What you did today

LadyCrimson

I found out that eating lots of cheese and drinking an apple-pear smoothie leads to an unpleasant stomach condition. 

Oh, and I started to safe money for a couple of modification for a rifle I own. Its pretty funny when you realize that the modifications you want to make cost 3 times as much as the rifle itself. :blink: Everything has gotten so expensive....

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I found out that eating lots of cheese and drinking an apple-pear smoothie leads to an unpleasant stomach condition. 

Oh, and I started to safe money for a couple of modification for a rifle I own. Its pretty funny when you realize that the modifications you want to make cost 3 times as much as the rifle itself. :blink: Everything has gotten so expensive....

Is it just the mods or the installation, cause if it is the latter then DIY.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently my school is required to provide Title IX training to ALL STUDENTS.

If read normally it takes 40 minutes (according to them)

If you punch the button fast enough, it takes five.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, between a disturbed nights sleep, that wake up, doze off, wake up, doze off, repeat cycle... and my sister dropping off her big dog here when work takes her out of town for a couple of days.. I'm feeling a bit worn.

Kind of sat with a pile of work notes, assorted documents to read, and a bundle of emails about it all, and trying to get my mind to organise what the first steps are that I need to do.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is it just the mods or the installation, cause if it is the latter then DIY.

Its mainly the components, I can install them myself no problem.  Except barrel cutting and re-crowning, my hacksaw skills are pathetic and I hate messing around with barrels. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Normal Monday lunch: mcdonalds for the 1 euro off QP meal or community college salad bar

Monday lunch in Helsinki: three courses at the top gentlemen's club in the country

Bad career choices, I has made them :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have to agree with you Nep.

Especially because you're staying in a Finnish Innsmouth, so most women there will have likely had sex with fishmen.

Get the **** out ASAP.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Interesting dreams involving me dealing with demon possessed old women then somehow battling freakish headcrab like parasites in power armour sure was a good start to the day.

But am watching the closing ceremony at work, so it's not all that bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have to agree with you Nep.

Especially because you're staying in a Finnish Innsmouth, so most women there will have likely had sex with fishmen.

Get the **** out ASAP.

At first I thought KP had some serious issues with fishermen, but then I read more closely.

• Like 2

Apparently my school is required to provide Title IX training to ALL STUDENTS.

If read normally it takes 40 minutes (according to them)

If you punch the button fast enough, it takes five.

Yeah there's a big push to have all students aware of Title IX and how it effect the campus and how to report things and such.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The white flowers on the neighbor's crabapple trees are starting to blossom (crabapples: kinda like tiny plums crossed with miniature mushy apples). Spring is coming!

I've been purposely avoiding playing the Banished game during the day, because I know I can over-obsess. With the sunny-ish recent days, instead I've been going for walks/hikes (nothing intensive), visiting some friends/family I haven't seen in a while, shopping, getting stuff done ... then I return home. Unfortunately, by early evening I then think to myself "I'll play some Banished for a few hours." And next thing I know it's 2am. Stupid game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a family dinner yesterday at the parent's house. Mom had made a nice big steak. Then me and my brother checked out my dad's new car. It had a glass heads-up display like in the sci-fi movies that you saw as a kid. Then while I was driving home, the song "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel started playing on the radio. I was happy and content.

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Did you heart went boom boom booom and you said "Son, pack your things I'm going to take you home"?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Almost. But i did break a smile though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

30 years from now, if any of you see some white-haired, fragile looking, little old lady arthritically limping across the parking lot of a grocery/drugstore with a cart full of diet Mt. Dew ... that'll be me.

Also...darnit, where's hubby. I'm lonely. :mellow:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

30 years from now, if any of you see some white-haired, fragile looking, little old lady arthritically limping across the parking lot of a grocery/drugstore with a cart full of diet Mt. Dew ... that'll be me.

Also...darnit, where's hubby. I'm lonely. :mellow:

Keep drinking Mt. Dew and it will be 10 years from now on an electric wheelchair; seriously, sugary drinks and junk food is really bad for arthritis.

village_idiot.gif

I feel like people always miss the "diet" part of the diet Mt. Dew, when I'm making a joke about such. So to be more accurate, health-sermonizing response posts should be about the detrimental effects of artificial sweeteners and all those other juicy, unpronounceable chemicals in the giant ingredient list! My eyeballs will probably fall out, or my skin will rupture, or I'll become radioactive. :biggrin:

....honestly, most of the time I don't drink that much. Couple cans a day. Just sometimes during gaming periods I drink ... a lot more. And like to make jokes. Man you can't make any joke about anything now with getting a sermon.  :p

:lol: I thought most folks laid off the Dew when they got out of college! After all, since they took Jolt Cola away from us the Dew is the most caffeine you can get in a can.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Groggy as hell. Since my sister dropped her dog off here to look after while she was out of town on work, I ended up having to put a mattress and bed in her old room in an attempt to get the galloot to settle somewhat. That partially worked in the sense he didn't whine and claw at the door like the last time it happened.. but it did mean I kept having a rather large german shepherd loom over me panting anxiously, sitting on the mattress and stepping on me, occasionally sprawling out across me, or hitting my stomach with his head at various points all through the night.

Not conductive to a great nights sleep....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah, Jolt cola. I remember that. :lol:

Had a nap, woke up, goofed around on the internet. Randomly came across videos of some apparent recent "spiritual leader," Eckhart Tolle, who wrote some books a few years ago or something. Jim Carrey likes him. Anyway, the titles of his videos on his channel are intriguing, like "How do we break the habit of excessive thinking" (a problem I often have, haha) but watching/listening, I feel like I can't understand a word he's saying. Every time he starts to make a little bit of generic philosophy sense, he then spouts what sounds like utter nonsense and I start laughing.

I remain unenlightened. Maybe you had to read the book first.

Spring is finally here. It's actually not dark outside when I go to work or get home. The sun is shining and being out without a jacket wasn't a nightmare. No winter boots needed. Played some football during break at work.

A certain someone is also pushing a certain relationship to get more serious. Told her that won't happen any time soon, if ever. I'm not a relationship man.

Indeed, today, the sun is shining.

• Like 1

. I'm not a relationship man.

Indeed, today, the sun is shining.

Yeah I hear you, I'm already in a very committed relationship with myself...and its complicated :aiee:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela