That's silly.

That's like a parent punishing child A because he got a B instead  an A but rewards Child B because he got a B instead of C. That insults and belittle Child B and is unfair and mean to Child A.

EVIL.

If you think you'll enjoy DA3 buy/play it. If not, don't. 'Potential'. L0LZ

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"there's a possibility that said person actually liked DA2, of course. but people tend to like all kinds of stuff, the thing is, people who like DA2 tend to not like Obsidian's games "

Why lie? Why make stuff up? Why pretend there are stats that can prove or disprove your stupid theory? Pathetic.

"What I've seen of DA3 looks very tempting, very tempting. But thus far I've abstained from making a pre-order. Even though DA2 was good, it wasn't nearly what it should have been. And I don't really want to support Bioware in making games that fall far short of their potential. So I am very cautious when it comes to DA3."

I don't get this. You enjoyed it you enjoyed it but some make believe 'potential' stops you? So, you'd buy a game from a company that isn't as good as DA2 because that companies 'live up to their potential' but not the next BIO game ebcause you enjoyed DA2 but it wasn't 'up to their standard'. That's silly.

That's like a parent punishing child A because he got a B instead  an A but rewards Child B because he got a B instead of C. That insults and belittle Child B and is unfair and mean to Child A.

EVIL.

If you think you'll enjoy DA3 buy/play it. If not, don't. 'Potential'. L0LZ

It's more like... I'll wait to read the reviews, and not pre-order.

And as to your other point, I typically purchase games that I feel are great games. I rarely buy something that is merely "good". Not enough hours in the day, might as well hold out for the great stuff and skip on the lesser stuff. I only gave DA2 the time of day because of my excitement coming off of Origins. I don't have the same excitement from DA2, hence more of a wait and see attitude. It's totally reasonable.

But being reasonable doesn't seem to be your strong suit, so hey, it's all good.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

So is Gimp Suit Horse in as a mount?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

The Keep is out on the 29th.

Not sure how beta this Open Beta is going to be.

Is so beta that all companions are going to friendzone you.

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif