What you did today

LadyCrimson

Still laid up. I'm reading about this outbreak of Ebola and wondering my being at home with a sore throat means I will survive the ensuing horrifying death dance of civilisation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The only ones who will survive the great ebola outbreak and mass extinction will be the folks who live in the woods, have little contact with other people, can grow their own food and are armed to the teeth. Know anyone who meets that description Wals? :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The only ones who will survive the great ebola outbreak and mass extinction will be the folks who live in the woods, have little contact with other people, can grow their own food and are armed to the teeth. Know anyone who meets that description Wals? :lol:

Well... I guess I have the toenails of a man who lives like that. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah, good 'ole Ebola, it doesn't frighten me in the least. Its such a quick killer that it can't spread much, especially across continents. Before you can infect somebody else with your raging Ebola you've already turned into a puddle of plant fertilizer. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Ah, good 'ole Ebola, it doesn't frighten me in the least. Its such a quick killer that it can't spread much, especially across continents. Before you can infect somebody else with your raging Ebola you've already turned into a puddle of plant fertilizer. 

Until it mutates.

-Elwood Blues

Everything is potentially dangerous when it mutates. A flock of mutated ten-story tall ducks would kill more people in 5 minutes than Ebola in ten years. 

• Like 1

Everything is potentially dangerous when it mutates. A flock of mutated ten-story tall ducks would kill more people in 5 minutes than Ebola in ten years. 

Plus they're ducks, so they'd be raping everything.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Coworkers are strange, one wasted my time telling me about the tragedy of the commons and why I should care about the state of a fridge I don't even use.    Though the fridge is pretty nasty, has milk in there that has expired months ago, containers of spoiled food and an ice pack that is leaking (well, in the freezer half).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having one of those evenings where a fairly pleasant day swung into lots of irritation, when what should have been several 5 minute tasks turned into 30-40 minute marathons because everything and it's maker decided to go wrong and screw up rather then let me get them done swiftly and efficiently.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bought a new laptop, came home, unpacked it and found this:

IMG_20140401_174803_zpsccs3xylt.jpg

It's a laptop I bought for my sister (Acer Aspire E1-572, i5-4200U, 8 GB RAM, 1TB storage, 1920x1080 screen). I was going to decrapify it before sending it to her.

The weird thing is that the box it came in had almost no visible damage (only a small tear in the paper hinge, so to speak). The screen had no visible damage at all until you turned it on. I took it back to the store and they'll replace it for free. Still a bit annoying.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I got out of my writer's block.

Sort of.

The best way out of mental blocks is self flagellating, it won't make you more creative but it will make you more productive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I bought this for no raisin

Okay, it was a gift for a friend who is all about Darth Vader

and toast

:lol: that shows some serious commitment to the Star Wars franchise, I like it

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Is her new apartment your apartment?

No, her own place. :) She's been living here for a bout a week (month in reality though heh) until she found a place and we shortly thought about just moving in together, but 3 months is too soon in my opinion. Next round of moving though.

Fortune favors the bald.

Spent the day doing various stuff with the spouse while grousing about the April showers. It was so nice/warm for a couple weeks, now it's suddenly (California winter) again. Mentally, I rebel. And at least when sitting in this unheated room at 4am, I have to put on pants. Boo.

I saw the beginning of "Commando" on TV earlier this evening, which made me guffaw. I personally never thought of that as Ahnuld's best action film by any means, but I remember finding it enjoyable enough when I saw it way back when. But it has not, imo, aged well at all. Note I'm not saying it's terrible - only that it now makes me giggle uncontrollably more than get excited about the stunts and action.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

and toast

Can't see a toaster that only can toast it black being all that handy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm at work and so angry right now, I'm fighting the urge to rip my co workers and boss to shreds with my bare hands and beat them to death with their own limbs. 

Edited by Woldan

Hey Woldan, if you do that, pour lemon juice on the bodies and bury them in a remote location. Helps them decompose more rapidly.

Today I'm going to be in classes until 430pm. Hopefully going out with a few friends tonight.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hey Woldan, if you do that, pour lemon juice on the bodies and bury them in a remote location. Helps them decompose more rapidly.

Today I'm going to be in classes until 430pm. Hopefully going out with a few friends tonight.

Wouldn't maggot larvae like you use for fishing do a better job?

-Elwood Blues

and toast

:lol: that shows some serious commitment to the Star Wars franchise, I like it

I'd like one where you slide lightsaber shaped heating elements into the toasting compartment. Maybe halogen like you get in stoves?

EDIT: Lightsaber barbecue!!!

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues