RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I don't understand either. There is a group in the EVE universe that goes by that name and has a bad reputation, and their avatar is the same as her avatar so I presume EVE gamers know what its about.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Curiosity question, what is the context of the use of "Goon" in this?

I'm suspecting some kind of alternate definition from the norm the way its used (something common in online gaming?)

From what I gather, it's some kind of group that focuses on causing chaos and grief to the gaming community, a troll group, I guess.  I don't care enough to properly research it, so I could be way off.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

just google "Goon Squad gaming"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ultimately, the question is, what are these gender exclusive discussions that need a "safe environment" and aren't suited for general chat.

nope. that's not the question. the topics of discussions are immaterial. the gender exclusivity is there as a sift to create a safe environment for discussion about anything.

i'm just explaining the logic behind the female only social club.

as far as i'm concerned anyone can lock themself into a cloister, as long as it's by their own choice and not imposed by others.

Someone should go start a male only thread in Way Off Topic. A thread that excludes everyone bringing up this incredibly tired subject of sexism in gaming.

So no females/BruceVC.

• Like 6

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Should females/BruceVC open up their own thread then, so it's equal again?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Risen 3 Cinematic Trailer:

So, if homeslice, presumably our nameless hero, could always just have made his hands glow blue, which in turn, I can only assume, would do some kind of magical damage, why was he so desperate to get his bloken sword blade back?  Why not just blue hand the shadow dog?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So, if homeslice, presumably our nameless hero, could always just have made his hands glow blue, which in turn, I can only assume, would do some kind of magical damage, why was he so desperate to get his bloken sword blade back?  Why not just blue hand the shadow dog?

It costs a lot of mana?

Someone should go start a male only thread in Way Off Topic. A thread that excludes everyone bringing up this incredibly tired subject of sexism in gaming.

So no females/BruceVC.

I wouldn't want to be part of any forum/guild/group or any other system that said women weren't welcome. And to be honest I would consider myself lucky to not associate with people who had those views

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why ? Everyone needs a safe space.

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."  -Groucho Marx

• Like 11

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Why ? Everyone needs a safe space.

I've said this before and I'll say it again "white, straight males don't need a safe place. Everywhere is our safe place "

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, so where do they run to when they get called bad words on voice chat by some untermensch in CS ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It costs a lot of mana?

Couldn't he just spam mana potions afterward like in most video games?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The greater conundrum is... why did they make this trailer in the first place?

You could basically slap it onto any fantasy game.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, that trailer tells next to nothing about the game.  I'm mostly sad because they dropped the pirate motif in favor of a return to generic fantasy.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bound By Flame launch trailer:

I'm happy to see they've continued the tradition of hilariously bad voice overs.

I'll be interested to hear impressions of this game if anyone here winds up getting it.

I have it pre-ordered from GMG

Was only 27 bucks

EDIT: FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY 20% off code for GMG that I used. Hopefully it still works

That's a good price. It shows fifty bones on PSN and only 34 on Steam, but, available now PS4, PC not till Friday. Would like to play this. 

Edit. Oh, Steam says only 14 more hours 

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Yeah, that trailer tells next to nothing about the game.  I'm mostly sad because they dropped the pirate motif in favor of a return to generic fantasy.

Yeah, probably too many people complained.Me personally, I think Risen 2 is just meh not because of the pirates, but because the gameworld feels badly designed.

Right now I feel no motivation to play Risen 3. The setting shown so far simply doesn't interest me at all.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, probably too many people complained.Me personally, I think Risen 2 is just meh not because of the pirates, but because the gameworld feels badly designed.

Right now I feel no motivation to play Risen 3. The setting shown so far simply doesn't interest me at all.

To be honest I'm confused by your guys comments. I don't know how you can formulate an opinion on the world setting in Risen 3 from a 2 minute video that showed a battle between the hero and some sort of undead necromancer in a ruin? Yes it doesn't appear to be a pirate theme, which I did enjoy, but surly we can't comment on the success of the Risen 3 theme until we actually know what it is....or am I missing something :ermm:

John Milton 

My post is about that medieval / fantasy stuff that is confirmed already. I just don't want this anymore. At least for now, at least for the near future.