RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

The rodentary gentleman may be relieved to know Nintendo acknowledged Metroid fans by saying 3D and 2D versions are in early planning stages. 

So it has been a while since we released the last one and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.

I can has 2D Metroid?

a4hebgw.gif

It's a pipe dream, but it would be awesome if they hired Iga to do the 2D Metroid.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Far Cry 4 gameplay

I gotta admit, trampling dudes while riding an elephant looks really fun.

This looks bloody awful. If you are riding on a goddamn elephant you give up your ability to use cover and are little more than a slow exposed target which can be taken out by a anybody with the pull of a trigger.  Yet the enemies in the game can't figure out how to kill you with their crappy stormtroopers accuracy. Its probably going to be laughably easy even on hard just like FC3.  

Preorder canc...wait, I didn't preorder that shyte. 

Give me Far Cry Blood Dragon 2 instead thankyouverymuch. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I know there are old people out there who use "Nintendo" as a genericised trademark in place of "console gaming", like Googling or Xeroxing something. As in "Oh the kids are out the back Nintendoing".

Not that it in any way justifies the headline. :)

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think the first thing that most people look at when a person riding on a back of rampaging elephant is bearing down on them is at the rampaging elephant bearing down on them.

And the first thing they're going to do is dump their 30 round mags into the animal and the rider before they can do any damage. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

One wouldn't have thought elephants would be of much use in mountainous terrain, as I remember from my history lessons Hannibal was only able to bring two of the beasts into Italy because of his mountainous route. The rest died, suffered accidents or were eaten.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Guest Slinky

Maybe it's just me, but I don't play Far Cry games for realism.

I still remember how many disapproved the mutants in the original Far Cry, people actually stopped playing because of them.

I guess there's realism and then there's gamey. The mutants didn't bother me one bit because they provided variety, which I very much appreciate in FPS games, but the constantly respawning normal human enemies in Far Cry 2 pissed me off in record time.

People get pissed when U.S. troops, in games fighting aliens and robots, aren't wearing proper unit patches or other uniform discrepancies. 

I'm one of those people. 

I guess you have to be a military nut to understand that sort of anal retentiveness.  While I'm not a military nut myself, I do get anal retentive about some other things, so fair enough, to each their own.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, the uniform thing gets me a lot in games (and movies) because it's not exactly harder than a quick google search to get right

True, me too. Which is why I enjoyed how they do rank in the Captain America movie, where it takes place in WWII. They took all the uniformed characters and made them part of a separate group--still U.S. military, but technically not required to strictly adhere to historical uniform codes. The costumes still have officer and enlisted rank insignia, but also additional emblems and pieces. I thought it was a great way to stay true to correct insignia and still make a fun movie--and also to get an unranked recruit all the way to Captain in such a short time. Those 1940s MP uniforms are badass, too.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm a big military nut and I generally don't get worked up about those things so long as I keep a proper perspective about these "mainstream" games. Hell, even in DCS which is about as hardcore of a military game as can get you'll see people flying A-10s and Russian Su-27s with Canadian and Greek liveries alongside Second World War vintage Focke Wulf 190s and (soon) Korean-era F-86 Sabres.

I think the bigger issue I have is when some people claim to be informed about these matters based upon their experiences in Battlefield and CoD.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm kind of the opposite, which has sort of been reflected in a couple of rants in the past, most recently probably against XCOM Long War. Trying to replicate realistic military conventions in a setup clearly not built upon realism just makes things less understandable and intuitive, and actively detracts from gameplay. Frankly, unless a game is a military sim, I'm going to outright mark it down for using say, a half-dozen different "real" assault rifles models over the game that just gives you a generic "assault rifle" item.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I think he meant he would cancel his pre-order to pre-order Blackguards 2

Sorry for the late response, but my post was about the link not working. Still doesn't work by the way. :grin:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.