RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Perhaps the magic is about ability to give wielders the feeling of carrying a lighten than feather weapon?

It's obviously made of a special, weaponized, transparent aluminum alloy.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lords of the fallen gameplay:

snip

That looks pretty promising.  Hopefully there are some polearms in the game like a glaive, bardiche, or lucerne hammer.

Edit:  Although, they're obviously not going for anything resembling realistic weapons (which is fine), since nobody could wield that hammer with one hand unless it was made of plastic and hollow.

Obviously, you haven't been paying attention to the lore.

The tattoos on the face of the character are granted as the mark of a chronic masturbator, he is obviously a great one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not even if you put a spike on top ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not even if you put a spike on top ?

I think it's something to do with the weight distribution dampening the piercing effect, not to mention making it extremely unwieldy to jab with. Not that a hammer with a spike on the top would be completely useless but in reality they tended to be on one of the sides of the hammerhead where you'd get the most force from the blow. 

Ok, I'm seriously concerned right now.

You all make it sound like you're grabbing your "thing" hand down and thrust it forward violently as if you were going to stab somebody instead of the regular hand face up, grab it from the side and swing forward and back.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

At the end of this month Thief comes out, and I just got a pretty decent deal on it. It's Steam third party DM no matter which way you turn it, so instead of buying the Master Thief edition from steam for like 40 quid. I went to Green Man Gaming with a 25% voucher (just google it, and you'll get that one). Thing is, they already had 10% off, so in total I got the price reduced to 22 quid, half the asking price of Steam. Yay!

Btw, I'm really looking forward to this game, since I adored the Thief games of yore, and I'm a fan of Dishonored as well. This will be what I play after I've finished Might & Magic X. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Demo is out for Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. The graphics on max are great and do not require a high end machine, the controls are much better on mouse+keyboard then they were in the first part. Also there is a cinematic video at the end of the demo that made a mess of my underwear.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

At the end of this month Thief comes out, and I just got a pretty decent deal on it. It's Steam third party DM no matter which way you turn it, so instead of buying the Master Thief edition from steam for like 40 quid. I went to Green Man Gaming with a 25% voucher (just google it, and you'll get that one). Thing is, they already had 10% off, so in total I got the price reduced to 22 quid, half the asking price of Steam. Yay!

Btw, I'm really looking forward to this game, since I adored the Thief games of yore, and I'm a fan of Dishonored as well. This will be what I play after I've finished Might & Magic X. :)

If you liked the old Thief games, maybe you should wait for some reviews and a price drop. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's very industrious, thanks for sharing :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It looks fantastic. I tend to gamble on games now and then (like over at Kickstarter). I took a risk and pre-ordered Dishonored as well, and it was great. However, Bioshock Infinite, was not that great.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It looks fantastic. I tend to gamble on games now and then (like over at Kickstarter). I took a risk and pre-ordered Dishonored as well, and it was great. However, Bioshock Infinite, was not that great.

You right about Dishonored, I really think we were spoilt with that game the new IP that comes with it. Can't WAIT till the next one :wowey:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

All hail Smough's hammer! It has to be this big if you're gonna grind bones to dust. 8)

Buying Thief? Are you crazy? ( Don't anwser that, because i already know the answer ) It's got nothing to do with old games, it0s just modern pos with the names slapped on it.

And i agree Bioshock:I is nothing good, but neither is Dishonored, great idea baaaad execution. Thief will suck even more.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Thief is one of my favourite games, and I loved Thief 3 which some 'hardcore' fans consider much inferior, but the new Thief looks so, so, so, so bad in every way that there's not even an iota of regret that I'm not getting it. I generally like to try then give up or like it for what it is but it's been amazing how just with trailers and description they've already provided so much clear evidence it will be rubbish. 

Thief 4 promises to be 'I'm a super cool ninja with a dark past and amnesia and I want to save the world in my own dark hero badass totally righteous brooding way by killing people when shiny contextual icons light up and also by escaping scripted 'run like hell' sequences' than, you know, an amoral thief who can't be arsed about all that stuff and just wants some cash and above all not to be seen. I'm not even exaggerating. Garrett now has amnesia. And likes justice. Wants to save the world, or at least the city. Hints of a romantic undertone. Shiny contextual icons to show when the guard is ripe for killing or blackjack. At least they took out the kill XP, I think. Platform-like escape sequences. Focus highlighting. Slow motion. 

The new standalone Dark Mod now provides a platform for plenty of excellent user-made mods, thankfully, so there's plenty of actual Thief to play.

I couldn't get into Dishonoured because playing it for half an hour on hardest difficulty I realised you can just stand somewhere high up top and shoot people in the face and the guards will all come gather round the guy, who I'm still shooting in the face from right next to them on top of a roof standing still, and they'll just wildly spin around going HEY COME OUT YOU. Then they eventually give up and wander away, even as their colleague is now burning to a crisp from the fire arrows I'm launching into his face, half a metre away from them. Gah. But at least I've heard / seen enough things about it to suggest it may be worth another try in the future. 

• Like 1

I'm not exactly the hardest core Thief fan, and I too rather liked T3, but... Tigranes even left out the small levels (but they'll be detailed, promise, and the big levels in T2 like Life of the Party were pretty, uh, horrible?), jump only at context points (because free jump looks silly, people could run around everywhere jumping, like in BGDA), rope arrow context points, the bad VO because the VO has to be done by the motion capture actor (!), etc etc. And they haven't got rid of the XP system, just hidden it away hence the ludicrous ability to buy the 'Stealth' ability* in a Thief game.

Still, if you like Assassin's Creed and DIshonoured, are happy to spend time turning off all the extra frippery and hand holding devices and aren't too emotionally invested in the old Thief games it may work out for you. I do sincerely wish you luck.

*To be fair, probably an upgrade rather than the ability itself. Sadly though, I wouldn't put it past them to have 'gain stealth' as a tutorial to explain their ability/ upgrade system.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

I'm in the wait, let others be the guinea pigs, and if everything turns out much better than I'm expecting, I'll see you in a 75% off Steam Sale boat as far as Thi4f is concerned.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks