Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

I'm not very interested if the game can't be modded, but I'm always down for brainless jokes.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I actually want the game. The key is to keep expectations in check. Dragon Age 2 left a sour taste in my mouth, but I want to believe that they can repair what was broken. They seem to acknowledge what went wrong with DA2 and they want to fix these issues. Another thing is that I do not expect a rtwp game anymore. If it's a competent action rpg with party combat, I will be content. My most wanted rtwp game is hopefully released later in the year.

And thus it was made to be, a great fury flew from the volcanic remnants of a black isle and hurtled toward a hive of scum and villainy. The hive burned from the black flames, yet it served as a crucible, distilling the reprobates into a pure core. Those that survived were the most heinous, caring little for anything but 20ish minutes of sappy content in a 30 hour game.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Another cost cutting measure ?. I guess if you use a contest you don't have to deal with the actor's guild. Same reason reality TV is so popular.

I thought that was because some people have terrible taste.

• Like 1

I see it more as a viral promotion. They're getting people to upload these things first, then send them a link. Increasing their exposure on youtube and other sites.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As Bioware is most likely to have a panel of people that mirrors their ideals, I am afraid that i have bad news for you: As a white, heterosexual male with no sense social warrior justice, you are definately not their target group.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I figured you for a raptor Monte. Color my suprised.

As Bioware is most likely to have a panel of people that mirrors their ideals, I am afraid that i have bad news for you: As a white, heterosexual male with no sense social warrior justice, you are definately not their target group.

I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)

I'm actually curious as to what it is about Bioware games that so strongly attracts the LGBT community such that it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary audience. Sure their promo material is all White Male Shaved Head 5 O'Clock Shadow SPESS MUHREEN protagonist, but we all know 90%+ of their fanbase is not white male tree-trunk necked bulging-vein steroid abusers/lovers of that particular character archetype. Was it the Squidgirls from Mass Effect? I still feel like Japan pulled that off better.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

Well, I suppose if anyone will post another thread about "we should add amateur VO to PoE" (we had a few) to the result we get out of BioWare here...

That'll shut them up.

When will we get the veto option from BW delivered?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)I'm actually curious as to what it is about Bioware games that so strongly attracts the LGBT community such that it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary audience. Sure their promo material is all White Male Shaved Head 5 O'Clock Shadow SPESS MUHREEN protagonist, but we all know 90%+ of their fanbase is not white male tree-trunk necked bulging-vein steroid abusers/lovers of that particular character archetype. Was it the Squidgirls from Mass Effect? I still feel like Japan pulled that off better.

Another trial lawyer talent is noticing when other people use ridiculous hyperbole and then calling them out on it, acting all indignant.

LUDICROUS HYPERBOLE! :p

• Like 6

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)

That's clearly not true of the Dragon Age setting, though.

Then they should think up something original instead of basing their world directly on the history of Europe, Earth, The Universe, ca, 1200 Anno Domini. Really, it's painful how many RPGs set up their world with the "present" being a medieval stasis that has lasted for thousands of years after the fall of the Great/Evil (a.k.a. Roman) Empire with half or more of the kingdoms being direct analogues to real world counterparts. Bioware has made zero secret of the fact that Fereledn = England, Orlais = France, Tevinter = Rome, etc. The Qunari as a... philosophy are less than subtly based on a Westerner's shallow understanding of the breadth of far Eastern religion, philosophy and ethics.

[justplainoldtrolling]The fact that the "race" is a bunch of big grey ogres is just a testament to the base nature of Canadians as a people (yeah, keep worshipping that god-queen of yours, have fun imagining a future in which Canada is the center of human civilization i.e. ME.) America really needs to get a new hat.[/justplainoldtrolling]

Admittedly, those Qunari female character designs from DA2 are more attractive than all the others combined.

Edited by AGX-17

I'm pretty sure they made every character in the world of DA2 bisexual so that they'd have all bases covered and nobody could complain (except the people with functioning brain cells who figured out that it's astronomically unlikely that Hawke would be a vortex that attracts bisexuals in a mevievalesque RPG, in total ignorance of the fact that the only people who could get away with homosexual behavior were kings and people close in noble rank to kings.)

I'm actually curious as to what it is about Bioware games that so strongly attracts the LGBT community such that it is, for all intents and purposes, their primary audience. Sure their promo material is all White Male Shaved Head 5 O'Clock Shadow SPESS MUHREEN protagonist, but we all know 90%+ of their fanbase is not white male tree-trunk necked bulging-vein steroid abusers/lovers of that particular character archetype. Was it the Squidgirls from Mass Effect? I still feel like Japan pulled that off better.

How about gays exist?

• Like 3

I wish Jaesun was still here. His views on any given subject belied the usual stereotypes about Gay people and gaming.

Please come back Jaesun :cat:

We should make an offering. Would sixty dollars and a bottle of rum suffice?

• Like 1

I wish Jaesun was still here. His views on any given subject belied the usual stereotypes about Gay people and gaming.

Please come back Jaesun :cat:

We should make an offering. Would sixty dollars and a bottle of rum suffice?

What did Jaesun use to say that was so interesting Monte?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela