What you did today

LadyCrimson

If they can beat out Bayern, they very well should reach the CL final.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heading out to do some work around the property and to split firewood.

Splitting firewood is fun. :thumbsup:

There is definitely something relaxing about it, isn't there?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lady GD wants a big aquarium. I started building a base for it today. There is something imminently satisfying about doing something like that yourself 

• Like 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lady GD wants a big aquarium. I started building a base for it today. There is something imminently satisfying about doing something like that yourself 

I'm envious of people who are so skilled at DIY, nice one :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

After having been able to rely on public transportation just fine all my life (living in cities) and now having moved out into the country and having to get a driver's license at the tender age of 30 I have to say...

Screw cars, screw driving, screw drivers, screw everything. 

Having no real desire to drive, nor any interest in cars *whatsoever*, this is actually easily one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in my life. To you people who actually drive *well*, kudos to you, you are awesome.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

you must have a "hell" of public transportation ;) I used to spend 2-4 hours a day driving to work and back + errands and shopping, one time I had to try the alternative for a week, it was hell on wheels, I swear I still have PTSD episodes from that time. Compared to that driving is island of sanity.

@GD, if you get the chance post photos of your achievement :)

Edited by Mor

I'm not sure I drive particularly well, but I do like being able to drive and having a car when I do want to drive. eg, I could currently walk/ride a bike to the grocery store, but carrying giant packages and/or 60+ pounds of groceries (or going to the store every single day) isn't my idea of a good time. Nor do I like spending 1.5 hrs to reach my mother when it takes 15 minutes if I drive myself.

But driving in busy commuter traffic always sucks. If I had to work a 9-5 in San Fran, I'd definitely take the train/buses, at least in good weather, even if it still felt like a pita/took longer.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sea water? I'm currently starting a sea water aquarium myself. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

After having been able to rely on public transportation just fine all my life (living in cities) and now having moved out into the country and having to get a driver's license at the tender age of 30 I have to say...

Screw cars, screw driving, screw drivers, screw everything. 

Having no real desire to drive, nor any interest in cars *whatsoever*, this is actually easily one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in my life. To you people who actually drive *well*, kudos to you, you are awesome.

It amazes me that we take teenagers, who have enough problems making good decisions, and then put them behind the wheels of cars.  I think it takes at least a few years to become a decent driver.

Just remember to drive defensively.  Always expect everyone else on the road is about to do something stupid.

• Like 1

I was a terrible teenage driver, the first year I had my license. After the first 18 months I apparently learned my lesson and I've had a super-clean record in all ways for ages since. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Shaved. 

Already starting to regret it.  I look younger and rounder of face without the beard.  (Also, it makes it clear that I really need a haircut.)  I guess paternity leave will be a good opportunity to grow it back, if I want to.  Which, by the way, should begin next week-- the doc wants to induce labor a week ahead of the estimated "due" date. 

Currently studying for an exam I'm taking in 1.5 hours.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not a whole lot going on today since I have the day off

Slept in a bit then ended up watching a bunch of Die Antwoord videos and that made me think of Bruce... :ermm:  I spend way too much time on here

About to go to the gym and try to make myself less fat

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried to watch a Rugby game (match?) the other day and man was that boring. It looks like something we played in the schoolyard in middle school :p

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Always expect everyone else on the road is about to do something stupid.

That would be me. In my Audi. But I have an Audi so I automatically get an a$$hole free-card.

Edited by mkreku
  • Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I really didn't do anything other than work in the office, eat, breathe and crap, and now I'm bored. 

Now I feel the strange sudden urge to go to a really shabby underground techno club, snort some nose candy to get high as sh!t and party super hard for two days straight, with a couple of obligatory bar fights,. That would be sweet.    :w00t::p

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Not a whole lot going on today since I have the day off

Slept in a bit then ended up watching a bunch of Die Antwoord videos and that made me think of Bruce... :ermm:  I spend way too much time on here

About to go to the gym and try to make myself less fat

Edit: Forgot to mention I tried to watch a Rugby game (match?) the other day and man was that boring. It looks like something we played in the schoolyard in middle school :p

Trust me once you get into Rugby you will realize what an absolutely exciting game it is :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been shopping for a new network card back home for when I'm at my apartment while at university. Look up this one card on Newegg that's got 5-star reviews across the board and people universally saying: "Oh, this **** works perfectly."

Go to the local Fry's Electronics and it's sold out.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Woke up this morning with a fragment of an idea for work. So I laid there in bed for nearly an hour as I was chasing it around, trying to structure it out and wotnot. I sit up, get dressed, pull out the notepad and pen to jot notes down.. and it's like "Bastard! Where did those memories go!" and I pull a blank on all that I'd been thinking about.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I spilled a bit of beer on my laptop last night.  I thought I had done a good job of cleaning and drying everything, but now the number one key won't work.  Everything else looks good.  I messed around with it a bit, and decided to order a new one online.  So I'll be stuck on number 2 for a couple days.

Plus my computer smells like beer.  Thankfully it was a delicious white IPA, so it isn't too bad.

• Like 1

Was thinking about how many games I buy, but how little time I have spent on them recently. Or I just buy more games than I can handle. My backlog has grown each year for the last 5 years. That's despite me selling off a crapton of games. It doesn't help that I'm replaying BGII and have an urge to replay FNV. Also been obsessing over PoE for the past week (I blame BGII). I was excited for the update but remembered it's mostly a bi-weekly thing. E. Fenstermaker's lore update is something I really want to read. Lore updates are always fun.

Edit: pressed the wrong button.

This also got me thinking about Obsidian's projects and how great crwod funding can be, despite me not backing anything on kickstarter anymore.

Look at The Stick of Truth and look at Pillars of Eternity. For PoE, I feel somehow involved in the process. It might be delusional, but that's how it is. We get to see so much. The Stick of Truth... we were starving for info for so long, it wasn't even funny. That's why I'm happy about another Obs KS game. Being there from the beginning, seeing how the game shapes up. Because their next published game will be like the Stick of Truth, now info for months, and then they drip feed us some small info.

Oh, I also saw Manchester City lose to Barcelona and congratulated my dad to his new job.

Edited by Labadal

I spilled a bit of beer on my laptop last night.  I thought I had done a good job of cleaning and drying everything, but now the number one key won't work.  Everything else looks good.  I messed around with it a bit, and decided to order a new one online.  So I'll be stuck on number 2 for a couple days.

Plus my computer smells like beer.  Thankfully it was a delicious white IPA, so it isn't too bad.

Well, did you take off the keys. There's a little plastic connector in the bottom. If beer traveled there it will be stuck together. I've had success with a painting brush+cleaning alcohol  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

^ Real men buy new keyboards and laugh at the smouldering remains of The One That Let Them Down.

Burn thy keyboard in a pyre of old electronics doused in petrol. Breatheth in the fumes and bellow at the sky-gods, as a warning to lacklustre consumer electronics.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Kicking back and watching B-movies on Netflix. May play a game if the mood strikes me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands