RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I'm considering getting a console to play all the sports games that don't come out on the PC but the problem is that I tend to like Xbox games more than PS games and the PS4 seems to be the superior console this generation

Free games updated 3/4/21

http://www.polygon.com/e3-2014/2014/6/20/5828760/the-evil-within-trailer-e3-2014

Wowzers this looks good, a horror game that seems to really embellish the horror aspect

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Apparently CD Projekt Red's Google drive got hacked.

I know, I downloaded all that stuff yesterday. Research purposes really, I happen to be of the opinion that sharing techniques to make game will make for better games across the industry and it will allow others to refine said techniques. If only publishers would stop treating game development like if it was a national secret, I mean is not like they're doing anything new or like they don't copy each other with zealot devotion. Is like the same guys meeting week after week at a public bathroom to jerk each other through glory holes but they pretend that they're doing it to random strangers. A circlejerk is what i'm saying.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I mean is not like they're doing anything new

It's the most tragic thing. People are wasting human resources on doing exactly the same **** in video games industry, instead of concentrating on making my life better. Biggest waste of our time.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Also, now that I think about it...

>leaked

>PR marketing with a few design docs and concept arts that goes viral

Yeah, right.

Don't go down that rabbit hole.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Is it all in pszczek language though?

Some stuff is in Polish; as evident by the prefix PL, But a lot of it is in ENG.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Well, it's shait if quest docs and story details are leaked. I surely know that I won't read that stuff before the game is out.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's the most tragic thing. People are wasting human resources on doing exactly the same **** in video games industry, instead of concentrating on making my life better. Biggest waste of our time.

Bester I know you have no issue with Pirating but what's your view around  hackers and people that exploit some lax security like this CDPR incident?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bester I know you have no issue with Pirating but what's your view around  hackers and people that exploit some lax security like this CDPR incident?

Bester decrees: administrative infraction, worst case a misdemeanor punishable by a reasonable fine (1k - 3k euros)

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

When I heard that I thought that they were blowing it out of proportion. I'm pretty sure they can get investors on board, and they will get more support if they change their subscription plan. But if Nintendo has managed to make terrible decisions and stay afloat so can Crytek too; although that's mostly due to competition being dead.

village_idiot.gif

When I heard that I thought that they were blowing it out of proportion. I'm pretty sure they can get investors on board, and they will get more support if they change their subscription plan. But if Nintendo has managed to make terrible decisions and stay afloat so can Crytek too; although that's mostly due to competition being dead.

While Nintendo has certainly made some bad decisions, they've also hit some massive home runs.  Past runaway successes, like the DS, have given Nintendo quite a healthy cash reserve to fall back upon during hard times.  I don't know if Crytek has ever had that type of crazy money making success, or if they'd been smart enough to sock some money away for a rainy day.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While Nintendo has certainly made some bad decisions, they've also hit some massive home runs.  Past runaway successes, like the DS, have given Nintendo quite a healthy cash reserve to fall back upon during hard times.  I don't know if Crytek has ever had that type of crazy money making success, or if they'd been smart enough to sock some money away for a rainy day.  

Aye, Nintendo currently has cash reserve so big that they can run a $257 million deficit for 38 years before they run out of money. So Nintendo can make several bad decision in row without risking bankruptcy.

Information about Nintendo's cash reserve is from here.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/nintendo-not-doomed/ 

Quite frankly CryTek seems to be one of those companies that you don't hear a lot from, they just seem to disappear for a while.

Still, I doubt that one blunder(Ryse) is enough to make them go under. Plus they still have a few major contracts (Ubisoft for example) they don't make enough games that would justify a massive expenditure. Its quite possible that they are able to break even.

village_idiot.gif

Quite frankly CryTek seems to be one of those companies that you don't hear a lot from, they just seem to disappear for a while.

Still, I doubt that one blunder(Ryse) is enough to make them go under. Plus they still have a few major contracts (Ubisoft for example) they don't make enough games that would justify a massive expenditure. Its quite possible that they are able to break even.

Well, they have 800 employees according to that article that was posted, so I don't have any troubles seeing them having a hard time financially with those numbers.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken