What are you playing now?

More Pirate Creed 4.  Did some out of Animus stuff and it's basically exactly the same thing and snooping around the Sarif Industries building in DX:HR.  The audio logs and images and stuff you get are okay, but this whole present day stuff doesn't add anything to the game, in my opinion.  If anything, it takes away from it.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Skyrim. Lets see if I can complete the game for a second time. This time I'll do most of the side quests before I finish off the main quest.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Beating down fools in Divinity: OS. I have one ranger with fire spells. Jahan, does what Jahan does. A one handed Paladin type character and Madora brings the pain with her two handed weapons. It's working out pretty good for now.

Last "hard" game I played was Cricket 2000. I don't know **** about cricket.

It wouldn't matter if you did know anything about cricket, there has never been a cricket computer game that bore the slightest resemblance to the Real Thing- much like any Rugby computer game. The latest cricket game was so bad even steam stopped selling it and genuinely pulled it, iirc, with forced refunds and library disappearance.

It wouldn't matter if you did know anything about cricket, there has never been a cricket computer game that bore the slightest resemblance to the Real Thing- much like any Rugby computer game. The latest cricket game was so bad even steam stopped selling it and genuinely pulled it, iirc, with forced refunds and library disappearance.

Actually the latest cricket game is Don Bradman Cricket 14, and it's the best cricket game ever made. But it is hard as hell, batting wise.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I had some fun with the International Cricket Captain series back in the day. It's a management sim, like the ubiquitous Football Manager series. I don't think I've played an actual "play cricket" game since Brian Lara Cricket 99 (renamed Shane Warne Cricket 99 in Australia).

I have vague memories of a cricket game on the NES too.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Actually the latest cricket game is Don Bradman Cricket 14, and it's the best cricket game ever made. But it is hard as hell, batting wise.

I stand corrected. My experiences with cricket games on computer has been so universally bad that I don't really pay much attention to them at all any more.

But yeah, for those who might be thinking of disputing Ashes Cricket 2013's status as the worst release of the year (in face of stiff competition from the likes of Colonial Marine and Rome 2). It's an ineptitude only matched by the actual England Cricket team in the actual Ashes 2013.

A snippet, featuring the wonderful AI fielding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjGgau3iF8

EDIT: If you only know baseball, imagine a situation where the fielders just throw the ball amongst themselves for a good while, as all the runs are scored. Then the fielder throws the ball over the fence for a home run.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I don't fully understand what's going on, but it looks ridiculous.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My experiences with cricket games on computer has been so universally bad that I don't really pay much attention to them at all any more.

I don't blame you, cricket games in general have been really bad. The only ones even remotely decent were the ones Humanoid mentioned. An while I really think Don Bradman Cricket is good, it's only for those that enjoy the sport. It's not near 2K Basketball or Fifa levels.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Fired up EU4 again with Veritas et Fortitudo overhaul that revamps ideas, techs, etc. and makes things a bit harder. Sadly I don't think there's anything in the style of Magna Mundi out there. 

Started Byz in 1344 when the Empire is basically splattered discontinuously over Greece, Constantinople, Nicaea and Smyrna. Historically this is when dude A fights a civil war in the name of a religious doctrine which preaches quiet and solitary inner life because that makes so much sense in a dude warring over an empire  emot-psyduck.gif  and then dude invites Serbian dude to help him out with the inner life so Serbian dude helps by taking most of the Balkans.  cripes.gif

It then follows that:

1. ANDRONIKOS, becoming emprah by virtue of the game starting up when he's in the musical chair, rules wisely for over a decade and restores more bits of Byzantine territory across Greece and Asia Minor, mainly because other people win wars and give us our cores in what I assume is some kind of philanthropic territory donation for tax purposes.
  2. IOANNES gets uppity and eats up some little Turks for fun, Grand Turban ottoman gets apoplectic and invades with a million turbans, Ioannes dies on the battlefield presumably due to a serious case of regret
  3. Another IOANNES rises to the throne, brokers a peace deal to give away all the little Turkish bits to Grand Turban, comes home, gets murdered by his son immediately in a trenchant commentary on American politics today
  4. Yet another IOANNES then spends the entire truce period repaying loans accrued
  5. Finally someone called ANDRONIKOS returns to the throne and instantly makes everything better by ignoring the Grand Turban (who can't kill us anyway because dudes haven't learnt how to make boats to cross rivers), instead gloriously conquers / vassalises Serbia, Epirus and Crete.
  6. Then an IOANNES comes back, and immediately Bosnia (whose war against Serbia apparently hadn't finished when I vassalised) annexes Serbia, invades us with Grand Potato Hungary, and promptly forces us to liberate Epirus and Crete  cripes.gif

Success of empire now depends on the enforcement of the newest imperial decree to name every single human being in the realm Andronikos.

• Like 2

Grand Potato Hungary

Bro, potatoes are from the new world so you cannot have a Grand Potato in the 14th century. Besides, Hungary is glorious Magyar, not potato. These are important points to consider.

Though it is kind of funny that not even CK2 can get anywhere near the sheer self destructive lunacy of actual Byzantine politics.

Edited by Zoraptor

Pirate Creed 4 definitely doesn't have a lack of content.  The amount of side activities to engage in is staggering.  I'm not sure it would be possible to 100% this game in under 100 hours.  The good news is that the majority of these activities are quite fun.  The amount of stuff to do in this game has to be right up there with anything Rockstar or Bethesda has put out.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"Wasteland 2, or Give Every PC Blunt and Bludgeon Everyone You Meet" at long last. I dabbled in the beta build, kind of irritated that they actually removed portraits and customization options.

I know it's not a big deal that the character models look like ass (in the bad way,) but I can't shake the irksome feeling I get from seeing character models in the character menus that would have looked cutting-edge in 2000 or so. I guess the great concept art aroused my expectations too much.

Anyway, the UI changes are skewing toward good. And no radiation protection off the bat.

Buy a PS4.

Hopk up your PS2.

Boot up Suikoden V

???

Profit?

Suikoden has been dead to me since 3. Even among awful JRPGs that one stood out considering the quality of its predecessors. I tried 4 and that was just like 5/10 mediocrity (which is beneath "worth playing" in gaming parlance.)

Edited by AGX-17

I am not a fan of the reduced character portraits either. Luckily one can add their own, so I'll simply c&p the good ones for my team and take them instead.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Pirate Creed 4 definitely doesn't have a lack of content.  The amount of side activities to engage in is staggering.  I'm not sure it would be possible to 100% this game in under 100 hours.  The good news is that the majority of these activities are quite fun.  The amount of stuff to do in this game has to be right up there with anything Rockstar or Bethesda has put out.

AC4 is the only game in the series I haven't played yet and it also sounds entertaining, But is it like the other AC games where the activities are always fun  but ultimately the same, in other words you can only liberate so many areas or deliver so many messages? I just find the repetition gets boring so you always move onto the main quest eventually.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

AC4 is the only game in the series I haven't played yet and it also sounds entertaining, But is it like the other AC games where the activities are always fun  but ultimately the same, in other words you can only liberate so many areas or deliver so many messages? I just find the repetition gets boring so you always move onto the main quest eventually.

Well, there's synchronizing view points, which you'll remember from every AssCreed game ever, I'm assuming (I've only actually played AssCreed 2 before this).  There's a metric ****ton of collectibles to find like treasure chests, animus fragments, messages in a bottle, treasure maps, Mayan idols, and shanty song sheets.  You're definitely going to want to collect shanty song sheets since your crew will sing the sea shanties you've collected while you sail.  There are assassination contracts, naval battles where you can capture or sink ships, you can hunt all sorts of animals and skin them, you can capture forts, I'm assuming at some point I'll get to dive underwater for treasure, since there's a diving bell upgrade I haven't been able to unlock yet.  There's just a lot of stuff to do both on foot and while sailing.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I took from me 57 hours according to raptr (software that logs your game running times addition to many other functions) to get 100% in AC4, and I wasn't very focus oriented in way that I played that game.

I took from me 57 hours according to raptr (software that logs your game running times addition to many other functions) to get 100% in AC4, and I wasn't very focus oriented in way that I played that game.

You play a lot faster than I do.  I'm at 27% completion after 20 hours played.  At that rate, it will take me a little under 80 hours to 100% the game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸