What you did today

LadyCrimson

Wonder what it is about kids and screaming. Neighborhood has some young girls that play in the street and it's nothing but shrieking from them. Sets my dachshunds off barking when they do, so neighbours must love those moments :lol:

Should be productive today, a lot of stuff to clean.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder what it is about kids and screaming.

Sinister quote of the day.

• Like 7

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:lol: Taken out of context that quote would have the FBI trolling this board in a second.

Who am I kidding, they already are here watching Val, WoD & me!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol: Taken out of context that quote would have the FBI trolling this board in a second.

ATF and Secret Service, not Feebs. ;p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They say absence absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Corrected.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Was planning to do school work today, but then I got a massive migrane so I've been trying to fight that off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:lol: Taken out of context that quote would have the FBI trolling this board in a second.

Pft. They can get far worse stuff than that....

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I went to a kind of rennesaince fair/fantasy cosplay type event yesterday and I witnessed a very heated discussion about wyverns and dragons and their number of limbs.

Is this the kind of thing geeks argue about these days? Because I'll hand in my geek card then. A dragon and a wyvern are whatever the hell you want them to be because they don't exist. Show me a scientific, peer reviewed paper that without a doubt proves that Smaug is a wyvern and then we'll talk.

I went to a kind of rennesaince fair/fantasy cosplay type event yesterday and I witnessed a very heated discussion about wyverns and dragons and their number of limbs.

Is this the kind of thing geeks argue about these days? 

If this is anything to go by, yes. Mind you, dragons have always sparked unduly long essays from geeks.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Watched Liverpool beat Norwich. I'm not sure I will make it through the season without a heart attack.

The exciting battle for fourth rages on, wanted United to win but at the same time watching their decline this year has been most satisfying.

• Like 1

Played Magic The Gathering with friends and utterly destroyed them with my black-blue card removal and counterspell deck. I didn't win by getting their life points down to zero, nope, that would have been too boring and thats not how my deck works, I used combos and extremely nasty hard-to-remove creatures to slowly put their entire deck into their graveyards. They simply ran out of cards in a couple of turns and died while still having tons of health. 

I fed on their frustration and desperation like a tick on blood, I enjoyed it a lot. Though I think they'll never play MTG with me again. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Can't sleep, bad case of hiccups. Maybe if I hold my breath until I pass out...

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Lady GD is working tonight. I can't sleep so I think I'll go sit on the porch, drink a highball or two of Knob Creek and just listen to the night sounds and count the stars.

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Played Magic The Gathering with friends and utterly destroyed them with my black-blue card removal and counterspell deck. I didn't win by getting their life points down to zero, nope, that would have been too boring and thats not how my deck works, I used combos and extremely nasty hard-to-remove creatures to slowly put their entire deck into their graveyards. They simply ran out of cards in a couple of turns and died while still having tons of health. 

I fed on their frustration and desperation like a tick on blood, I enjoyed it a lot. Though I think they'll never play MTG with me again. 

Black and Blue is awesome, I have a pretty wicked Faerie deck myself Notorious Throng and Oona's various Fays are rather fun, like the Blackguard.. Managed to get 3 turns in a row and took out 4 players at once with 2 of those. Yum yum

And right not I've made myself a pretty good human sacrifice to Zombies deck. People tend to get nervous when your start killing your own to fuel magic. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Overheard my mother speaking to a friend of the family and was listening to her being dragged into selling stuff for Amway being placed in the same "team" as my cousin and her boyfriend. After they had finished I told my mother what I knew about Amway and their business model wich pretty much ended in a shrug from her, not being bothered.

I'm very bothered by it. I don't like the thought of her getting tied up in such filth.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Overheard my mother speaking to a friend of the family and was listening to her being dragged into selling stuff for Amway being placed in the same "team" as my cousin and her boyfriend. After they had finished I told my mother what I knew about Amway and their business model wich pretty much ended in a shrug from her, not being bothered.

I'm very bothered by it. I don't like the thought of her getting tied up in such filth.

I know about Amway, we also have them in South Africa. What is your primary issue with there business model?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I know about Amway, we also have them in South Africa. What is your primary issue with there business model?

:lol:  Let's start with the fact that it's a pyramid scheme when you get right down to it!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

I thought Amway was like Avon, Mary Kay or Tupperware - it was a direct selling company.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I thought Amway was like Avon, Mary Kay or Tupperware - it was a direct selling company.

Well that is what is confusing  me as well, you sell direct and it does have real products

But from I understand you can also setup people to sell under you, so it is also a pyramid scheme?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They aren't truly pyramid schemes, because you can actually turn a profit simply by selling the products.  They are called multi-level marketing companies.  My wife sells Mary Kay.  She made a bit of money the first year because she was actively throwing parties, but the last couple of years she has taken a small loss.  However that loss is pretty much covered by the amount of product she uses, so I figure we break even.  

• Like 1

Based on the packaging, I expect it is a micro-SIM card.