Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

I stopped trying to translate Gromnir's posts a looong time ago.

oh, we suspect that he/she understood us. is easier to claim we in unintelligible than it is to refute. 

we will say that he/she woulda' been better off avoiding use "o "sunshine." is clear we struck a nerve. is better off not to admit such when trying to claim that Gromnir postings is indecipherable. one o' the more inept attempts to marginalize our posts that we has seen, but not unique.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So you were the one that got promoted.

I'm going to post a lot of Eva Green in retaliation.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Thank you lord Jesus! My prayers have been answered.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

" The fact that they are optional doesn't make them immune to criticism. "

Who claimed they couldn't be criticzed? hell, I criticize romances all the time.

\\

Also, ignore the trollbaiters. I'm no troll. But, around here, if someone has an unpopular opinion theya re labeled troll. That's true internet everywhere. It's a good thing I'm not interested in being popular or a 'kewl' kid.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thank you lord Jesus! My prayers have been answered.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64780-kaineparkers-hopefully-attractive-women-thread-episode-iv-a-new-grope/page-21?do=findComment&comment=1428742

Placed in more appropriate thread.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Who claimed they couldn't be criticzed? hell, I criticize romances all the time.

\\

Also, ignore the trollbaiters. I'm no troll. But, around here, if someone has an unpopular opinion theya re labeled troll. That's true internet everywhere. It's a good thing I'm not interested in being popular or a 'kewl' kid.

I agree with you on this, you aren't a Troll. But you aren't interested in engaging in debate and you never respond in a reasonable time to comments which is frustrating

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

oh, we suspect that he/she understood us. is easier to claim we in unintelligible than it is to refute. 

we will say that he/she woulda' been better off avoiding use "o "sunshine." is clear we struck a nerve. is better off not to admit such when trying to claim that Gromnir postings is indecipherable. one o' the more inept attempts to marginalize our posts that we has seen, but not unique.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir I can understand your posts but it takes time to focus on the structure of what you are saying, but for someone where UK English isn't there first language I can imagine it will be difficult. So don't think people are being facetious when they say " they don't understand your posts" ...there may be truth to that

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He's the secret super-difficult secret romance, one wrong dialogue choice and it's over, you're locked out forever.

"secret super-difficult secret romance:... :lol:

John Milton 

I'm obviously new to the Obsidian forums so I can't say I'm familiar with the people too much except for the few people I recognize from the BSN. :)

I'm obviously new to the Obsidian forums so I can't say I'm familiar with the people too much except for the few people I recognize from the BSN. :)

Well welcome to the forums, I am enjoying your posts and input :)

Oh and welcome to the forums as well Silvermoondragon :)

Thanks for the welcome!  :)  I've actually been here for a couple years, posted a little teeny bit at the beginning and then went dark here until just recently...but anyway, thanks again!  :p

If you guys are  interested in understanding the perspectives of many members aroound Romance in PoE i would suggest you read this thread. Its long and people joke around a bit but it does reveal different views around Romance and also why they won't be in PoE ( also it may seem the majority of people don't want Romance but thats not true, its just that the ant-romance crowd are very loud :biggrin: )

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65125-the-case-for-romance/

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir I can understand your posts but it takes time to focus on the structure of what you are saying, but for someone where UK English isn't there first language I can imagine it will be difficult. So don't think people are being facetious when they say " they don't understand your posts" ...there may be truth to that

I think I should probably comment on this -- Allow me to clarify that I'm perfectly adept at the English language, probably better at it than my own at this point. The way he put he sentences together though and the grammatical structure made no sense to me. It's like someone trying to speak in old Shakespeare English to make themself seem more intellectual in some matter. So I responded with the usage of 'sunshine' which was meant as a snippy remark. :p

\\

No one is saying that - Although the response you provided to my statements came off as you trying to bait me. You weren't trying to actually engage in a discussion or offer a counter argument. You were simply stating something totally irrelevant to what I said. Romances are optional? So what? What does that have to do with me not liking them? Hope that clears things up a notch.

HA! Good Fun!

I think I should probably comment on this -- Allow me to clarify that I'm perfectly adept at the English language, probably better at it than my own at this point. The way he put he sentences together though and the grammatical structure made no sense to me. It's like someone trying to speak in old Shakespeare English to make themself seem more intellectual in some matter. So I responded with the usage of 'sunshine' which was meant as a snippy remark. :p

Yes your English is excellent, but you aren't the first person to mention difficulty in understanding Gromnir. So my comment wasn't necessarily around your view :)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

\\

No one is saying that - Although the response you provided to my statements came off as you trying to bait me. You weren't trying to actually engage in a discussion or offer a counter argument. You were simply stating something totally irrelevant to what I said. Romances are optional? So what? What does that have to do with me not liking them? Hope that clears things up a notch.

This is exactly what Volo does, I'm not even sure he realizes it. Thats what I mean when I said " he doesn't respect debating etiquette" (intentionally or unintentionally )

John Milton 

If one doesn't romance Garrus in ME2 then it doesn't feel like he's learned anything or achieved anything.

I'm not sure I'd agree, especially given you picked Garrus and I don't recall feeling the same way (and extending into ME3, he's probably one of my favourite "friend characters" in a lot of gaming).

I found one of the (few) major improvements in ME3 over ME2 was that character development for several characters didn't become a matter of "calibrations" if you weren't in a romance for them. I remember actually writing to Casey Hudson about it and getting a reply that it was definitely something they were going to improve, back in the days when I still cared. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HA! Good Fun!

oh come now. truth to tell, our grammar as Gromnir is better than 90% of posters on this board-- our adversarial relations with pronouns notwithstanding. speaking as one who has learned a couple different languages, we suspect that our idiosyncratic speaking is more grating on a native ear. 

that being said, we s'pose it is possible that our posting were too... complex. we will concede that the danish in question simply could not grasp the concepts contained in our response. in the future, we will try to post slow and low for the children, foreigners and/or poorly educated members o' the community. happy? 

to stay on-topic we will add once more that the romances do more harm than good to the character development of the bioware companions. for companions to achieve Revelation 'cause of discourse + intercourse with the player following a half-dozen romance dialogue encounters and a tasteless pg-13 rated cut-scene is, at the very least, vulgar. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps   that a danish is a pastry and not a person is known to us.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! Good Fun!

oh come now. truth to tell, our grammar as Gromnir is better than 90% of posters on this board-- our adversarial relations with pronouns notwithstanding. speaking as one who has learned a couple different languages, we suspect that our idiosyncratic speaking is more grating on a native ear. 

that being said, we s'pose it is possible that our posting were too... complex. we will concede that the danish in question simply could not grasp the concepts contained in our response. in the future, we will try to post slow and low for the children, foreigners and/or poorly educated members o' the community. happy? 

to stay on-topic we will add once more that the romances do more harm than good to the character development of the bioware companions. for companions to achieve Revelation 'cause of discourse + intercourse with the player following a half-dozen romance dialogue encounters and a tasteless pg-13 rated cut-scene is, at the very least, vulgar. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps   that a danish is a pastry and not a person is known to us.

The problem I have with your post now is that even though it is funny it is also patronizing. You are basically implying that people don't understand you because they aren't on the relevant intellectual level. I'm not sure if that was your intention but the reality is that your response isn't helpful to the constructive criticism you received.

• Like 1

John Milton 

HA! Good Fun!

Perhaps it'd please the gentlemen to know that I must certainly did comprehend thou latest post -- And I dare say -- I find it rather distressing that thou would resort to petty insults based on my country of origin and follow through with it in a manner as if I wasn't currently present. Be it a jest or not. I made the choice of not trying to make truth out of your earlier post as I perceived it to be deigning.

Pleased to make your acquaintance too. I bid you a good day, ser :p

• Like 1

If one doesn't romance Garrus in ME2 then it doesn't feel like he's learned anything or achieved anything.

I'm not sure I'd agree, especially given you picked Garrus and I don't recall feeling the same way (and extending into ME3, he's probably one of my favourite "friend characters" in a lot of gaming).

I found one of the (few) major improvements in ME3 over ME2 was that character development for several characters didn't become a matter of "calibrations" if you weren't in a romance for them. I remember actually writing to Casey Hudson about it and getting a reply that it was definitely something they were going to improve, back in the days when I still cared. :p

I feel like I should probably add further exposition to my previous posts, so perhaps even the loonies like Grom can understand my disposition. I'm in no way of the opinion that all BioWare characters are essentially carebears. The kind that won't open up unless you hug them or don't provide enough of the recommended love to do so -- Something along those lines. I'm merely saying that from my perspective, experience, however you wanna word it. Some characters don't get that same development unless they weren't romanced. I've noticed a pattern like that and I simply find it to be rather annoying. :p 

implied?  where we imply? am thinking we made it darn clear that reader ignorance, as 'posed to our posting style, were far more likely to trip up ninety-two. also, in case the sarcasm went unrealized, we has no intention o' actual dumbing down post content to meet ninety-two's level o' comprehension.  

*sigh*

we posted above that we don't genuine believe that ninety-two failed some basic comprehension threshold. is clear he "got" some o' our post. however, if he wanna play stupid, who is Gromnir to deny him? 

but again, Try to stay on-topic, or you will bring about censoring. 

example: perhaps bio could improve their romances cutting fat. the small handful o' dialogue encounters do not contribute to character development, so why not remove the juvenile foreplay and get straight to the cut-scenes? 

HA! Good Fun!

ps see above. we told you he understood. kinda knocks his own argument on its arse, eh?  now don't you feel silly for trying to defend? *chuckle* btw, there is a handful of tired "Gromnir Responses" we has gotten since... 1999? the "incomprehensible" ploy is rare used 'cause most folks realize that they don't have the self control to pull it off correct. see, you can't reply to Gromnir posts if they is incomprehensible, yes? ninety-two already failed at that. 

Edited by Gromnir