Dragon Age: Inquisition

Gorth

I was thinking it would be nice if BioWare made a game where you could make bad decisions.

I dunno, currently playing DA2 and having a harder time making good decisions. I mean, when the dude wants me to help him gather obvious gunpowder, I can make the good decision of not doing it or the bad decision of helping him, but the end result is the same. :p

Pretty sure you can make some fairly bad decisions in Awakening, too?

If both decisions lead to the same result, it's not much of a decision. If helping Anders led to the Chantry blowing up, and not helping him meant it didn't blow, it would be a rather meaningful one.

I'm fine with 'helping a terrorist make an explosive device' being a bad decision for PCs who want to attempt a peaceful resolution. It's not some bizarre gotcha situation, is it? Likewise, pissing off the magistrate by murdering his son probably should have had negative consequences.

Bad as in "evil" or bad as in "harmful to you"?

Bad as in evil young grasshopper, bad as in evil

BioWare lets you make a ton of evil decisions. Why would I ask for evil decisions in BioWare games when I can already slit the throats of bound qunari because they follow a different religion than I do?

am still not certain what mc intends with "bad," especially in this context. is many folks who suggest that choosing evil in bio games does result in bad for the player. for years we heard complaints that choose evil gets bad/worse rewards. conversely, we has heard same from people playing good. we know what Gromnir would intend by saying "bad," though we wouldn't.  similarly, we suspect we know what mc is driving at, but as Gromnir has had a similar debate with gaider on multiple occasions, we will ask for clarification-- use your words.  or don't.  *shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Weird. Every time I post scanned pictures from a magazine, some mod removes them and claims they are copyrighted.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

David Gaider gave a new interview with a magazine and a summary is on this German fansite.

[...]

-A dragon is especially vulnerable on the head [M: There's a called shot system for larger opponents.]

NO. WAY. I thought brains were the most durable and unessential parts of an organism's body!

Of course, considering the way dragons land and fight on the ground instead of just hocking fireballs from 50m or strafing with firebreath, their brains must be pretty small. Honestly, unless they're hungry they should just fly away. If they are hungry, I'm sure there are (invisible) herds of cattle, 1hp townsfolk and whatnot to eat. Maybe a nautical dragon that eats like a pelican.

The only way anybody ever gets to become a famous dragonslayer is by virtue of the dragon's stupidity, not their own capabilities (unless they were smart enough to plan to exploit said stupidity, but your typical dragonslaying hero is a burly fighter, not a schemer or scholar.)

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

Yeah, because dragons are little wussies who float around in the air during battles for ****s and giggles. theyw ant to chomp your head off face to face.Plus, dragons can't fly around forever.

Plus, they live in caves. hard to fly around in caves eating dwarves and stealing their treasure.

Don't be ignorant.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah, because dragons are little wussies who float around in the air during battles for ****s and giggles. theyw ant to chomp your head off face to face.Plus, dragons can't fly around forever.

Plus, they live in caves. hard to fly around in caves eating dwarves and stealing their treasure.

Don't be ignorant.

Do birds live in caves?

Dragons are stupider than birds, confirmed by SCIENCE!

Fighter jets and bombers don't land on the ground for a fair fight with infantry. If dragons can't be bothered to use common sense then they're just big dumb lizards with pointless skinflaps on their backs. How'd they even pass natural selection with that level of stupid? If a goose can fly south for the winter then a dragon could stand to stay airborne long enough to fry some douchebag conveniently wearing a steel pot on his head.* If you've got air superiority and you deliberately avoid using it, you're stupid, not courageous (assuming you don't prescribe to the idea that recklessness/stupidity=courage/valor.) If such a thing existed in Sun Tzu's time, he would have valued it above all other methods of defeating one's enemies.

*Steel is a proficient conductor of heat.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

I do not typically turn to BioWare RPGs for sophisticated moral philosophies, good or evil or otherwise.

You're right about that much. It's all color-coded morality. Oh no! I have too much red in my meter! Better say some nice things!

Watch out, being nice also equals "I want to put my crotch in your crotch" in Biowarese. Biowarian. Whatever the subtextual language is called.

• Like 1

I do not typically turn to BioWare RPGs for sophisticated moral philosophies, good or evil or otherwise.

You're right about that much. It's all color-coded morality. Oh no! I have too much red in my meter! Better say some nice things!

Watch out, being nice also equals "I want to put my crotch in your crotch" in Biowarese. Biowarian. Whatever the subtextual language is called.

I know this element of Bioware games has been exaggerated for dramatic effect but you'd think they could come up with an option to let your more lascivious companions down gently.

Also I'm trying to bring lascivious back, spread the word.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Man, that new companion really loves tight pants.

They're 50 copper cheaper and attract hipster mage wimminz.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So, apparently the Warden & Hawke are confirmed to make an appearance, since that's apparently so damn important. I don't care much for this idea given it'll only disappoint more than it'll satisfy people.

• Like 3

Being utterly meaningless terms anyway, given they are too relative from individual to individual, which is  why I loathe moral choice systems like say... in inFAMOUS. It's not letting us role-play, because we'll always be "The guy who sings the orphans to sleep" or "smothers them all with a pillow", there are never a neutral ground because it leads to a point where the protagonist suddenly don't have a character at all. The evil choices always end up being cartoonishly villainous too and one doesn't profit from it. What I'd like to see are choices that could be interpreted/discussed etc. whether we find them ethically appalling or 'the right thing'.

So, apparently the Warden & Hawke are confirmed to make an appearance, since that's apparently so damn important. I don't care much for this idea given it'll only disappoint more than it'll satisfy people.

This is still unconfirmed. It appeared in a German magazine, and none of the developers have commented on whether it's accurate or a misunderstanding.

Have there been any mention of system requirements for this? I'm kinda interested but doubt it'll run well on my old crappy computer.

Sadly, they have not done so. I wish they would; it's their first game on Frostbite and I'm wondering if I should upgrade or no.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hopefully they won't fall into the current trend of having huge system and memory requirement just because is supposed to be a next gen game. Even though it runs on current gen and looks like it as well. I would say that if your PC can run current gen there is no reason why it shouldn't run DA:I. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well at least the little Elf chap looks like he is capable of dressing himself, unlike the suicidal mage they previously showed.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

So they are just asking for a ME3-level fan meltdown, huh? :p

Edited by Noviere

Hopefully they won't fall into the current trend of having huge system and memory requirement just because is supposed to be a next gen game. Even though it runs on current gen and looks like it as well. I would say that if your PC can run current gen there is no reason why it shouldn't run DA:I. 

Haha, I remember Bioware games having pretty long loading times since Neverwinter Nights, but that never bothered me much, if the quality of the game is still good, that hasn't been the case in their past few games, so we'll see what happens with their newest title.

This has been a rumor forever.

It's literally impossible to get both of them in the game. Two different models, etc.