Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

The colorisation... it's horrible.

I sure hope it's just screen caps on a f***ed up monitor setting rather than ingame screens.

Aaaaanyway, as for "buy 1 year later" pretty much all games have that.

All DLC (no more additional nickle-and-diming), patches, cheaper...

Yup, sign me up.

I suppose it's one of the only good things DLC did, I no longer feel any remorse what-so-ever waiting a long time to get it cheap and complete. Thank you publishers.

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Eh, I liked Fenris, Avelline, Merrill and or course Varric (probably my favorite Party NPC in any DA game I've played).  The siblings I liked for their roles in the story and how they develop as much as they do.

Isabella...I understand why people like her, having finally spent the time to find out her story but ultimately I can't say I ever warmed up to her character and (IMO of course) Anders is a ****.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Varric was Mary Kirby. Gaider wrote Fenris in DA II.

I'll be. So Gaider didn't write anyone to be funny in DA2? Just one more thing to dislike about it.

Semi-serious, Kirby did good in making a character with wit.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Eh, I liked Fenris, Avelline, Merrill and or course Varric (probably my favorite Party NPC in any DA game I've played).  

drop fenris and we is in sync. fenris were... cartoony. a super-powered slave who were tortured by former master so that now he is all morose and grumbly-- just needs a hug from a good woman to... *shudder.* am also thinking we liked merrill for what she coulda' been more than what she was.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They posted more about Vivienne yesterday. I like that she doesn't agree with the mages who are rebelling against the Circle. 

Vivienne_004.jpg

I think that deep down, way behind that veil of treachery, ambition and callousness, lies a girl that wishes nothing more than to marry a lumberjack, move to a little cottage in the mountains and have lots and lots of babies.

Don't dissapoint me, Bioware!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Aren't those just screen captures from the trailer?

Is it? I have no idea. I think I was half awake when I posted those.

Sorry.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Wow, I really like this new Vivienne look. She is beautiful :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They posted more about Vivienne yesterday. I like that she doesn't agree with the mages who are rebelling against the Circle. 

Vivienne_004.jpg

I think that deep down, way behind that veil of treachery, ambition and callousness, lies a girl that wishes nothing more than to marry a lumberjack, move to a little cottage in the mountains and have lots and lots of babies.

Don't dissapoint me, Bioware!

Most women have the secret desire to be ravished by a chaotic neutral barbarian.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Most women [redactional note: in BioWare games] have the secret desire to be ravished by a chaotic neutral barbarian any character you may design.

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Aren't all Thedas nations pseudo slave?

Well if they practice feudalism, sure, in a way. 

But I'm talking about her status as a mage. 

"Yes mister templar sir, no sir, I didn't look at you in the eyes sir." 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Eh, I liked Fenris, Avelline, Merrill and or course Varric (probably my favorite Party NPC in any DA game I've played).  

drop fenris and we is in sync. fenris were... cartoony. a super-powered slave who were tortured by former master so that now he is all morose and grumbly-- just needs a hug from a good woman to... *shudder.* am also thinking we liked merrill for what she coulda' been more than what she was.  

HA! Good Fun!

I can understand your reservation against Fenris.  Never followed a romance with him.  And I can't disagree that Merrill couldn't have been better handled/developed into an even more interesting character.

I'll admit I liked the delivery both Voice Actors brought to the role which may help me gloss over deficiencies in the character.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Aren't all Thedas nations pseudo slave?

Other than the first hour of Origins, the player never experiences this.

If players could spend an entire game attempting to scrape by as a casteless dwarf, an Orlesan peasent, or a Tevinter slave, they'd probably think the mages have it good. That wouldn't be a very fun game though, so instead we end up joining a powerful organization (the Grey Wardens, the Inqusition) or being rich and of noble birth (Hawke and some of the origins).

Well if they practice feudalism, sure, in a way.

But I'm talking about her status as a mage.

"Yes mister templar sir, no sir, I didn't look at you in the eyes sir."

She's a court mage in Orlais. Her current life is one of relative power and privilege.

If you wanted to draw parallels between the historical treatment of blacks and Vivianne's status as a mage, you might look at Condoleezza Rice, a black politician who worked as part of Bush administration, she was often criticized for enabling a system some believed was hostile to blacks and other racial minorities.

Of course, it's questionable whether someone could become the first black female secretary of state and the first female national security adviser if they went against the party line. Not to mention that a lot of the criticism was politically motivated as the progressive, racial tolerant Democrats didn't have high profile black or black female members.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

And another Viv update. This is apparently her week.

To bring a Dragon Age: Inquisition character to life requires hard work and iteration from a team of experts. After several initial stages of visualization, the character is refined through a collaborative process until the details are just right.

With our continued spotlight on Vivienne this month, we checked in with the team behind her creation.

Vivienne_Blog01.jpg

“Vivienne was a truly great character to build,” says senior artist Rion Swanson. “I was hooked from the very beginning when I saw the first concept.”

Swanson credits the work of BioWare’s concept artists as a key component to locking down Vivienne’s final design. In particular, he recalls a lot of back-and-forth to ensure that her character met the high-quality standards of the studio.

“In the end, I think we achieved quite a dramatic look for this strong new character,” Swanson says. “The combination of sleek and powerful shapes with the ornate gold and fine fabrics gives Vivienne a pretty unique appearance.”

With Vivienne’s work complete, what does Swanson think about setting her loose on the world of Thedas?

“Watching her move through the world with flowing fabric and using her awesome mage abilities is a real nice counterbalance to some of the other heavily armored characters in your party. Enjoy!”

One has to wonder why the young lady is holding an overly ornate Rabbit?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

HA! Good Fun!

I can understand your reservation against Fenris.  Never followed a romance with him.  And I can't disagree that Merrill couldn't have been better handled/developed into an even more interesting character.

I'll admit I liked the delivery both Voice Actors brought to the role which may help me gloss over deficiencies in the character.

Gideon Emery is a great voice actor, although I couldn't stop thinking of Balthier from Final Fantasy XII every time he had something to say.

• Like 1