What you did today

LadyCrimson

Yesterday I drank Jack Daniels and paced around. Struggled trying to figure out a conflict for my new project that I could be happy with. I think writing out how I'm struggling to figure out a conflict helped, because one of the floated ideas started sounding much better. Yay.

PM me. I'll drag my consumptive butt down the pub and ask the regulars.

I can just imagine you asking a bunch of drunk strangers "which would you prefer intergalactic heroes to fight, an intelligent virus or robots?"

Would you believe me if I tell you that I have spent many years perfecting the art of asking very random questions to complete strangers and getting a response sometimes? I do it because I am a student of human behaviour and I am fascinated by how people respond to different questions and situations

Yesterday in a supermarket I asked this lady in front of me in the line for the till  if she minded paying for my groceries, well specifically I said "do you mind if I add a few items to your basket, its been a hard month"

She responded really well and she ended up paying me a compliment saying how its nice to meet " friendly people that you don't know in supermarkets"

... And then you chain those people into a room with a saw.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yesterday I drank Jack Daniels and paced around. Struggled trying to figure out a conflict for my new project that I could be happy with. I think writing out how I'm struggling to figure out a conflict helped, because one of the floated ideas started sounding much better. Yay.

PM me. I'll drag my consumptive butt down the pub and ask the regulars.

I can just imagine you asking a bunch of drunk strangers "which would you prefer intergalactic heroes to fight, an intelligent virus or robots?"

Would you believe me if I tell you that I have spent many years perfecting the art of asking very random questions to complete strangers and getting a response sometimes? I do it because I am a student of human behaviour and I am fascinated by how people respond to different questions and situations

Yesterday in a supermarket I asked this lady in front of me in the line for the till  if she minded paying for my groceries, well specifically I said "do you mind if I add a few items to your basket, its been a hard month"

She responded really well and she ended up paying me a compliment saying how its nice to meet " friendly people that you don't know in supermarkets"

... And then you chain those people into a room with a saw.

:lol:

You understand the South African mentality well

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't want to be a **** about this, Bruce. But you have a job, don't you? And no kids or anything. How are you cool asking strangers to pay for your food?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Strange people, I guess you got lucky and didn't get someone who would tell you to pound sand.

People here are a right kind of mean, funniest instance had to be when this middle aged woman kicked a guy off a streetcar as he was standing on the step, keeping the doors open (the way it works). Guy had his rap blaring and was ignoring everyone, but was funny to see him eat asphalt as we went on and no one cared that much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't want to be a **** about this, Bruce. But you have a job, don't you? And no kids or anything. How are you cool asking strangers to pay for your food?

Its just a joke, I wouldn't really let them pay and almost everyone seems to know its a joke and it makes everyone laugh :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Strange people, I guess you got lucky and didn't get someone who would tell you to pound sand.

People here are a right kind of mean, funniest instance had to be when this middle aged woman kicked a guy off a streetcar as he was standing on the step, keeping the doors open (the way it works). Guy had his rap blaring and was ignoring everyone, but was funny to see him eat asphalt as we went on and no one cared that much.

Oh, sorry I didn't mention no one actually pays for my groceries, you guys might have thought I meant I was asking strangers to really pay for me. I didn't explain properly :)

John Milton 

Its just a joke, I wouldn't really let them pay and almost everyone seems to know its a joke and it makes everyone laugh :)

Sorry, man. My temper's as short as my breath. And I can't breath properly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sorry, man. My temper's as short as my breath. And I can't breath properly.

No I should be thanking you as I didn't explain properly and I would have also thought the idea of someone getting strangers to pay for there groceries when they can afford it is very questionable and dodgy behaviour :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

I'm beginning to question alcohol's contribution to my creative ability. I started getting into a detailed outline yesterday and drinking more Jack Daniels. About two thirds into the planning for Chapter 2 I start thinking to myself "this is fantastic, this is great, this could be the best work I've ever done."

That sounds pretty good, you might think. And it is on its own. But I was getting so excited by my progress and planning, keep in mind I'm only outlining at this point and only doing part of the second chapter, that I had to stop. I had to play games to calm down.

So alcohol made me entirely too excited about getting not a whole heck of a lot actually done.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, sorry I didn't mention no one actually pays for my groceries, you guys might have thought I meant I was asking strangers to really pay for me. I didn't explain properly :)

I didn't assume you were being serious, thought it was some stupid joke you made to a stranger.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't assume you were being serious, thought it was some stupid joke you made to a stranger.

Oh good, glad you got what I was saying. That's exactly it, but it wasn't stupid. People always laugh and its good to make people laugh. I do lots of other  funny things like that but obviously I am careful who I do it with as I have told by friends it can be embarrassing even though its not. So I am mindful of the company I am with when I joke like that

John Milton 

Well, you got lucky and got one that wouldn't tell you off.  I'd not bother talking like that to any strangers here.

Well, you got lucky and got one that wouldn't tell you off.  I'd not bother talking like that to any strangers here.

How do you think your typical Canadian would react to that, I have tried several similar jokes to that to Americans and most of them don't get it

John Milton 

Probably at best you get a confused or scared reaction - some random stranger asking that is either a) creep b) mental case.  At worst you'd get swore at for your impudence.  Actually here, you'd get a dirty scowl and then they'd bad mouth you to their friends afterward. 

• Like 1

Probably at best you get a confused or scared reaction - some random stranger asking that is either a) creep b) mental case.  At worst you'd get swore at for your impudence.  Actually here, you'd get a dirty scowl and then they'd bad mouth you to their friends afterward. 

:lol: okay that doesn't sound pleasant

John Milton 

I was, informally, offered a permanent job in North Dakota today. For what was hinted to be really good money. Obviously that creates some serious internal strife because it would mean some pretty big lifestyle changes. And not just for me. I asked them to give me to the end of the week to think about it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As somebody who recently underwent a majorish geographical relocation and ensuing lifestyle change... All I can say us that the money better be really REALLY good, because its probably going to suck. I work forcthe nicest people imaginable (well, for lawyers anyway) and I just can't keep my head together.

Meanwhile, in Helsinki, dropped off a job application and had lunch with the smartest and most beautiful woman I know (a co-worker from the old place)... Good times!

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was, informally, offered a permanent job in North Dakota today. For what was hinted to be really good money. Obviously that creates some serious internal strife because it would mean some pretty big lifestyle changes. And not just for me. I asked them to give me to the end of the week to think about it. 

North Dakota !!! What is out there, won't you be bored? Isn't that cowboy territory ?

John Milton 

Applied to a couple of universities, now the wait begins. The funny thing is that I might have changed my mind by the time I get an answer. I'm not confident that my grades are good enough to get approved, but I'm not even 100% sure I'm going through with this even if I am. This is more of a backup plan.

... And for some bizarre reason the cat decided to crap in the upstairs toilet.   Okay, the carpet of the upstairs toilet. Which someone apparently stepped on. So there's been the taking it up, and replacing it with new carpet....

Maybe it was in preparation for his visit to the vets tonight.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I scraped snow and ice off my windshield this morning on April 16th.  I really hate this god forsaken hellhole called Connecticut.  I've lived here long enough that getting snow in mid-April isn't a shock, it happens roughly 1/3 of the years, but it's really depressing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I scraped snow and ice off my windshield this morning on April 16th.  I really hate this god forsaken hellhole called Connecticut.  I've lived here long enough that getting snow in mid-April isn't a shock, it happens roughly 1/3 of the years, but it's really depressing.

Keyrock always try to see the glass as half full when you can't control a situation like miserable weather. So imagine you Larping in an environment similar to Skyrim which has got loads of snow. So you have the snow but you don't need to wear a costume...now doesn't that make you feel better :wowey:

John Milton