The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

I can't remember Dandelion being a playable character in TW2.

The Succubus quest on Iorveth's path.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Don't like too much editorial interference in the gameplay. Like the map where you are knocked out and your weapons taken which is present in at the very least in every classic FPS single player. If you could play two characters at different time intervals, a la pulp fiction/GTA5 perhaps, and you could chose when to play what instead of being yanked out at inoppertune moments then it would be interesting imho. 

Dandilion needs to die. No wait, that's extreme. He needs to survive a barn fire horribly disfigured and unable to speak. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I had forgotten about Dandelion being playable in TW2.  You get to play as him for, what, all of 2 minutes?  Hopefully the second playable character in TW3, whoever it is, gets a more meaningful part.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's strange, I was somewhat enamoured of Jaskier in the novels and short stories, yet I have to agree that in the games i've not been particularly fond of the gentleman. Not hateful, but certainly not as fondly thought of as Zoltan.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

However if the sequences were done in parallel time, I think they could get away with it - i.e. you play out a gameplay sequence with Geralt then wind back time a little and have a "meanwhile..." segment.

That's kind of how I imagine this will happen.  For example, when you finally find Ciri as Geralt they will have a conversation and Ciri will recount her tale of what she went through the past few days  and you'll essentially get to play that retelling.  I guess we'll find out in February.

Yeah this seems like the most likely option for sure. We play as Iorveth, Roche, Henselt and Saskia for short sections of TW2 at a time so it's definitely not something brand new that TW3 is doing. 

Game delayed to May 2015

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/906

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Game delayed to May 2015

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/906

I really respect CDPR for pushing the game out, this is an important lesson for other companies that release unfinished games

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It sucks, but this is a better alternative to pulling an Ubisoft and releasing the game in the state AssCreed: Unity released in.  It's obviously an insanely ambitious game, so this sort of thing was bound to happen, either that or they'd have to cut scope/features or release a mess.  I've waited this long, I (begrudgingly) can wait a few more months.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"I really respect CDPR for pushing the game out, this is an important lesson for other companies that release unfinished games"

Yet, it'll still be unfinished.  That's the way game development works espicially in 2014.

\I do find it funny that when movies are 'delayed' it's seen as a bad sign most of the time but when games get delayed people either *shrug* or think it's a good thing. Even though there's no evidence  if it's good or bad.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

For a self admitted fan of the last two games, though not blind to their flaws, I find myself oddly apathetic about this news. Strange.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm dissapointed about the delay, because I want to play it... now.. But now it is going to be a nice 30'th birthday present for myself. :grin:

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm dissapointed about the delay, because I want to play it... now.. But now it is going to be a nice 30'th birthday present for myself. :grin:

Ah, bugger, thanks for pointing out that I'll be thirty by then as well... :p

Ill be 33 a couple days after it releases

You young whippersnappers, I'll be 39.  Why, I remember when we didn't have your fancy iDoodads and robot phones.  If you wanted to talk to someone across the country, you used a carrier pigeon.  Now, get off my lawn!

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You young whippersnappers, I'll be 39.  Why, I remember when we didn't have your fancy iDoodads and robot phones.  If you wanted to talk to someone across the country, you used a carrier pigeon.  Now, get off my lawn!

Ooh la-di-da with your vegetation and complex life forms, when I were a lad we 'ad it 'ard! Fields o magma as far as eye could see, and simple single celled organisms clinging to gas deposits. We could only dream o lifeforms and vegetation. Youngsters o today are bloody spoiled I tell thee.

• Like 3

Tea for the teapot!

I also greatly enjoyed the first two games in the series, and I'm also indifferent to this news.

CDPR haven't let me down yet, so I'm confident they're going to use this extra time to make the game they really want to make, and make it the best game they can.  Doesn't mean it will be perfect, doesn't mean that it'll even be the game of the year, just that it'll be the best game they can make it.  If it were another company?  Yeah... I might see a delay as a bad thing, that they were doing something stupid with the extra time ("stupid" being defined, naturally as "something I don't agree with"), but as a company CDPR have shown me that their heads are in the right place, and that as game developers they're willing to lay it all out there for the games they make.

Boils down to trust, is all it is.  I trust CDPR to use the extra time in a way that will benefit the game.  I will continue to trust them to do so until they show me they're no longer worthy of that trust, until they start doing their own brand of Stupid Things.  Developers have lost first my trust, and then even my business by doing too many such things.  I'm certain it'll happen again, too, but it hasn't happened with these guys. Not yet.

This being the case, I'm not worried about this delay in the slightest.  Game will be done when it's done.  I can wait.

CDPR has confirmed that the second playable character is indeed Ciri, and also that you will not be able to switch between the characters at will, but rather you will play as Ciri during specific parts. 

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Cool, young Ciri at Kaer Morhen.  It would be pretty sweet if we got to play through some of her witcher training, maybe even her sorceress training.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸