RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

I thought more than a few of you might like to see how Divinity - Original Sin is shaping up...

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/28/a-game-and-a-chat-divinity-original-sins-divine-depth/

This really is shaping up to be the closest thing we've ever had to a true Ultima VII spiritual successor...

Must not get overly excited...

Must not give in to hype...

Must not let self get set up for disappointment...

Must not give in to hype...

Must not...

Must...

/rolls hype saving throw

//fails miserably

Holy ****!  Holy ****!  Holy ****, this game is going to rule!

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Apparently Ubisoft has pulled all german versions of South Park, because to the end of the game there is one swastika to be seen. Good guy Ubisoft, saving the world, one swastika at a time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Apparently Ubisoft has pulled all german versions of South Park, because to the end of the game there is one swastika to be seen. Good guy Ubisoft, saving the world, one swastika at a time.

And Steam are holding back the Aussie release. :banghead: 

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Wouldn't they be held liable financially (through fines) had they released it?

Or worse.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Depends on how it is presented in the game and the old discussion: Are games art or not? Because in art, swastika stuff is allowed.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Bruce Wayne looks like David Boreanaz.

That's a good thing.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

The villains are the problem ( for me). They just look weird looking so normal-wannnabeish.

edit: and now i've seen the GI screenshots ... i will have to get used to these new appearances they'll have in this game.. :|

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dislike that Batman CGI trailer.  I want a real gameplay one.

It's a problem with most game trailers these days, especially the big title ones. It's like they're advertising a movie, not a video game.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dislike that Batman CGI trailer.  I want a real gameplay one.

It's a problem with most game trailers these days, especially the big title ones. It's like they're advertising a movie, not a video game.

What's the difference these days?

• Like 2

village_idiot.gif

I'm pretty excited for Obsidian that they have another well-reviewed game under their belt.  South Park is pulling in the same critic reviews as Fallout: NV and the user reviews look even better.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has me a little worried:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/04/wot-i-think-south-park-the-stick-of-truth/

I honestly don't care about bugs (I never seem as struck by them as the rest of you), but if there's something I hate it's when I'm forced to learn a new control layout because a key-mapping feature is missing. Or that the game feels like it was entirely made for console with the PC version an afterthought.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm pretty excited for Obsidian that they have another well-reviewed game under their belt.  South Park is pulling in the same critic reviews as Fallout: NV and the user reviews look even better.

I've been worried about RPS for a while. In all seriousness they're at about Kotaku level now, their concerns can be safely ignored. And, of course, their review of FalloutNV was pretty infamous- they just don't like Obsidian much.

Some of their guest contributors are good though, and Tim Stone is, as always, awesome.

• Like 2

Guest Slinky

I'm glad South Park has been well received, but not allowing the player change keybinds at all is weird at best. Smells like a fast PC port.

Less is better -philosophy isn't exactly the best way to go what comes to options, and that's exactly what many devs seem to think these days. Not too thrilled about that.

I'm glad South Park has been well received, but not allowing the player change keybinds at all is weird at best. Smells like a fast PC port.

Less is better -philosophy isn't exactly the best way to go what comes to options, and that's exactly what many devs seem to think these days. Not too thrilled about that.

Which is ironic since the consensus seems to be that the PC version is the most bug-free of the 3 versions.  In my almost 6 hours with the game I haven't encountered a single bug, not even so much as a glitchy texture or an audio clipping issue.  I agree the lack of key rebinding is unacceptable, even if it doesn't affect me one bit, as I'm playing on a 360 controller.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been worried about RPS for a while. In all seriousness they're at about Kotaku level now, their concerns can be safely ignored. And, of course, their review of FalloutNV was pretty infamous- they just don't like Obsidian much.

Some of their guest contributors are good though, and Tim Stone is, as always, awesome.

Don't forget the important role that RPS plays in raising issues of social justice. There reviews may be debatably questionable but they more than make up for it with there awareness campaigns around certain issues

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela