What you did today

LadyCrimson

I missed noticing that video when posted. Hilarious, especially the difference of asking the ladies vs. asking the men. I'm not sure how I'd react to a random stranger question like that ... I mean, rationally I'm fine with the concept, but actual surprised first-reaction would probably go "lulwut? no" even if it was one of my favorite male actors standing there.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd get classed as a sex offender if I tried that. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Every morning for the past few weeks i've walked past a young chap drawing graffiti in an underpass, the standard stuff about cannabis, unreadable bubbly writing and the aping of West Indian culture, anyway I got talking to the young chap and apprently he was doing this as some kind of community service. Enlivening the places that he used to "tag," which is apparently the word for the daubing of grafitti. Anyway i'd pass him, share a nod and an ocassional word of insincere praise, as I really don't think that his work is of any great merit, but one loses nothing in being nice and the young gentleman is obviously of good breeding but gone astray.

This afternoon when I walked to work (half day) I find the young gentleman sputtering in disgust, some wag has drawn an enormous todger over his month or so of work, for some reason beyond my ken I am almost unable to stop myself laughing. His self righteous fury at the "tagging" of his art seem very hypocritical, however I manage to restrain my chuckles and tut along with his complaints.

When I walked back tonight there were three todgers, I roared with laughter. I think I may be a bad person, maybe even an enemy of man.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Went cycling. As if long distance cycling on a very uphill-y route wasn't hard enough I got wind blowing right into may face all the time slowing me down considerably.

I don't even know how this is possible, I changed the direction many times and still got constant strong headwind. Then I got wind blowing from f*cking everywhere except tailwind. This whole ride was like a metaphor for my life.

And I've been thinking about buying ducks. I get nasty bug invasions every single year, so why not let a pair of ducks wreak massive havoc in the snail, fly and mosquito territory. Plus, they're cute. My neighbor has two of em for this very reason.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've always wanted to build a small "duck pond" in my backyard/s, so I can have some ducks swimming around in them. I could take up half the yard with it, build a serious oasis ... then maybe someday the migrating geese might notice it and take a migration break in my yard, too.

Course, then I'd have to clean up all the goose-poop. And chase the racoons away from bathing in it all the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played golf with Lady GD and some of her friends. I sucked. No, really I was easily the worst one there. My slice is so bad my first drive nearly landed behind me. And the only thing worse than my driving was my putting. Fortunately I didn't have to do that much because of that silly rule about actually getting the ball to the green inside of five strokes.

But it was fun for all that.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Played golf with Lady GD and some of her friends. I sucked. No, really I was easily the worst one there. My slice is so bad my first drive nearly landed behind me. And the only thing worse than my driving was my putting. Fortunately I didn't have to do that much because of that silly rule about actually getting the ball to the green inside of five strokes.

But it was fun for all that.

I think everyone sucks at golf without practice, it's just harder than it looks like it has any right to be.     

• Like 2

Changed my oil and did some minor repairs on my car.  Not fun, but it had to be done.  The weekend looks like a washout anyway as it's been pouring most of the day and that's not supposed to change tomorrow.  I'll be a shut-in the rest of the weekend and watching March Madness.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Today I spent 6 hours straight on improving my rock garden carefully positioning and re-positioning hundreds of small to big rocks. Then I planted some neat plants. It was way more fun than it sounds. 

it's been cool and rainy. Not cold, mind you. Just coolish because of the rain, enough to make (wimpy) Mr. Black sit hopefully by the wall heater all day long. In our current house Springtime is nice because all the trees get their leaves again and I can better fantasize that we have no neighbors. I really prefer evergreen trees.

Dinner and curl up to watch Walking Dead ... then, uh ... I don't know. Feels like an early-bedtime day.

Had a very long Saturday night. Drank a lot of vodka and woke up in a place I didn't recognize while Pulp Fiction was playing while a cat staring at me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think my son can already fart louder than I can. 

This is a good skill to have

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But can he armfart yet? A father's job is never done!

I won a few races of go-kart and thought to myself, "hey, I'm a pretty decent driver". Then I saw this:

Now I feel like an old lady driving her '78 Ford Fiesta from to the store and back.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Come down with a sore throat, and am laid up at home. I can barely talk. It is very restful.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Raining again. Which means I could put on a raincoat and go outside with an umbrella and plastic-baggied camera and take cool shots of raindrops and puddles, or I could stay indoors lounging around in my underwear whilst playing games.

Hm. Tough choice.

But can he armfart yet? A father's job is never done!

His armpits are used primarily for the manufacture of a rather gooey mixture of sweat, lint, and spat-up food. 

oooh, yeah, Isle of Man racing ... the undisputed epicenter of bravery and foolhardiness. 

There was some interesting, unique fact about that place I can't remember ... something to do with banking, or sheep.

Isle of man, home of the  hardest, twistiest yet also fastest rally stages. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

My school today sent out a mass email saying that to be in accordance with the law, they had to inform is that a student got sexually assaulted in the dorms. What bugs me is we got nothing like the for when the cops opened fire on somebody on campus.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.