What you did today

LadyCrimson

I took the key off and played with the nipple looking thing underneath. It didnt seem to help. I dont know a lot about laptop keyboards.

Kniw something about nipples, though?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I took the key off and played with the nipple looking thing underneath. It didnt seem to help. I dont know a lot about laptop keyboards.

Kniw something about nipples, though?

Sadly, no.  I mean I have two that are fairly non-functional, and I am only allowed limited access to the other two in the house.   :shrugz:

• Like 3

Stayed up all night playing Banished. Will now take a nap. Then will play more Banished. I might remember to feed the cat at some point.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Felt like an old man today. Was very grumpy. My shoulder hurts when it gets cold and I also learned that the pain in my thumb is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life. On top of that, I have a cold sent from frozen hell.  :down:

Dissected a cute widdle bunny wabbit today. Well, watched the teacher dissect one, but I'm told it's my turn next week. Well, actually not so much "dissect" as "partially skin and experiment on it", but still.

In other news, girlfriend wants a cat, which is extremely cool. She takes care of its disgusting earthly needs while I get to pet it the days I visit her. Is this how heaven feels like?

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Dissected a cute widdle bunny wabbit today. Well, watched the teacher dissect one, but I'm told it's my turn next week. Well, actually not so much "dissect" as "partially skin and experiment on it", but still.

In other news, girlfriend wants a cat, which is extremely cool. She takes care of its disgusting earthly needs while I get to pet it the days I visit her. Is this how heaven feels like?

On an related note, cat meat tastes just like rabbit. Food for thought, hint hint.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Giving Gran Turismo 6 another chance, even though its still a crap game. And I found out that one of my favorite shirts doesn't fit me anymore, can't even raise my hands without hearing the seams ripping. Meh. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

What are you studying that relates to dissecting/skinning/experimenting on rabbits?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Watched Bayern cruise to an easy win. 2-0 isn't that bad though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What are you studying that relates to dissecting/skinning/experimenting on rabbits?

Physiology. Requirement for all those fancy doctor-y things like internal medicine, pharmacology, surgery, etc.

(And, in all fairness, it's not really dissecting, nor skinning, but a very selective preparation of the trachea, the jugular vein, the vagus nerve and the carotid artery on an anasthetized live specimen, followed by vagal stimulation and injection of certain physiological agonists, but I'm always kinda lazy to look up the correct english terminology after a busy day of not-dissecting-nor-skinning.)

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Just got back from seeing Brian May, he's doing a tour with a singer from the Queen musical, it was a great performance but the sound could have been a teensy bit better, also sitting at the back of a packed out opera house wasn't all that epic.  He brought his original guitar so it was cool just seeing him perform with the instrument he recorded all those songs with, glad I went.

the vagus nerve

I remember that little bugger, apparently that's what made me feel like I was about to die when I got a kidney stone  :shifty:

I remember dissecting frogs in highschool biology. The dissecting part didn't/doesn't bother me, but the very strong smell of that formaldehyde or whatever would trigger my smell/gag reflex almost instantly. Which was annoying because then people thought I was being wimpy over the frog when that wasn't it at all. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I came home from our gaming session this evening, and went to the basement fridge to get a drink while the wife was taking a shower.  Saw a mouse right in the middle of the floor of the unfinished portion of the basement.  It started running away from me, but this mouse was not particularly fast.  I picked up a half-empty can of housepaint and was able to smash the beastie before it could scurry under the dryer. 

Feeling appropriately macho, I bagged the idea of a drink from the fridge, and just got some whiskey.  Am now drinking it, while glaring disparagingly at the cat. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 5

, while glaring disparagingly at the cat. 

:lol:

When I first moved to live in JHB 15 years ago I lived in a small holding in a relatively rural area. There use to be mice that lived in my place. I use to hear them running around at night, I decided to use Rat Poison to get rid of them. The one day I saw the one die slowly from the Rat Poison, it was cruel death and horrible to see. After that I left the mice alone :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

while glaring disparagingly at the cat. 

:lol:  I nearly died when I read that!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The heater in the rabbit pen crapped out last night. So this morning I found the odd sight of eight rabbits piled on top of each other trying to stay warm. It wasn't even that cold last night so I figured they're just wussies. The new heater works though... just checked it.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The heater in the rabbit pen crapped out last night. So this morning I found the odd sight of eight rabbits piled on top of each other trying to stay warm. It wasn't even that cold last night so I figured they're just wussies. The new heater works though... just checked it.

Hi GD :)

What is the reason you keep rabbits? For food or just as pets ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, poison is unpleasant.  Not least because you never know where they're going to die, which poses cleanup problems.  Glue traps are also disconcerting to use-- you either end up having to execute a helpless animal, or they die slowly of dehydration before you get the chance to give them a clean end. 

That said, I didn't hesitate here.  I saw it moving after I turned the light on, decided that it had to die, grabbed something that could be used as an effective bludgeon (I had already changed into pajamas and slippers, so a stomping was out), and got to work. 

Hmmm that question actually has two answers. Let's just say some things changed when Lady GD moved in. Oddly enough she has no qualms about eating the odd wild rabbit I have gotten during hunting season. But it's a lot harder to eat a critter you see every day and have named. For some at least.

Thomas Sowell

Hmmm that question actually has two answers. Let's just say some things changed when Lady GD moved in. Oddly enough she has no qualms about eating the odd wild rabbit I have gotten during hunting season. But it's a lot harder to eat a critter you see every day and have named. For some at least.

I hear you, I love eating wild rabbit. Its amazing how many people won't touch it because they see it as a pet

John Milton 

I hear you, I love eating wild rabbit. Its amazing how many people won't touch it because they see it as a pet

:lol:  Once it has a name it has become a de facto pet I've found. I never named them if I knew they would not be around long!

Thomas Sowell