What you did today

LadyCrimson

Snow day. Just dug our walk and driveway out of 13-14 inches of medium-wet white stuff.

You're just a cigarette biat short of the good life.

Been prepping for the big case next week... Tons to do and am deathly afraid I'm going to get sick. :p

Not sure what you mean by the cigarette, but good luck with the case.

Cigarette BOAT...

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Have been off work with a horrible illness. The meds are something else. Have been deeply into 'Naked Lunch' territory. Even more bizarre, due to biblical flooding, the cellar of my house is flooding.

The prisoners down there are getting wet.

Bwahahahahahaha.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

When I was a kid, my mother would haul out this metal popcorn popper. Oil in the bottom, kernels, put lid on, loud metallic poppopops while us kids giggled. Occasionally she'd pull out the JiffyPop instead, which was even more fun. Standing around the stove (or better, a fire) and watching it expand.

By my 20's, we'd pull out ... the microwave popcorn bag. Microwaves were made for popcorn! And that's what we stuck with for ages.

But then recently, I decided to try a pre-bagged popcorn from the grocery store chip aisle. Seems no worse than microwaved popcorn. So there it is. The evolution of my preparing/eating popcorn has come down to this:

bagpopcorn1a.jpg

It's not as fun, but it sure is easy. Now excuse me while I go watch a movie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Settled into bed with some hot chocolate and a book last night.. and instead of just a chapter or three.. I ended up reading through the whole night.  Realised it had gone 9am.. and managed to snooze for a couple of hours.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When I was a kid, my mother would haul out this metal popcorn popper. Oil in the bottom, kernels, put lid on, loud metallic poppopops while us kids giggled. Occasionally she'd pull out the JiffyPop instead, which was even more fun. Standing around the stove (or better, a fire) and watching it expand.By my 20's, we'd pull out ... the microwave popcorn bag. Microwaves were made for popcorn! And that's what we stuck with for ages.But then recently, I decided to try a pre-bagged popcorn from the grocery store chip aisle. Seems no worse than microwaved popcorn. So there it is. The evolution of my preparing/eating popcorn has come down to this:bagpopcorn1a.jpgIt's not as fun, but it sure is easy. Now excuse me while I go watch a movie.

I use pre-popped exclusively, microwave stuff needs to have all sorts of funky stuff in it for the grease to keep... Downside is its cold, but...

It's cold and nasty outside, Lady GD is sick (occupational hazard being around sick people all day) so it sounds like a good day to stay on the couch, watch stuff on Netflix and make popcorn. Yes that second part just got added to the plan.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's very nice out. Going to jog for a while, then eat some boudin and habanero salsa.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Should be studying, but I'm really not in the mood. Nothing I do seem to really excite me or even cause any emotion.. Just bored and under-stimulated today.

Busy day and week ahead though so I hope that gets me energized.

Fortune favors the bald.

Call up purple hair and try somethin....exotic.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nothing more humbling than thinking you can do something in two days and it takes you five days instead.

How about thinking something is going to take you 6-12 months and it winds up taking 3,5 years?

Call up purple hair and try somethin....exotic.

Tbh I don't know if there's anything exotic, we haven't tried, that I would really want to do.

But generally a good idea, I think I'll go swing by the bar tonight, have a pint or two and go home with her.

Fortune favors the bald.

Huh... snow...

also got called attractive today, although in a sort of offhand "you're hotter than my boyfriend" way.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went out for a few drinks and conversation with some friends.

Got told by one of them, that when they have to describe me to people they say that I'm "a cross between Herr Flick of the Gestapo from 'Allo, Allo, and Nathon Fillion in Castle.."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This evening, kept trying to watch a movie. Phone rings. Back to movie. Knock at door. Back to movie. Get hungry, make a snack, back to movie.

Other than that, it was largely a snuggling with the spouse in a "we're so domestic-happy it makes you want to hurl" kind of day.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Its an absolutely stunning day in Jhb today so some friends and I took a drive outside JHB to a really good restaurant called African Swiss, its owned by an Austrian expatriate and offers very authentic Swiss, Austrian and German good. I had a delicious Cheese Fondue :)

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its an absolutely stunning day in Jhb today so some friends and I took a drive outside JHB to a really good restaurant called African Swiss, its owned by an Austrian expatriate and offers very authentic Swiss, Austrian and German good. I had a delicious Cheese Fondue :)

Ask him for Gefüllte Paprika and Wiener Gulasch! You won't be disappointed.   :w00t:  

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Heading out to do some work around the property and to split firewood. We've used up a heck of a lot of it lately.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Watched the FA cup game, surprising result but am happy for it regardless.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched the FA cup game, surprising result but am happy for it regardless.

It was an exciting game with lots of missed chances and the worst refereeing this week. Hope Arsenal reach the final. I also hope they reach the CL final. Then they get a tired squad and we'll at least get CL qualification. A man can dream.