What's on the idiot box... Part 3

Rosbjerg

Holy effing shee at the end of the Arrow premiere. What a way to completely turn a ho-hum episode on its head.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Im bummed that I forgot to set my dvr for The Flash. :(

Ill have to catch up On Demand.

It's on again tonight, after the premiere of Arrow. 

I watched it and found it fairly entertaining. Couple of things:

1) Grodd was housed in a cage directly above the particle accelerator? Seriously? :rolleyes:

2) I cant identify who the Star Lab leader turns into with his clairvoyance. Who does he become?

3) I hate the suit but Ill chalk that up to it being Mk1 version.

How did I not discover Supernatural before now?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Luck.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

As said before after season 5 (when the creator left) it takes a dive but it figures itself out again about season 8 and has been pretty good the last 2 seasons.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Im bummed that I forgot to set my dvr for The Flash. :(

Ill have to catch up On Demand.

It's on again tonight, after the premiere of Arrow.

I watched it and found it fairly entertaining. Couple of things:

1) Grodd was housed in a cage directly above the particle accelerator? Seriously? :rolleyes:

2) I cant identify who the Star Lab leader turns into with his clairvoyance. Who does he become?

3) I hate the suit but Ill chalk that up to it being Mk1 version.

Harrison Wells I think was made up for the show, but Wally West had a wheelchair bound character who tried to "help" him become a better hero through loss, who eventually became the 2nd Reverse flash. I believevthe first reverse flash was a scientist from the future.

As a side note Cisco Ramon becomes Vibe, and Caitlyn Snow becomes Killer Frost

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched 2 episodes of the latest season of suits. As the rpgcodex would say: Decline.

I disagree, good sir.  I did a binge watch of the first four seasons over the past two weeks and I must say I really enjoyed the show.  And I detest lawyer shows. 

I liked the seasons 1-4. I did not like season 5.

Holy effing shee at the end of the Arrow premiere. What a way to completely turn a ho-hum episode on its head.

Shot full of arrows, fell off tall building, hit dumpster on way down, hit concrete at bottom. Guess that's one way of trying to avoid the comic book 'nobody is really dead' cliché, though it approached South Parkesque parody in execution.

Incredible stunt work, too. Ragdoll human antics never look believable, but this one was crazy good. I would buy the season on blu-ray just to see how they did it. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I know they had to kill her to put Laurel on the path to becoming Black Canary, but Sara was so much better than Laurel.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, it's not a TV show, but it's on TV... And it's not like there's a football thread.

Watching the Netherlands - Kazakhstan game. What a dreadful display by our guys. Especially by van Persie, I am honestly starting to believe that he is officially a has been.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Pretty good episode of The Walking Dead, if there's one thing it does very well it's the atmosphere and big set pieces. I do wonder if they've blown half the season budget on the first episode and the next few will be zombie lite though.

And hey, Maggie remembered she has a sister, finally.

Caught the episode of Walking Dead, good season 5 start - but they really need to work on their pacing, it's a little too action hectic now.. perhap they're afraid of doing a another season 2 blunder?

Also for the people reading the comic

did you catch Negan?

Although apparently it wasn't according to Kirkman, but he really did look the part

Fortune favors the bald.

Hold on, last weeks episode of the Strain was the season finale? That makes it somewhat more disappointing. I thought we were still in the build-up.

Yeah it was the end of season 1, but there are several new exciting events to wait for in the next season. Like finding out more about the ancient Vampires

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, they've done a second season of The Transporter.

They've got Chris Vance playing Frank Martin and it's one of those Candian / French co-productions. They definitely have the European feel to most of it, with some entertaining car sequences, some slightly rough fight sequences, a few smugly amusing lines, and pretty much one casual boob shot an episode I've noticed.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, but it still felt like it was slowly building up a season climax, and that didn't really come. :(

I was researching the history of  The Strain because I really enjoyed the series and its based on  a series of books. So if the series continues to gather support then we should be seeing about 5 seasons to cover the whole story. Which is good news :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I actually have one of them but I never got around to read it and now that there's a show the "book is always better" syndrome convinced me to let it lie - if I read it now, the show's just going to disappoint but if I read it after, I can enjoy the show and might still enjoy the book. Maximizing enjoyment! :thumbsup:

Hm. I have a lot of books I haven't read yet, I should get on that.

• Like 1

I actually have one of them but I never got around to read it and now that there's a show the "book is always better" syndrome convinced me to let it lie - if I read it now, the show's just going to disappoint but if I read it after, I can enjoy the show and might still enjoy the book. Maximizing enjoyment! :thumbsup:

It interesting you make that point because I normally firmly believe the " book is always better" , like Game of Thrones TV series vs Game of Thrones books

But in the case of The Strain I wonder of the books will be better because if you read the books you will more than likely become more critical of the TV series and the excitement will be ruined. So I would also hold back on reading on the books for the moment

John Milton 

Whew, The Flash and SHIELD are engaging me at the highest level, that of the edge of my seat. Both shows this week have a slo-mo scene, each handing someone's ass to them. Grab a napkin, villain, you just got served a backward half-twist somersault head slam. 

All Stop. On Screen.

the previews for this week's SHIELD didn't have me excited, but now I am. So glad they managed to pull out of their funk from the first half of season 1. CTV in Canada got the goldmine of TV rights, they have SHIELD, Flash, Arrow, Gotham, I think they have Constantine too.

Devastatorsig.jpg

From what I've been told, Season one played out like the first book. Pacing is off to say the least.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands