What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Trying to make a Neutral karma NV run while continuing my quest to explode ALL the pants. Finally got a mod that gets rid of the positive karma for killing fiends and feral ghouls which made it impossible to achieve/maintain evil or neutral.

Super Robot Wars Z2, in anticipation of the April release of 3.

Just finished my playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Original, or Director's Cut?

Trying to finish Just Cause 2, but the game crashes everytime I break a lot of stuff so....

You playing on PC? What kind of rig you running?

Haven't looked into the crashing that much, am running a i5-2500K and a 680ti , so an older machine for sure.  I'll look into it the specific crash details, if any are given anyway, and see what's up with it.  Might be the drivers though, I think I upgraded from 314.22 or whatever the latest stable ones for my card are.

Ok, apparently 'Decals' in the menu might be the trouble.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Haven't looked into the crashing that much, am running a i5-2500K and a 680ti , so an older machine for sure.  I'll look into it the specific crash details, if any are given anyway, and see what's up with it.  Might be the drivers though, I think I upgraded from 314.22 or whatever the latest stable ones for my card are.

That's odd, because Just Cause 2 came out a couple years before the Core i5 and nVidia 600 series (I haven't had any problems on a machine running a similar CPU and a 580 GPU.) Possibly an issue of backwards compatibility with the drivers? Then again, I haven't played it prior to the recent addition of official multiplayer, I'm sure that must have added a load of bugs.

Edited by AGX-17

People's idea of "old" for computer parts sometimes disturbs me...my mother was still using an old single core Athlon 64 up until a few months ago...now that's getting on the old side. :facepalm:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

People's idea of "old" for computer parts sometimes disturbs me...my mother was still using an old single core Athlon 64 up until a few months ago...now that's getting on the old side. :facepalm:

Mothers don't count unless you're a mother who builds/buys a new gaming rig every few years. That said, it's not irrational to consider a product 2-3 years old to be "old" in the world of computing, given Moore's Law.

Besides, for those of us who still haven't hit 30 and didn't major in geology, archaeology, paleontology, or astrophysics/cosmology, 2-3 years is a long time (I suppose I should also assume there are those who did/could not attend any institutions of higher education,) especially considering the fact that humans' biological clocks accelerate as one ages. 2-3 years pass in the blink of an eye for a senior but feel like an eternity for a 6 year old.

BUT I DIGRESS.

Edited by AGX-17

Did the second and third tutorials in SHOGUN: Total War 2. Next up are the naval tutorials.

Odd considering there was little naval action in the Sengoku period. The ships were basically floating forts whose purpose was blockading supply lines.

Mothers don't count unless you're a mother who builds/buys a new gaming rig every few years. That said, it's not irrational to consider a product 2-3 years old to be "old" in the world of computing, given Moore's Law.

Besides, for those of us who still haven't hit 30 and didn't major in geology, archaeology, paleontology, or astrophysics/cosmology, 2-3 years is a long time (I suppose I should also assume there are those who did/could not attend any institutions of higher education,) especially considering the fact that humans' biological clocks accelerate as one ages. 2-3 years pass in the blink of an eye for a senior but feel like an eternity for a 6 year old.

BUT I DIGRESS.

I get your point, but...when gaming computing "needs" have increased so very little over the past few years, an i5-2500k is still perfectly serviceable. More than, in fact - still fairly comparable to the "brand new" Haswell i5s. And a 680TI? Please. If my mother was able to play silly SW:TOR on her over ten year old machine, I don't think your "old" hardware is likely to be a problem for a while yet...so don't blame software problems on your still rather nice hardware. :p

(I don't actually too feel strongly about this. It's just that I'm still running ye olde Phenom II X4 with an equally "old" 5770, and am still finding it hard to rationalize upgrading when there's no real apparent need to - not for gaming, anyways, unless I REALLY REALLY want to have the best, which I don't; "just" "high" - "medium" at the absolute worst - is perfectly fine for me - so when somebody mentions their much superior hardware as possibly being the source of their woes... :p.)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Did the second and third tutorials in SHOGUN: Total War 2. Next up are the naval tutorials.

Odd considering there was little naval action in the Sengoku period. The ships were basically floating forts whose purpose was blockading supply lines.

I found it strange that there would be naval battles to be honest. But I guess I have to learn what I will be doing during the actual campaigns.

Well I said older not old, just meaning it's not the current generation of CPUs or GPUs (am a full tick-tock behind on the CPU at least :p)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I said older not old, just meaning it's not the current generation of CPUs or GPUs (am a full tick-tock behind on the CPU at least :p)

Hah. Yeah, I suppose so. Don't mind me - I'm just being fussy. :)

I found it strange that there would be naval battles to be honest. But I guess I have to learn what I will be doing during the actual campaigns.

They don't feature too prominently in the game. If you end up converting to Christianity and bring in Nanban Trade ships (with Cannons) or capture the Black Ship, you may want to start using them a bit more, however.

Neverwinter Nights. Not the OC though. I just reloaded it today and figured I'd try some of the new modules that have posted the last few years. Does anyone know whatever happened to the City of Doors Initiative?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Still Might & Magic X.  I'm almost 80 hours deep and still on Act 3.  When they went old-school with this game, they made sure it was old-school long too.  :wowey:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They just gave us a coupon code for episode 2 of Wolf Among Us. You can get away with having to do just 1 QTE fight this time, although for my first playthrough, another very quick one made sense.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I had a good time with the Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend.  It was better than I expected, the videos and trailers didn't do much for me originally.  I really only played through one of the starter areas fully, but it was a nice mix of quests.  The use of disguises was neat, and lockpicking is a fun addition to the MMO model.  I even got a little boost from reading a book in the game.  They really did put in a lot of the staples of the single player experience. 

Just finished Metro: Last Light. It's like Metro 2033 but simply better in every possible way(Story, Gameplay, Visuals, Controls...). A very enjoyable experience from start to finish. Highly Recommended! I also replayed Bioshock: Infinite and I liked it a little better this time around. I suddenly found the whole quantum-physics-themed-story to be entertaining.

...and now, I need money for Age of Decadence. :(

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Nobunaga supposedly had some sort of primordial ironclad, emphasis on supposedly, but there aren't any records of any significant seaborne aggression from the era.

I get your point, but...when gaming computing "needs" have increased so very little over the past few years, an i5-2500k is still perfectly serviceable. More than, in fact - still fairly comparable to the "brand new" Haswell i5s. And a 680TI? Please. If my mother was able to play silly SW:TOR on her over ten year old machine, I don't think your "old" hardware is likely to be a problem for a while yet...so don't blame software problems on your still rather nice hardware. :p

(I don't actually too feel strongly about this. It's just that I'm still running ye olde Phenom II X4 with an equally "old" 5770, and am still finding it hard to rationalize upgrading when there's no real apparent need to - not for gaming, anyways, unless I REALLY REALLY want to have the best, which I don't; "just" "high" - "medium" at the absolute worst - is perfectly fine for me - so when somebody mentions their much superior hardware as possibly being the source of their woes... :p.)

Well, my original point was that it's likely an issue of drivers and backwards compatibility (Just Cause 2 isn't new, after all, and wasn't designed when the architecture of a 680ti existed to be taken into consideration.) The thing about perceptions of time and age in the computing sector was just a tangential observation of the reality.

I had a good time with the Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend.  It was better than I expected, the videos and trailers didn't do much for me originally.  I really only played through one of the starter areas fully, but it was a nice mix of quests.  The use of disguises was neat, and lockpicking is a fun addition to the MMO model.  I even got a little boost from reading a book in the game.  They really did put in a lot of the staples of the single player experience.

I won't be convinced until I can powergame and exploit my way to replicating this scenario: Te5XS.png

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 4

Does it feel worth a subscription?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looks like the decal did the trick, managed to play JC2 with out crashing for a while. 

Does it feel worth a subscription?

That is super hard to say.  It feels like I will get a good 40-60 hours of it, like I get out of every Elder Scrolls game.  But I always peter out on the single player games after a month.

So I think it is worth the box price and I will enjoy the first month, and I will see where I am at after that.

Bravely Default. Opinion stands that I'm hooked. It hasn't really changed in either direction of being more or less interesting than previously.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."