Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

Shamelessly copied from MC's intro post of past threads (give me a yell if it needs updating):

dragon-age-inquisitiongeneraljpg-30bee4_

Official Website

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.

- trailer.

From IGN:

As the Chantry’s oppression of the mages comes to a head in the opening of Inquisition, a Fade tear splits the sky, leading dragons and other monsters into the fray, “and that kicks off the events." Following that, nations plunge into war, and “the decision is made to bring back an inquisition to find out what’s going on and stop this,” Flynn explains.

Release Date: Fall 2014
Supported: PS3, PS 4, XBox 360, XBox One, PC
Engine: DICE's Frostbyte

-----------------------------

Why Dragon Age: Inquisition isn't Called DA 3 - article

- video interview

First Look: DA:I Concept Art - blog

DAI Wallpapers

A Look Inside Dragon Age: Inquisition's Development

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just to hit the ground running...

Hey Alan, all the video we've seen so far has been all up close actiony, with console players saying it looks like a cross of DA2 and DA:O, whereas I've only played PC and it looks nothing like that. Is the up close consoley view the default for both PC and Console, or is the PC version going to be similar to DA:O and DA2? If you know and/or are allowed to say.

In the PAX videos we show off the tactical camera mode at one point. That'll be refined but it likely won't deviate toooooooooooo much from what you saw there, in terms of camera angles.

We'd like to have the entire game be playable in that mode, but there are some challenges with that so I don't want to over commit anything for someone's expectations.

Exhalted March is a shame, though. I'm pretty sure it boiled down to "make DA3 or don't make a new game at all at this point".

No. It was more "we want to move away from old technology and consolidate everyone onto the same tech (early DA3 prototypes were already using Frostbite) and we really like what we've seen with DA3 at this point and are more keen on following up with that than DA2." Keeping us working on DA2XP would just delay us ramping up on Frostbite.

Part of the influence of this thought process is likely how meh Awakening's sales were compared to the investment and install base. Couple that with less overall sales of DA2 and it's not hard to see that the XP held higher risks than we would necessarily want.

That does make a valid point.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hahah, well evidently he is looking forward to it XD

I already know that DA:I is going to be an excellent game because there is going to be a character like Vivienne in it :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Even if she is not romanceable and is perfectly okay crushing your heart and will!?

I think that is Bruce's idea of a perfect romance?

:lol: that made me laugh, good one

If Vivienne is not a Romance option I'll be more disappointed than I was with when the decision was made by Obsidian to not have Romance in PoE but I'm confidant that DA:I will still be a very entertaining RPG and one I'll still support :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Vivienne will probably be the bisexual option, Cassandra and Varric the heterosexual options.

But BioWare are probably still hiding some emo Elf and Carth-clone up their sleeve.

Good point. I see what you are saying. If that's true its also fine

John Milton 

I'll happily nuke annoying woman I don't like anyway to keep Carth around ;).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Would it be Dragon Age without an emo elf? Could it possibly be BioWare without a Carth-clone? My only concern is that we're not able to get Raphael Sbarge! :sweat:

I'm not sure I can imagine a scenario where Raphael Sbarge would be unavailable... ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It would be nice to see him get a character that is popular for once.

As long as he's not falling into the haunted nice guy. Maybe he can be a chain smoking womanizer. Or an ambiguously evil eunuch. With a moustache!
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It would be nice to see him get a character that is popular for once.

As long as he's not falling into the haunted nice guy. Maybe he can be a chain smoking womanizer. Or an ambiguously evil eunuch. With a moustache!

Sbarge's been hired for PoE.

Pillars-of-Eternity-Details-Rogues-Range

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm looking forward to the game. I like most of what I've seen so far. 

- Large, but discrete explorable areas. It reminds me of the IE games where each area was unique with some kind of interesting encounter. I hope Bioware expands on this concept.

- Better Camera

- I like the weapon animations so far. The two handed swords actually have heft and speed now. I like the sense of momentum. 

- Branching paths within the gameplay that have consequences, but also allows the player to achieve optimal results if they play well enough. 

• Like 1

For people who've stated they don't like/want DA:I, there sure is a lot of chatter about it going on here.

I don't know how I feel about DA:I. I have resigned myself to some combination of "hopeful" and "rent it first." But the idea that I shouldn't even hold that level of interest makes more rational sense to me.

I wanted to type here that I've stopped patronizing other developers for less. But in actually giving it thought, I don't know that I have. Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Mass effect, and even Dead Space, Dragon Age has not quite sunk to their lows of rehash or not giving a crap. So perhaps I should be more comfortable with my cautious optimism, even if I have written off the other half of the studio making it. Seriously, if you see me in a ME4 thread, it'll only be to make brainless jokes.

I guess what I'm trying to illustrate here is that people's opinions and hopes for the game may be complicated.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."