What you did today

LadyCrimson

I was fed up with work so I went for a walk this morning with my dog. We followed Cold Creek to the Hatchee river. Then we followed the Hatchee all the way to the big turn south and cut west through the marsh all the way to the Mississippi. Then we sat and watched the river roll by for hours. Then we walked back. I'm guessing it was about 12 miles round trip. That was a hell of a walk. We were gone 9 hours. The rest of the day I just kind of wasted.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finished my BSEE working full time and taking 8-12 hours per semester including summer sessions when I could get them at night. It took 8 years. That was a hell of a long time. If you have the wherewithal financially to go full time and finish faster, I'd say do it. Less wear and tear on you and you get to your peak earning potential that much faster so in the long run you're better off.

Did you take a couple years off after high school? If you can afford it, you should quit and go to school full time imo.

I took a year off to work after a series of bad things caused me a lot of financial grief. Recovered from it, but it was pretty hectic for a few months.

What I'm torn about is that my current job pays $20 an hour, and that I have an offer from a large company we work very closely with for a $200,000 yearly position after I graduate with a BA. It's good money, but the 50+ hours I have to deal with is a bitch. I'm feeling kind of like that pic ShadySands posted(even though I'm only about 2 years older) and it's a bit depressing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I was fed up with work so I went for a walk this morning with my dog. We followed Cold Creek to the Hatchee river. Then we followed the Hatchee all the way to the big turn south and cut west through the marsh all the way to the Mississippi. Then we sat and watched the river roll by for hours. Then we walked back. I'm guessing it was about 12 miles round trip. That was a hell of a walk. We were gone 9 hours. The rest of the day I just kind of wasted.

You leaving out the part where you came across a pack of timber wolves and you and Tommy had to fight for your survival :biggrin:

All in a days work for GD. You must be one of the few members on these forums whose daily excursions in RL sounds like a session of Skyrim

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What I'm torn about is that my current job pays $20 an hour, and that I have an offer from a large company we work very closely with for a $200,000 yearly position after I graduate with a BA. It's good money, but the 50+ hours I have to deal with is a bitch. I'm feeling kind of like that pic ShadySands posted(even though I'm only about 2 years older) and it's a bit depressing.

If youre two years away from a $200,000/year salary you would be a fool to do anything that would delay that. Imo. Things change and opportunities don't last forever.

Actually, you should double down on your classes.

You leaving out the part where you came across a pack of timber wolves and you and Tommy had to fight for your survival :biggrin:

All in a days work for GD. You must be one of the few members on these forums whose daily excursions in RL sounds like a session of Skyrim

:lol:  Yeah, except for the part about the dragons, giants, bandits, foresworn, wolves, bears, swords, imperial legion, thalmor, vampires, stormcloaks, and hot warrior princess werewolves, it was exactly like that! 

But there was a lot of walking in the woods not sure exactly where I was or where I was going so that part was right!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finished my BSEE working full time and taking 8-12 hours per semester including summer sessions when I could get them at night. It took 8 years. That was a hell of a long time. If you have the wherewithal financially to go full time and finish faster, I'd say do it. Less wear and tear on you and you get to your peak earning potential that much faster so in the long run you're better off.

Did you take a couple years off after high school? If you can afford it, you should quit and go to school full time imo.

I took a year off to work after a series of bad things caused me a lot of financial grief. Recovered from it, but it was pretty hectic for a few months.

Completely agree with Giftd. If you are that close, just go for it. Bite the bullet and go full time.

Thomas Sowell

So here's that video I promised of me kissing random girls on the street.. :) (and getting rejected hehe)

Primarily done for the promotion for the book the speaker is making and selling, if you're wondering why..

• Like 5

Fortune favors the bald.

So here's that video I promised of me kissing random girls on the street.. :) (and getting rejected hehe)

Primarily done for the promotion for the book the speaker is making and selling, if you're wondering why..

Dude that was a seriously funny and interesting video. I loved it, I like the fact that behind the scenes it was harder to get the girls but the guys were easy to convince :lol:

That lady looks like your g-friend with the purple hair?

Send me the information around the book, I am very interested in what the book is about

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

While driving my F-150 this morning I heard an unsettling metallic *thunk* come from the rear of the truck. After I parked I discovered that the driver's side rear leaf spring mount has rusted through and let go. Crap, crap, and mega crap. They're about $150+ each, plus labor.  This I didn't need.  :down:  Oh, to live in a state where they don't use rock salt like it was going out of style...

Sorry to hear that. Don't you guys coat the bottom of your cars with a layer of protective oil before roads get covered with tons of salt? I know if we didn't do that the salt would eat away the suspension and brakes in no time at all.

And as good as Ford cars may be they are not known for their rust resistance.

Nice ride BTW, I like the F150.   :thumbsup:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Dude that was a seriously funny and interesting video. I loved it, I like the fact that behind the scenes it was harder to get the girls but the guys were easy to convince :lol:

Send me the information around the book, I am very interested in what the book is about

It's in Danish, so probably not that interesting? and it's pretty cookie-cutter dating psychology - I'm just the guinea pig doing all the experiments heh.

and yep that's purple hair :)

Fortune favors the bald.

It's in Danish, so probably not that interesting? and it's pretty cookie-cutter dating psychology - I'm just the guinea pig doing all the experiments heh.

and yep that's purple hair :)

Yeah you right, I don't understand much Danish  :)

John Milton 

While driving my F-150 this morning I heard an unsettling metallic *thunk* come from the rear of the truck. After I parked I discovered that the driver's side rear leaf spring mount has rusted through and let go. Crap, crap, and mega crap. They're about $150+ each, plus labor.  This I didn't need.  :down:  Oh, to live in a state where they don't use rock salt like it was going out of style...

Sorry to hear that. Don't you guys coat the bottom of your cars with a layer of protective oil before roads get covered with tons of salt? I know if we didn't do that the salt would eat away the suspension and brakes in no time at all.

And as good as Ford cars may be they are not known for their rust resistance.

Nice ride BTW, I like the F150.   :thumbsup:

..and all I could think about was leaf springs..

The last vehicle I drove with leaf springs was a tractor. From the fifties.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Played World Of Warcraft, cried, made lunch, ate, cried more.. replied to this post

Welcome to the forums :)

John Milton 

Helping my cousin with his CV and personal letter he is sending in to Ernst & Young. No pressure, none at all.  :sweat:

Next stop, Scumsoft. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Helping my cousin with his CV and personal letter he is sending in to Ernst & Young. No pressure, none at all. :sweat:

Next stop, Scumsoft. ;)

Long term plan is to start his own thing. Won't make it without experience. He isn't thrilled about E&Y, but the pay is good and it helps to have on a future CV.

I tried to order clothes at Amazon and I failed miserably. There is this really cool sweater but I fail at the sizes / proportions again. No cool sweater for oddly shaped Woldan. Woldan so very very sad....   ;(

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I tried to order clothes at Amazon and I failed miserably. There is this really cool sweater but I fail at the sizes / proportions again. No cool sweater for oddly shaped Woldan. Woldan so very very sad....   ;(

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Arc'teryx's "athletic" cut would be a good fit for you. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Annoyed coworker that put up some passive aggressive note of a meme that "Leave your dirty dishes in the sink, and I'll punch you in the baby maker".  So I stuck up a "Stop violence against women" note under.  Both got taken down this morning. :lol:

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In the frame shown, you look like you're about to piss yourself.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

In the frame shown, you look like you're about to piss yourself.

I didn't want to say it, but it's true.