What are you playing now

"undead skeletons."

There are non undead skeletons?

Yes, you know.  The ones that are dead and don't try and attack you.

Because they are dead.

• Like 6

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"undead skeletons."

Because they are dead.

What if they're just playing possum?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"undead skeletons."

Because they are dead.

What if they're just playing possum?

Undead possums?

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tried playing Puzzle Agent 2. Failed miserably. Trying to launch the game to no avail. I'm glad it was part of a humble bundle or I would have felt ripped off. The sad thing is that I enjoyed the first one, so I was looking forward to playing this. Oh well, one less game in the backlog, I guess.

"undead skeletons."

Is the skeleton under my hair, flesh and muscle Undead?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"undead skeletons."

Skeletons that walk around are undead, right? So I guess so?

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been playing the Wildstar beta the past few weekends, and I find it pretty fun. At least for PvP. I also just tried the Tesla Effect demo this week, and I am incredibly excited for its release this upcoming week. Tex is back!

"undead skeletons."

Skeletons that walk around are undead, right? So I guess so?

But zombies are undead and they got flesh and muscle.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

No, I think he proved that your guys' definition of "undead" is silly. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Playing Skyrim, I can conclude that Bethesda's quality testing is still ****. One dungeon was half glowing purple and the game crashes regularly about an hour in.

The combat is still as sluggish as Oblivion, the graphics are nothing to write home about, the animations are exactly like in Oblivion and the inventory/journal/skill tree is absolute console horror. Its so painfully obvious they made it for the TV screens with no effort to adapt it for the PC players.

Also, everyone is trying to kill me for some reason. I killed two trolls and a hagraven at level 4. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't supposed to happen.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And I played through the entire game and most of the expansion without any purple dungeons or sluggish combat. Imagine that!

Update your drivers and get a stronger rig. The game is not sluggish once your framerate holds up, the purple dungeon was because the game failed to load some textures (which I suspect is not the game's fault), the game is absolutely beautiful with everything on max. In fact, please point me to other open world games that are prettier because I sure as hell want to play them.

The rest is just petty whining for whining's sake.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I play with everything on max and my PC is brand new. The game isn't running sluggishly, its the combat that's the same shallow mess of slow, tanky controls and poorly matching animations Oblivion was (and Morrowind before that). There's 0 player agency in it, it just boils down to getting in the face of the opponent and spamming right and left click until they die. 

I don't care if its open world or not, the graphics are about as good as Oblivion and nowhere near Witcher 2 levels. Textures and faces are better than in Oblivion but that's about it. The game was obviously made with XB360 hardware limitations in mind rest of the world be damned.  

I won't even go into the story and characters because I suspect there are none as per the Behtesda usual (I ignored the main quest and wandered off).

The point of my rant is this. The graphics don't grate me. Nothing about the game really does. The point is that this game received practically universal acclaim from critics with 90+ scores thrown left and right. Yet its still the same bug ridden half broken gameplay of all Elder Scroll games. Bethesda never, ever, fixes anything - in some respects Morrowind is flat out better than Skyrim. Its bloody annoying at this point for every ES game to be regarded as the second coming when they're in fact riddled with bad design. Unmodded and without fan patches they're 8/10 games max.

The animations, the bugs, the weak stories, the questionable combat, the lazy UI design persists in every game and no one ever calls Bethesda out on it, they just flat out ignore it all. 

Hell people slam Bioware on these boards constantly, even I do, but they at least polish their games up and generally try to improve their flaws. CD Projekt Red supports their games longer than anyone else.

Bethesda just can't be bothered, like Creative Assembly and their Total War series. They just keep making the same game over and over with the same ****ty flaws and never bother to improve because as long as the suckers are buying it all is good.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 5

I don't care if its open world or not..

****ing fantastic. So you're basically saying Crysis has better graphics than Pong because they're definitely comparable. Your observational skills are off the charts.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hell people slam Bioware on these boards constantly, even I do, but they at least polish their games up and generally try to improve their flaws. CD Projekt Red supports their games longer than anyone else.

Bethesda just can't be bothered, like Creative Assembly and their Total War series. They just keep making the same game over and over with the same ****ty flaws and never bother to improve because as long as the suckers are buying it all is good.

Funny I thought that Bethesda did release hotfixes and patches for all there games in an attempt to fix issues?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Funny I thought that Bethesda did release hotfixes and patches for all there games in an attempt to fix issues?

Except that it was 1 step forward and 2 steps back, the purple missing textures was due to one of the updates.

village_idiot.gif

I can't seem to find the post now but someone had asked about the state of Sacred 2. If you get the gold edition which includes the expansion and then get the latest community patch, then you'll be fine. I really haven't run across any bugs and no crash to desktops so far.

I'm even able to run physics in the game options which wasn't even remotely a possibility at launch. For some reason this game always holds a special place in my gaming library because I am always hoping that these developers will one day make another game like this without the bugs and without the need of a community patch.

Endless Space. Well trying to figure it out. Also played some NS2, am pretty clueless so far so am just following people around for the time being :lol:. Game does take a while to get the hang of, at least in terms of practices and just learning the maps. Community is amazingly friendly, or more than I thought anyway, no bastards whining for jet/shotty, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Endless Space seems nice but I just can't seem to get around to playing it for long enough to actualy learn anything

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

More importantly than the bugs, I was reffering to some of the "systemic" weak points of ES games that are never addressed. Bugs just go on top o

I don't care if its open world or not..

****ing fantastic. So you're basically saying Crysis has better graphics than Pong because they're definitely comparable. Your observational skills are off the charts.

Well since you brought up Crysis, I might as well mention that Far Cry 3 looks much better than Skyrim. And its a very large sandbox game. It doesn't have as much unique content, I'd guesstimate but its still substantial in size.

I play with everything on max and my PC is brand new. The game isn't running sluggishly, its the combat that's the same shallow mess of slow, tanky controls and poorly matching animations Oblivion was (and Morrowind before that). There's 0 player agency in it, it just boils down to getting in the face of the opponent and spamming right and left click until they die. 

This is my biggest problem with the Elder Scrolls games.  It doesn't help that I'm a Mount and Blade fanatic, and playing any other game's melee is just painful now.  Still, I suspect the controls feel like crap to you because of the horrible input lag that the game has out of the box.  You can find some tweaks online to remove it and make the game feel a lot crisper. 

I finished HL2:Episode 1 yesterday.  Man, its so intense.  Just one frantic moment after another until its over.  About to play Episode 2 for the second time ever.  Replaying all of these might not have been the best idea, because I'm starting to crave HL3 very badly. 

• Like 1