What you did today

LadyCrimson

Hey Woldan, if you do that, pour lemon juice on the bodies and bury them in a remote location. Helps them decompose more rapidly

Decompose? I'm gonna put their corpses on my necklace. 

Anyway, I woke up feeling like puking, went to work feeling like puking and now I home still feeling like - yeah you guessed it - 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I am exhausted, but extremely restless. Still going through a de-motivated "I don't really like anything" phase and unable to shake it, which makes me cranky as well as restless. Good thing I have Mr. Black. Oh and my hubby. He's all right, too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw that same McLaren roadcar on the freeway again ... if there are five of them in this whole county of three million, I'd be surprised. Had no markings for model designation, but was brand new, nice deep maroon color, strangely with a handicap tag and a small USMC insignia on the rear glass. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Hubs brought home a 2540x1440 (or whatever it is...) 27" IPX (IPS? heck I can't keep up anymore) monitor that was super cheap because it has no built-in monitor color settings/on-screen displays or something. Which is poo, but if it looks good enough maybe I wouldn't care. I think it's HP. Going to try it and see what kind of fps drops I get playing games, haha.

Keep thinking about a new GPU but not sure it's worth the prices at the moment since the gtx-590 still seems plenty fine. But I've also been feeling rather down, which sometimes equals me going on a shopping spree. Maybe I should hold off for the 4k revolution, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm going to Kansas City for a few days for work next week. I'm brining my dog with so that will be good. Plus I think we could all use a break from each other on the home front.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Plus I think we could all use a break from each other on the home front.

Having some troubles reacclimating to a person living with you again?

Give the guy a break! You can hang around with one person too much, no matter who they are.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Plus I think we could all use a break from each other on the home front.

Having some troubles reacclimating to a person living with you again?

Let's just say we're having some of the same problems we had when we dated a few years ago. There are some personality types that just clash more than others. It's hard for two Alphas to get along sometimes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hm, a little concerned over a friend. Her 15 year old daughter got approached in the mall by a modelling agency. Apparently, it is one of the more legit agencies in the US and they were doing a mall recruitment process - target rich environment of pretty girls I gather. She got a call back, and they wanted to sign her. And apparently her mother's ex who had taken her to the call back appointment lost the ability to say "no" and signed the contract for her.

Of course, because she has no experience in the business, they want her to take classes (at least 10 weeks of) before they'll get her work. They're paying "half" of the costs, but expect her to come up with the other half.

Something about that just flares up some of my paranoia. Her mother's a bit concerned, but it is a legit and recognised modelling agency, but she's also pissed off at the ex for not saying they should take a day or two to think it over first.

Anyone know if that's a standard practice of modelling agencies? What are the big danger signs to look out for, or the positive signs? I don't want to push the paranoia since the kid is practically walking on air at the moment... But I do want to help make sure I can give some helpful advice to them.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, a little concerned over a friend. Her 15 year old daughter got approached in the mall by a modelling agency. Apparently, it is one of the more legit agencies in the US and they were doing a mall recruitment process - target rich environment of pretty girls I gather. She got a call back, and they wanted to sign her. And apparently her mother's ex who had taken her to the call back appointment lost the ability to say "no" and signed the contract for her.

Of course, because she has no experience in the business, they want her to take classes (at least 10 weeks of) before they'll get her work. They're paying "half" of the costs, but expect her to come up with the other half.

Something about that just flares up some of my paranoia. Her mother's a bit concerned, but it is a legit and recognised modelling agency, but she's also pissed off at the ex for not saying they should take a day or two to think it over first.

Anyone know if that's a standard practice of modelling agencies? What are the big danger signs to look out for, or the positive signs? I don't want to push the paranoia since the kid is practically walking on air at the moment... But I do want to help make sure I can give some helpful advice to them.

The warning indicator is that they pay half. Not all.

It's a scam.

"Dude, that basketball shot you just took was awesome. I'd like to train you up and take you pro. Just sign up to my gym classes for 39.99 a month... Pro athletes make, like, tens of thousands of dollars a year."

:skeptical:

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Political induced paralysis on this project causing apathy to spike to new heights - well at least for the project.  Going to spend the day getting beaten handily at chess and looking forward to my date tomorrow, circumstances permitting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went to the hair stylist to get the hair on the back of my head cut to a shorter length. It was day 122 without getting my hair cut but long hair on the back of the head sucks so I had to do something about it. Rest of my hair is still long and getting longer, 8 months to go. But I'm still not used to the feeling of having so much hair on my head. 

Also at the grocery store I saw Carol Peletier from The Walking Dead, her hair was a bit longer though, but same style. But she looked like a clone, she even had the same voice and calm personality. Scary. :blink:

I have an exam in a hour. Going to get some sleep afterwards, then hopefully go see Winter Soldier.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

HP-ZR2740w promo monitor - well, the extra resolution is nice, but everything desktop-wise is so tiny. My old eyes can't stand it. Even tho technically readable, the tiny always makes me feel like I'm trying to read a bookcover from across a room. Consumer reviews say reliability is bad, too. Course we didn't pay for this one ... but I think hubby can have it. :p

... games do "pop" a bit more because of higher res of course (and games don't need magnification).

... the color of the HP monitor leans a tad too much towards the yellow for my liking, and Nvidia control panel really sucks for color adjustment.

...my LG beats it for blacks/whites contrast/brightness hands down.

...btw, running two big monitors (for same pc) at once is kinda fun. Yes, that's right, never did that before.

I forgot I had no heavy-duty games currently installed for testing the gpu/fps with. Stuff like Banished, FO:NV and Caesar 3 aren't exactly demanding.

• Like 1

I'm going to Kansas City for a few days for work next week. I'm brining my dog with so that will be good. Plus I think we could all use a break from each other on the home front.

Be wary of tornadoes and remember that there is no place like home....also red shoes wouldn't hurt.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Completed my exam. Going to read the first trade of Preacher then get some sleep.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Be wary of tornadoes and remember that there is no place like home....also red shoes wouldn't hurt.

Umm Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas.... mostly anyway :lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Umm Kansas City is in Missouri, not Kansas

It's precisely this sort of thing that explains why you colonial chaps shouldn't have been allowed to run off starting superpowers, landing on the moon and so forth.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 4

-Elwood Blues

Well, part of it is in Kansas. A small part though.

Thomas Sowell

Chinese food and a movie.

I may not like thisHP monitor or tiny text, but it does make me want the bigger resolution IPS for gaming. LG's is only $800! ... but I'd have to mail order it. And I don't think I want 3 monitors on my desk...

Speaking of cons I just finally tumbled to an attempted fraud against yours truly. Complex job with multiple accounts and phone numbers. Use of social media accounts to flesh out each 'identity'.

Been ongoing for some time (over two years) building cover as a lonely hearts. Someone I actually did know. Except the contact wasn't them. They were using their social media to generate plausible exchanges.

Instinct was what got set off to start with, but built up by asking very specific questions inside inoccuous exchanges. No answers ever came back with information I hadn't already given. When you'd normally share a story or a feeling the tendency was always to distract and escalate. Vastly extravagant nonsense, all primary colours, no detail. Digging a bit I found no substance to some of the 'supporting' actors. Classic fraudster.

Called them on it last night. No legal recourse at present (which is the best bit about attempted fraud), but mentioned the cops.

I'm  a bit embarrassed obviously. But I thought I'd share it so hopefully you fellahs will learn something. Always be wary, always try to avoid giving out any personal ID such as address, and don't use your financial information for people you haven't met in a serious context such as where they work or live, for any reason no matter how seemingly harmless. And if someone seems a bit off-key, don't ignore your instincts. Most of all don't assume that a willingness to invest time and effort on chatter means a fraudster is legit.

-Elwood Blues

Well, part of it is in Kansas. A small part though.

So the Royals really play in Missouri?

:lol:  Yes. Please tell me the teacher knew that!

Thomas Sowell

Went to my aunts birthday party, it was a big family gathering eating pizza and everything. And nobody laughed about my knock-knock and black humor-ish Irishman jokes. :<