Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

I wish Jaesun was still here. His views on any given subject belied the usual stereotypes about Gay people and gaming.

Please come back Jaesun :cat:

We should make an offering. Would sixty dollars and a bottle of rum suffice?

What did Jaesun use to say that was so interesting Monte?

Just look at his old posts. Although, be warned, he is a Very Important Codexian.

sonsofgygax.JPG

He's cheaper than that.

5 bucks and a bag of Doritos?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As Bioware is most likely to have a panel of people that mirrors their ideals, I am afraid that i have bad news for you: As a white, heterosexual male with no sense social warrior justice, you are definately not their target group.

I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)

I'm actually curious as to what it is about Bioware games that so strongly attracts the LGBT community such that it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary audience. Sure their promo material is all White Male Shaved Head 5 O'Clock Shadow SPESS MUHREEN protagonist, but we all know 90%+ of their fanbase is not white male tree-trunk necked bulging-vein steroid abusers/lovers of that particular character archetype. Was it the Squidgirls from Mass Effect? I still feel like Japan pulled that off better.

How about gays exist?

They do, but real beings do not switch their sexual preferences just to please the " All Omnipotent Player". I can't empathize with something that's obviously there for my convenience and I can't think of them as real. In the end is an issue of writing, I can believe that some companions due to their background would be more likely to be sexually liberated. Although considering that a good percent of companion stories are going to revolve around the fact that you're romancing them I can see why they would make everyone Bi.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

For people who've stated they don't like/want DA:I, there sure is a lot of chatter about it going on here.

We all love Dragon Age: Inquisition. It's just we show our love differently.

...except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.

BioWare has made is clear that that the majority of people in Thedas don't care if you're male or female, and don't care if you sleep with men or women. Thedas is not Europe in the middle ages. It never was. Get over it.

Edited by Maria Caliban
  • Like 6

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

As Bioware is most likely to have a panel of people that mirrors their ideals, I am afraid that i have bad news for you: As a white, heterosexual male with no sense social warrior justice, you are definately not their target group.

I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)I'm actually curious as to what it is about Bioware games that so strongly attracts the LGBT community such that it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary audience. Sure their promo material is all White Male Shaved Head 5 O'Clock Shadow SPESS MUHREEN protagonist, but we all know 90%+ of their fanbase is not white male tree-trunk necked bulging-vein steroid abusers/lovers of that particular character archetype. Was it the Squidgirls from Mass Effect? I still feel like Japan pulled that off better.

Another trial lawyer talent is noticing when other people use ridiculous hyperbole and then calling them out on it, acting all indignant.

LUDICROUS HYPERBOLE! :p

The true nature of Bioware is pure hyperbole, therefore, the prosecuters objection is dismissed. I demand no order whatsoever in this courtroom, mister!

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.

BioWare has made is clear that that the majority of people in Thedas don't care if you're male or female, and don't care if you sleep with men or women. Thedas is not Europe in the middle ages. It never was. Get over it.

Sadly, they didn't push it enough in Thedas. It should be reflected in the culture everywhere in your travels. Like, where are the Kings that married men and crowned them as their Queens? Where are the polygamous royal houses? Where are the half-elf, half-dwarf nobles? Where are the songs that sing about them, where is the art that painted them?

My immersion depend on it! :(

• Like 5

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)"

DA/Thedas  is not the real world medival history. Don't confuse the two.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Imagine how much simpler game development would be if they just too the sex/romance part out and focused on actually making the game with a good plot, logical conclusion options, a back story that makes sense, and a minimum of bugs. Since all development resources are finite expending them on making sex/romance subplots is a waste since no one will be happy with the choices anyway.

It was a nice idea in theory.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Imagine how much simpler game development would be if they just too the sex/romance part out and focused on actually making the game with a good plot, logical conclusion options, a back story that makes sense, and a minimum of bugs. Since all development resources are finite expending them on making sex/romance subplots is a waste since no one will be happy with the choices anyway.

I was just happy with my choices. But we all know I love slutty brunettes.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That wear leather, dark makeup and listen to industrial while snapping their whips.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

That wear leather, dark makeup and listen to industrial while snapping their whips.

And read the Economist. :p

That sounds pretty knowledgeable Oro, you want to tell us something?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Sorry, I wasn't. I actually have a can opener in my hand right now and a can of worms labeled "Misogynistic implications that any woman with sexual experience or even a hint of ever having misled a male with seductive behavior is a ****." I'm pretty hungry, actually, and I stopped caring about worms after learning basic biology. They're basically muscles with digestive tracts in place of bones.

I ate a lot of worms in survival school. They're not actually that easy to find, contrary to popular belief. I hate slugs because you can't eat them. Well, not entirely, the way they respond to salt is somewhat entertaining. Mollusks are fascinating when they're exposed to such a basic molecule as sodium chloride.

Discussion of slugs and the fact that they'll make you sick if you eat them is 100% relevant to Dragon Age, this is indisputable. That's the honor and reputation of Dragon Age. White tie only.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Haha, Isabela = any woman with sexual experience. Thanks, I needed that.

Edited by Nepenthe

So, I finally visited their site and watched their video and looked at their pictures. It's pretty enough but the story sounds a lot like Oblivion, the world has been breached and demons are coming through. Yes, I'm certain that has been done before, to varying degrees of success. I saw nothing that will make me lift my self-imposed moratorium against buying games that suck. I think I'll hold on to my 60 bucks and wait and see what you guys think of it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^Bruce will love it, Monte will hate it, and everytime alanshu posts it has another bug.

Are Arcane Warriors and 2-weapon or Bow using Warriors back?

• Like 1

I'm sorry. Everytime alanshu posts, DAI gets 2.438 bugs.

So, I finally visited their site and watched their video and looked at their pictures. It's pretty enough but the story sounds a lot like Oblivion, the world has been breached and demons are coming through. Yes, I'm certain that has been done before, to varying degrees of success. I saw nothing that will make me lift my self-imposed moratorium against buying games that suck. I think I'll hold on to my 60 bucks and wait and see what you guys think of it. 

Well I plan on getting it, but then I liked DA2 so you might not want to use my opinion to base your purchase on!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well I plan on getting it, but then I liked DA2 so you might not want to use my opinion to base your purchase on!

Totally unrelated question, but what's the story behind your new avatar?

village_idiot.gif

Totally unrelated question, but what's the story behind your new avatar?

I saw a western with Susan Kohner (The Last Wagon with Nick Adams and Richard Widmark) in it a few weeks back; Kohner was a minor film star (best known now as one of the leads in IMITATION OF LIFE) and brought back to the attention of modern film goers by being the mom of Chris and Paul Weitz (co-director of American Pie).

However Kohner's mom was also a movie star - Luptia Tovar.  Possibly best known now as the female lead in Universal's Spanish-language version of Dracula filmed with at the same time with the same script and set of the Lugosi film, she starred in a number of films from 1929-1945.  The picture of Tovar is a publicity photo from the 1930s, I believe.

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Wow that trailer looked amazing, I'm so excited about this game :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looks pretty.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra