What you did today

LadyCrimson

Long week. Not quite burned with glory, but not bad. Missed you weirdos.

Hi Walsie :)

You are another regular who has been conspicuous by your absence. Good to have you back

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What type of cats do you have and how many?

I've got 5 cats, one is a Norwegian forest cat and the rest are just domestic shorthaired cats, some with lynx-like tufts on their ears. :)

I don't have any particular breed preference or something, I do like the white cats we used to have here though, but they're gone now do to castrations and sterilizations.

I love cats, I wanted to see what a Norwegian forest cat looked like so I googled it. They are adorable :cat:

I briefly rented a room from an old lady who bred them and pretty much always had kittens around. It was extremely therapeutic to come home to a cornucopia of kittens to play with to de-stress after work.

Aaaahhhhh that is cute :cat:

I can't think of  anything more relaxing than coming home and having a whole lot of kittens to play with...its like having your living breathing stress-ball  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Can't decide if I want to post in the Kickstarter Badge Un-deactivation thread. I feel special and unusual that the badge isn't displayed even though I have it. There, I just answered my own quandary.

Let it not be said that forums don't help us to solve complicated ruminations  :)

John Milton 

Long week. Not quite burned with glory, but not bad. Missed you weirdos.

Hi Walsie :)

You are another regular who has been conspicuous by your absence. Good to have you back

Aw... you guys....

*savage right cross*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just had a shot of Scotch and its 9am eight hours ahead of my time zone. Chocolate Toast Crunch is pretty good, sans leche, better than its cinnamon progenitor. Fell madly in love with Mikaela Shiffrin's gold-medal winning droll soul just tonight. She has a fantastic stage presence, in studio and on the Olympic ski slope.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Wanted a lie-in. Found myself on automatic, getting washed and dressed for 7 a.m.

This sucks. Ah well, may as well do some chores.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, i was expecting to go away for 2 weeks ( work related ). I had my bags packed, papperwork sorted, all my 'tools of the trade' all set to go.

However Unforseen events have occured so i am now back to my regular Saterday of doing nothing in particular at home. For 2 days, a week, i might not even be going away...

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

I just finished Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon. What a marvelous game, enjoyed the hell out of it from beginning to end. 

You know a game is good when you hear a robot voice saying: I AM THE BATTLE ARMORED DRAGON ASSAULT STRIKE SYSTEM. YOUR KILLSTAR CONTROLS MY BRAINCAGE INSTRUCTING ME THAT YOU ARE MY RIDER.

I found the VO during the hacking sequence at the end if the first level particularly brilliant.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Did admin, sat down in  a chair to do more at 1400. Fell asleep. Woke at 1900.

I'm such a decrepit old fart! :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Did a nightly garden patrol with my cat (its 1 am).  My cat is almost 21 years old and not that fit anymore so I play the role of the bodyguard that protects him from getting his feline butt kicked by gangs of younger cats or more dangerous foxes.
He doesn't mind as long as I keep really quiet and not use my flashlight -  which is challenging at times when there is no moon or stars. It really sharpens my senses, especially my sense of hearing. 

Its pretty funny, after he marked his territory and swept out intruders from the garden perimeter I can totally tell that he feels like a proud manly man again. After the patrol he is happy again, eats a meal and falls into a really deep sleep. And I feel happy too, I love nightly walks and its a good thing to know that my garden area is secure from malevolent denizens of the dark. 

Did admin, sat down in  a chair to do more at 1400. Fell asleep. Woke at 1900.

I'm such a decrepit old fart! :)

Then I'm an old geezer too. Overly comfortable chairs totally knock me out every single time.  :getlost:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I just finished Far Cry 3 : Blood Dragon. What a marvelous game, enjoyed the hell out of it from beginning to end. 

You know a game is good when you hear a robot voice saying: I AM THE BATTLE ARMORED DRAGON ASSAULT STRIKE SYSTEM. YOUR KILLSTAR CONTROLS MY BRAINCAGE INSTRUCTING ME THAT YOU ARE MY RIDER.

I found the VO during the hacking sequence at the end if the first level particularly brilliant.

Hated how you would auto fail any mission if you wandered off the mission area. Bad scripting. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Took a break from obsessive city building, went out a bit, ate some good food, watched a silly action movie, now thinking about going to bed early. Really early. *yawn*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Head feels soooo heavy today, probably due to excessive drinking and hedonism.. Exam tomorrow..

What a time to be alive! heh

Hi Ros, you've been very quiet lately. Is it because you studying and are you still seeing that bar lady?

John Milton 

Was a fun game to watch, but yeah, apparently defending was optional that game :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hi Ros, you've been very quiet lately. Is it because you studying and are you still seeing that bar lady?

Both, we've been very active, so that's left too little screen time.. It turns out I'm apperantly addicted to these boards however as I've even had a few dreams about 'em. Boring dreams about posting funny things and keeping you updated haha.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

I hung out with some old friends and resumed drinking. Currently making tamales and watching The Avengers.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I had a friends farewell dinner tonight, he is going to the UAE for 4 years on a really lucrative contract for a bank. We had a few drinks and some good food

John Milton 

Pondering on how to best clear some ice out so the recently melted ice can drain out.  Too thick though, and alas I am without a sharp enough stick to bash the ice up.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pondering on how to best clear some ice out so the recently melted ice can drain out.  Too thick though, and alas I am without a sharp enough stick to bash the ice up.

In reply to your question i looked at my own freezer. Im missing out on a good 2 1/2 Inch myself, i dont posses a scraper =x

hmm mabye ill borrow one from work... apart from that not sure how else it could be done without something like that to bash it out with.  Hairdryer? Lots of Hot Toast mabye?

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

When we had a small no-defrost freezer, I just used a regular stainless steel tableware knife. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In reply to your question i looked at my own freezer. Im missing out on a good 2 1/2 Inch myself, i dont posses a scraper =x

hmm mabye ill borrow one from work... apart from that not sure how else it could be done without something like that to bash it out with. Hairdryer? Lots of Hot Toast mabye?

Meant the ice out on the street, a rather large puddle has formed. But it is no matter, temperatures below -10 C tonight so that's re-freezing Edited by Malcador