What you did today

LadyCrimson

Man, I think I'm going to lose my job, I need to make calls but I couldn't understand half of what people are saying if my life depended on it, and its getting worse. I have extremely good ears, my ear-doc confirmed that, but on phones it sounds like people are eating food rather than talking to me. I can only understand people and friends I call very frequently. High pitch or low pitch voice, male or female, language, it does not matter, I just can't hear the words. 

This is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. :banghead:  ;(

If there's nothing mechanically obtruding your ears then I'd suggest a mental issue. There must be disorders of the speech centres of the brain.

Alternatively you could just be hitting the age where you simply stop caring what people say. It's hard to pay attention when what they are saying is balls.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Man, I think I'm going to lose my job, I need to make calls but I couldn't understand half of what people are saying if my life depended on it, and its getting worse. I have extremely good ears, my ear-doc confirmed that, but on phones it sounds like people are eating food rather than talking to me. I can only understand people and friends I call very frequently. High pitch or low pitch voice, male or female, language, it does not matter, I just can't hear the words. 

This is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. :banghead:  ;(

If there's nothing mechanically obtruding your ears then I'd suggest a mental issue. There must be disorders of the speech centres of the brain.

Alternatively you could just be hitting the age where you simply stop caring what people say. It's hard to pay attention when what they are saying is balls.

He's make a wonderful dustrict judge.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

First bike ride of the year.  Nothing particularly taxing, I was out there maybe 35 minutes.  It'll take me a few weeks to get into halfway decent riding shape, then I can see about tackling Avon Mountain, which is a hellacious climb regardless of which side you approach it from.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe its the latter, I'm woefully bad at paying attention at something I'm not interested in, no matter how hard I try. 

Anyway, got a new reason to drink Vodka: a tooth filling just fell out and I need to keep the hole clean till the doc repairs that thing. I think its a filling, the hole is perfectly round in shape and pretty deep, with a razor sharp edge. Either that or a small shaped charge went off in my mouth and ripped a hole into my tooths hull, though I've never heard of caries using advanced explosives on teeth. Like I said, a good reason to drink some Vodka. Chemical warfare baby!

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Maybe its the latter, I'm woefully bad at paying attention at something I'm not interested in, no matter how hard I try. 

Anyway, got a new reason to drink Vodka: a tooth filling just fell out and I need to keep the hole clean till the doc repairs that thing. I think its a filling, the hole is perfectly round in shape and pretty deep, with a razor sharp edge. Either that or a small shaped charge went off in my mouth and ripped a hole into my tooths hull, though I've never heard of caries using advanced explosives on teeth. Like I said, a good reason to drink some Vodka. Chemical warfare baby!

It's KGB and their listening devices, not caries.

• Like 2

So... went to work... On my way home saw a piece of lawn furniture on fire, and somebody who'd gotten so drunk they were totally passed out (and being tended to by firemen).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

By the sound of things you need a full MOT!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's KGB and their listening devices, not caries.

My god, the NSA is observing my mouth!

By the sound of things you need a full MOT!

:mellow:

Edited by Woldan

Apparently there were riots last night on campus for veisha (the school festival).

It's only tuesday...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A close friend of the family passed away so I took a personal day

Sorry to hear that :(

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had a talk with our GM who has a nasty habit of aggrandizing her favorite GMPC (who's, as a spellcaster, of course miles ahead of everyone else in the party both in raw power and versatility - yes, RPGs written before concepts such as "balance" became important suck). After a fairly intense shouting match, she apologized for being selfish and promised to do better, while I offered to help her with descriptions and minor NPCs. Went better than expected, although I think this probably won't solve anything in the long term.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The second a GMPC has a role outside of filling a mechanic need in a party, you've already lost the battle.

They can fulfil a narrative role, mate.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

The second a GMPC has a role outside of filling a mechanic need in a party, you've already lost the battle.

They can fulfil a narrative role, mate.

Hmpf, true.
  • Like 1

This one just fulfills the role of "letting the GM play in her juvenile power fantasy", but I'm willing to forgive a lot for someone who nails the weird aesthetics as well as she does. Doesn't change the fact that she's a piss-poor excuse for a GM, though.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

This one just fulfills the role of "letting the GM play in her juvenile power fantasy", but I'm willing to forgive a lot for someone who nails the weird aesthetics as well as she does. Doesn't change the fact that she's a piss-poor excuse for a GM, though.

You should lead a coup and install yourself as GM.

But yeah, spellcaster fantasies are bad enough without fusing them with a GM fantasy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You should lead a coup and install yourself as GM.

Unfortunately, we're playing in a world and a system I only have passing familiarity with, and between the three comprehensive exams I have to take this semester, I really can't afford to learn all this ****, too.

Hm, pondering on the question of graphics cards.  My current one is an MSI GTX560 Ti Frozr II, the sole remnant of the pc which blew up last year. But the fan's been making rather dodgy noises off and on the last 5 months or so...

Novatech has a rather nice deal going at the moment for the MSI GTX 750 Ti, so I'm dealing with temptation and whether to break into some of my savings now.. or to wait a touch longer until what's in my machine properly self-destructs...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

...orrr you could just replace the heatsink-fan. lol

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Coworker claims I am sociopath, hmph, was offended.  Still, I guess the idea of adjusting another coworker's monitors each night just to hear him rage at the janitors the following morning is a bad thing. 

Still getting whupped at chess too, hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mucus finally started flowing yellow. This means that the 'National Guard' have finally turned up to fight the horrifying invaders. White blood cells in the mucus.

On the downside I just spent fully ten minutes in a coughing cycle. I think at one point I actually turned inside-out. :)

-Elwood Blues

On the downside I just spent fully ten minutes in a coughing cycle. I think at one point I actually turned inside-out. :)

Be careful with the coughing, my aunt broke a rip when during a coughing attack.

• Like 1