What you did today

LadyCrimson

House chores.  Almost the whole nine yards:  Taking the trash out, washing pans, vacuuming, washing the windows, cleaning the range top and counter tops, didn't have to wash the floors or clean the tub, but I cleaned the sink, toilet, and mirror.  Normally, I'd now reward myself with a beer, but since I'm no a no alcohol kick, and since it's nice outside, I'll go for a walk instead.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had no idea black Irishmen even existed.

My cousin is one, if Irish-American counts.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Still processing events from earlier. After a great deal of bluster I calmly said that unless they quit arsing around then I'd make it my business to build a case and hand it over to the police. Received message effectively saying

"Righto guv'nor, it's a fair cop. No hard feelings?"

The world really does have some bloodless bastards in it. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ouch. At least it was recognised and things halted there.

Now you can put it past you and move on for fresh horizons... while pondering on which sharp sticks to prepare in case you meet the buggers in a dark alley somewhere...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ouch. At least it was recognised and things halted there.

Now you can put it past you and move on for fresh horizons... while pondering on which sharp sticks to prepare in case you meet the buggers in a dark alley somewhere...

Thanks for the sympathy, man.

I often wonder about fraudsters. In some ways I almost think they are worse than simple violent criminals. Violence can occur without empathy. Effective fraud demands it.

I just feel drained and sleepy now. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hubby is sick and I've been extra-lazy, so tried our local Papa John's pizza delivery for the 1st time.Hubby ate more than one piece, so I guess it's "ok" for fast food chain pizza. Which isn't saying a whole lot, mind. Wish we had stuff like deli delivery for cold sandwiches and salads or something. Not just typical burger/pizza/cheap Chinese or mondo expensive restaurants whose food doesn't deliver well (soggy/weird from container condensation when it arrives).

Unplugged the 2560x1440 monitor since all it does is make me want to buy one (or two) LG 27EA83R-D monitors when I have no real need for one outside of "games would look 20-30% sweeter vs. my 1080." ... just can't justify it (right now). Away, temptation, away.

Mr. Black has taken up a new habit of sleeping on the floor bath-towel in our tiny bathroom. I have no idea why. Can't stand it because who wants cat hair all over their showered feet, right? Keep shooing him off, but next time I go to the 'loo, there he is. Darn cat! :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A condensation free container that you could use without power would get you a small fortune if properly patented, LC. Get on it!

-Elwood Blues

@Wals: Sorry to hear that. :(  So you caught it in time or they managed to pinch some loot?

Its been beautiful here last two days. In the 50's with cloudless blue skies. Makes the heart swell. Later today were going over my mother in laws so I can "set up" her new laptop. Just the basic stuff; get her connected to her WiFi and printer, move her documents, etc... Its my first experience with Win 8 so Im actually a little excited.

Did some betting yesterday and won $1000. With some good stocks buying/selling and actually winning some bets here and there (won much more than I have played for, I keep tabs so it doesn't get out of hand), I can't complain.

@Wals: Sorry to hear that. :(  So you caught it in time or they managed to pinch some loot?

Thanks for the sympathy, again. I appreciate it.

After sleeping on it I feel pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I struck a good balance between taking risks and being cautious. Didn't lose anything worth speaking of.

I wouldn't have predicted feeling so good about it. I guess the best I can say is that I feel clean. Like when you've been working in mud, and you have  a good scrub.

-Elwood Blues

Pretty sick this morning. Going to go for a walk then eat some waffles.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Seems a pipe is leaking from one of our bathrooms upstairs, joy. So that is going be to one big hassle to fix and not sure how soon either as I imagine we'll need to cut a part of the ceiling out to access the spot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm having a strange kind of throat ache thats gets slowly and steadily worse, its just a really small spot two centimeters above my epiglottis and it hurts when I press my tongue against my teeth or when I build up pressure when bench pressing heavy weights.   I had many throat infections in my life but none like this.  Guess its the place right where my tongue is attached to my neck. 

Time to gargle some strong vodka. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've also had a bad cough for about a week.  It has gone through my whole family, but I have a history of asthma so the wheezing was bad enough to send me to the clinic.  I figured I needed a new prescription for my inhaler anyways.

The clinic I go to is awesome.  They are super quick with walk-ins, they charge a reasonable rate, and the service is great.  They also seem to have a thing for hiring hot Russian doctors.  I've been helped by this older Russian female doctor before, but this time she had a student doctor shadowing her that was also gorgeous.  It was hilariously distracting.  They also had me fill out a survey and then gave my $5.  So I walked out with cash and a few prescriptions for an inhaler and codiene cough syrup.  Yay for me.

• Like 1

If anyone goes full zombie be sure and post here first.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

*Cough* *Sniffle* ... BRAAAINS!!!? *Cough*

Big party saturday, but had to go home fairly early because of a big project I have to work on, was less than productive Sunday though and now I have to work pretty hard to meet the deadline tomorrow. Ah the joys of Uni.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

mesa

I've also had a bad cough for about a week.  It has gone through my whole family, but I have a history of asthma so the wheezing was bad enough to send me to the clinic.  I figured I needed a new prescription for my inhaler anyways.

The clinic I go to is awesome.  They are super quick with walk-ins, they charge a reasonable rate, and the service is great.  They also seem to have a thing for hiring hot Russian doctors.  I've been helped by this older Russian female doctor before, but this time she had a student doctor shadowing her that was also gorgeous.  It was hilariously distracting.  They also had me fill out a survey and then gave my $5.  So I walked out with cash and a few prescriptions for an inhaler and codiene cough syrup.  Yay for me.

Hurlshot next time you are there ask the Russian doctors what they think about the situation in Crimea, I am interested to hear what educated Russians think about there countries foreign policy decisions

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

mesa

Hurlshot next time you are there ask the Russian doctors what they think about the situation in Crimea, I am interested to hear what educated Russians think about there countries foreign policy decisions

I'm sure they'd love to talk about it.

Not.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

mesa

I'm sure they'd love to talk about it.

Not.

Most expats don't mind talking about there home country if the questions are asked in the right way :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Most expats won't shut up about the situation in their old country. :)

EDIT: Been put on a course of antibiotics for my cough. Also been signed off work for another week. Not sure how I feel about it, because I am getting a bit bored.

And yes, I'm blaming you bastards for me being bored. :p

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Most expats won't shut up about the situation in their old country. :)

Actually that's what I wanted to say but I thought I would be diplomatic. The only consideration I would suggest is Russian expats living in the USA are different to the expats you and I know of that live in Europe and the UK

John Milton 

Yep, don't generalize generalizations too much. 

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Whelp, got my birthday shindig setup. Just hope I didn't get in over my head because they didn't actually tell me any prices but meh.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.