What you did today

LadyCrimson

Classes, then going to try and sleep off my illness.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Aside from games, I wrote.

I spent the vast majority of the day writing yesterday. I got up earlier with the intention, decided to write from morning until 3. Played a game for about an hour and got bored, went right back to writing.

At about 9 or 10, I wrote a scene that I have to say is my best work yet. And shows remarkable improvement in all areas. I've been struggling with setting up scenes, but I think I did it wonderfully there. I was able address the transition from the previous scene with dialogue and bring the reader up. I was able to express the characters and hint at some elements of backstory. And it all happened in about a page, so I wasn't rambling on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hm, a little concerned over a friend. Her 15 year old daughter got approached in the mall by a modelling agency. Apparently, it is one of the more legit agencies in the US and they were doing a mall recruitment process - target rich environment of pretty girls I gather. She got a call back, and they wanted to sign her. And apparently her mother's ex who had taken her to the call back appointment lost the ability to say "no" and signed the contract for her.

Of course, because she has no experience in the business, they want her to take classes (at least 10 weeks of) before they'll get her work. They're paying "half" of the costs, but expect her to come up with the other half.

Something about that just flares up some of my paranoia. Her mother's a bit concerned, but it is a legit and recognised modelling agency, but she's also pissed off at the ex for not saying they should take a day or two to think it over first.

Anyone know if that's a standard practice of modelling agencies? What are the big danger signs to look out for, or the positive signs? I don't want to push the paranoia since the kid is practically walking on air at the moment... But I do want to help make sure I can give some helpful advice to them.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0071-look-out-modeling-scams - if it'll help.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Raithe, I'd say if the kid really wants to be a model, then the classes are not going to hurt, but she should understand that it is simply going to prepare her to pursue opportunities.  These academies or whatever they call them are churning out a lot of kids, but it is up to the individual to do the legwork and go after jobs, and there is going to be a fair amount of rejection during the audition process.

I wouldn't drop down a ton of money either.   

• Like 1

The clinic I go to is awesome.  They are super quick with walk-ins, they charge a reasonable rate, and the service is great.  They also seem to have a thing for hiring hot Russian doctors.  I've been helped by this older Russian female doctor before, but this time she had a student doctor shadowing her that was also gorgeous.  It was hilariously distracting.  They also had me fill out a survey and then gave my $5.  So I walked out with cash and a few prescriptions for an inhaler and codiene cough syrup.  Yay for me.

What the ... that place sounds like a spam email come to life.  :p What kind of gentleman's clinic is that ...

I'm not sick at all, thank god, and I've been walking around you carrier hosts all year. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Today I started my '' if man made it don't eat it'' diet. Its pretty much self-explaining what its all about, I have had enough of artificial flavors, refined sugar, TONS of simple carbs, preservatives, stabilizers and other dodgy ingredients and chemicals the human body wasn't designed to digest.  I'm so done with that stuff. No more potato chips, candy, cookies and all that worthless harmful unnatural crap. I wanted to stop eating that stuff for years, now the day has come. 

If this means that I have to cook more so be it, I like challenges. Its not going to be fun or easy, but I'm certain that they payoff is going to be worth the hard work. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Today I started my '' if man made it don't eat it'' diet. Its pretty much self-explaining what its all about, I have had enough of artificial flavors, refined sugar, TONS of simple carbs, preservatives, stabilizers and other dodgy ingredients and chemicals the human body wasn't designed to digest.  I'm so done with that stuff. No more potato chips, candy, cookies and all that worthless harmful unnatural crap. I wanted to stop eating that stuff for years, now the day has come. 

If this means that I have to cook more so be it, I like challenges. Its not going to be fun or easy, but I'm certain that they payoff is going to be worth the hard work. 

Interesting diet choice, this is like the Caveman diet? Basically you only eat things that Cavemen would have eaten, so nothing processed or artificial  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hm, a little concerned over a friend. Her 15 year old daughter got approached in the mall by a modelling agency. Apparently, it is one of the more legit agencies in the US and they were doing a mall recruitment process - target rich environment of pretty girls I gather. She got a call back, and they wanted to sign her. And apparently her mother's ex who had taken her to the call back appointment lost the ability to say "no" and signed the contract for her.

Of course, because she has no experience in the business, they want her to take classes (at least 10 weeks of) before they'll get her work. They're paying "half" of the costs, but expect her to come up with the other half.

Something about that just flares up some of my paranoia. Her mother's a bit concerned, but it is a legit and recognised modelling agency, but she's also pissed off at the ex for not saying they should take a day or two to think it over first.

Anyone know if that's a standard practice of modelling agencies? What are the big danger signs to look out for, or the positive signs? I don't want to push the paranoia since the kid is practically walking on air at the moment... But I do want to help make sure I can give some helpful advice to them.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0071-look-out-modeling-scams - if it'll help.

Cool webpage. Very nice rundown on the scam elements.

If I ever fancy running a scam I'm going there first to get the basics.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Another day home from work and not only does my throat hurt, I can add fever to the list. Was shaking all night.

Still decided to do work related stuff. Reading a book titled (brace yourselves) Lost at School - Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges Are Falling Through the Cracks and How We can Help them. It's a really interesting book with a very sound perspective on how to help children solve their problems.

• Like 1

Feeling pretty bummed, yesterday morning I took my mum to the hospital for an angiogram, I was hoping they'd be able to put some stents in but it turns out the blockages are too bad, she's been told another bypass might be too risky so right now we're in the dark until she gets a CT scan 

A friend's mother died a few weeks ago so that will be colouring my emotions but I can't shake the sense of dread, my horoscope says I'll find a reason to be less cynical today...can't help but feel cynical about that too  :lol:

Feeling pretty bummed, yesterday morning I took my mum to the hospital for an angiogram, I was hoping they'd be able to put some stents in but it turns out the blockages are too bad, she's been told another bypass might be too risky so right now we're in the dark until she gets a CT scan 

A friend's mother died a few weeks ago so that will be colouring my emotions but I can't shake the sense of dread, my horoscope says I'll find a reason to be less cynical today...can't help but feel cynical about that too  :lol:

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was going to share something useful wfrom my own mum's illness. Then I recalled that I'd deliberately forgotten it all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When mothers are concerned, feeling like crap and being afraid when they are not well is expected. My mother had heart surgery ten years ago. Procedure took six or seven hours. My nerves were totally wrecked for the entire week before the operation and it stayed that way until one week after it was successful.

Interesting diet choice, this is like the Caveman diet? Basically you only eat things that Cavemen would have eaten, so nothing processed or artificial

Not quite, for example I will continue to eat noodles, bread (the good stuff) and potatoes. Edited by Woldan

Well, he is a bit of a Neanderthal, isn't he? ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Man, I think I'm going to lose my job, I need to make calls but I couldn't understand half of what people are saying if my life depended on it, and its getting worse. I have extremely good ears, my ear-doc confirmed that, but on phones it sounds like people are eating food rather than talking to me. I can only understand people and friends I call very frequently. High pitch or low pitch voice, male or female, language, it does not matter, I just can't hear the words. 

This is so frustrating and I don't know what to do. :banghead:  ;(

Edited by Woldan

Coworker's attempt to shame management into getting a coffee maker has resulted in a meeting to discuss morale with another coworker who mentioned it.  Company dithering on the purchase of one, I assume the answer is no but they'll never tell us.  So eagerly waiting to see what comedy that produces :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Coworker's attempt to shame management into getting a coffee maker has resulted in a meeting to discuss morale with another coworker who mentioned it.  Company dithering on the purchase of one, I assume the answer is no but they'll never tell us.  So eagerly waiting to see what comedy that produces :lol:

Have I ever told you that your company sounds like a terrible place to work at ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I don't know, I try to not remember anything you post.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hahahaha, oh you guys, it's like there's a laugh track on your posts together. :)

Yeah some comments also really make me laugh :biggrin:

John Milton 

Malc that's probably the sixteenth or seventeenth most offensive thing you have said to me. Its a pity you don't remember what I tell you. Remember I'm only trying to make you a more fulfilled and balanced person :teehee:

John Milton 

If only I would heed the advice of random Internet people.  There are worse places to work, this place is just cheap but I still get paid while I look and skill up elsewhere.