Dimenco no-glasses 3D TV

It uses a lenticular overlay to direct the light of underlying LCD pixels in different directions, making it a glasses-free 3D technology. Nice! Now if they would just make it in a monitor size.

I thought we were collectively over the whole 3D TV thing and 4K was the next gimmick

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Dimenco no-glasses 3D TV

It uses a lenticular overlay to direct the light of underlying LCD pixels in different directions, making it a glasses-free 3D technology. Nice! Now if they would just make it in a monitor size.

I thought we were collectively over the whole 3D TV thing and 4K was the next gimmick

This is a 4K 3D display, I believe.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

No, that's the line for 4K 3D tv's in front of Best Buy :p

All it needs is a shrine to "Steve Jobs the techno messiah" by the side of the road.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Sir, your convoy awaits...

miZ3YhG.jpg

Those sheep need a good crutching, not something the average consumer would put up with. Unless rebranded as a ewe brazilian, perhaps. Plus one of the lambs looks like it has fly strike.

Yes, I am awaiting Sheep Shearing Simulator 2014, now that you ask.

• Like 1

Sir, your convoy awaits...

miZ3YhG.jpg

Those sheep need a good crutching, not something the average consumer would put up with. Unless rebranded as a ewe brazilian, perhaps. Plus one of the lambs looks like it has fly strike.

Yes, I am awaiting Sheep Shearing Simulator 2014, now that you ask.

Can't we just have a proper new Carmageddon? You know, to deal with all the sheep... ;-)

Outcast has 24h left and it has collected $252,428 out of 600000...

gw-677.gif

sad_panda_postcard-p239588081685091378en

I hope they find an alternate way to fund this.

A couple Kickstarter funded games have recently announced release dates:

Unrest  (June 13th)   an RPG set in Ancient India

Quest for Infamy (June 26th) "Quest for Glory" style RPG / adventure game hybrid

I'm pretty interested in Unrest and was during the Kickstarter as well, not enough to back it, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading impressions/reviews of the finished product once it's released into the wild and may buy it in the future.  I like how the game takes place in Ancient India.  Pseudo Medieval Europe is such a tired and worn out setting.  Also, I like that you get to control some ordinary people during the game rather than The Chosen One.

Quest for Infamy should be right up my alley since I loved Quest for Glory so much, but I was less than impressed by what I've seen so far.  They have a demo out, though, so I'll give that a spin n the near future and find out in a more hands on fashion.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I suspect Outcast will go back to kickstarter down the line, with a rather better pitch from the get go. There's a lot more they could or should have done- get an agreement with GOG to offer the original at a discount of free for a while, for example, and some of their stretch goals were a bit off from what most would expect from KS (eg fund our console version!) as they were more of direct benefit to them than to backers.

(I don't actually have a problem with the console stretch goal personally since Outcast would be perfectly portable to a controller without losing PC functionality, but stretch goals should really be about encouraging backers to give more, not about doing things the dev wants to do. Plus, there was some ill feeling about the cancelled Outcast 2 being console only)

A couple Kickstarter funded games have recently announced release dates:

Unrest  (June 13th)   an RPG set in Ancient India

Quest for Infamy (June 26th) "Quest for Glory" style RPG / adventure game hybrid

I'm pretty interested in Unrest and was during the Kickstarter as well, not enough to back it, but I'm definitely looking forward to reading impressions/reviews of the finished product once it's released into the wild and may buy it in the future.  I like how the game takes place in Ancient India.  Pseudo Medieval Europe is such a tired and worn out setting.  Also, I like that you get to control some ordinary people during the game rather than The Chosen One.

Quest for Infamy should be right up my alley since I loved Quest for Glory so much, but I was less than impressed by what I've seen so far.  They have a demo out, though, so I'll give that a spin n the near future and find out in a more hands on fashion.

Yeah I backed Unrest at the $10 level and am pretty excited about it.  If they can pull what they proposed during the KS (i.e., players choices actually mattering) this will be a great game.  The RPG genre could definitely use greater variety in settings.

I know what you mean about Quest for Infamy.  I just started the demo; seems OK but the extremely low resolution is annoying (don't mind old school graphics but I hate playing games that use less than 25% of my monitor.

A couple more Kickstarter campaigns that interest me launched recently:

The Way - an action adventure game inspired by Another World (aka "Out of this World" in the US)

Red Goddess- a "Metroidvania" action / adventure game.  I just really like the visuals and music for this one. 

You'd think they'd learn, but no, trouble brewing with the Tex Murphy release where they're apparently forcing Steam for all backers despite an explicit prior statement that alternatives would be available for non-Steam users. This is doubly confusing because a GOG representative has claimed that GOG keys for backers have been generated and provided to the developers. So where are they? One has to wonder whether the 'partnership' with Atlus might have something to do with this mess.

Today:

Delivery of the download keys is complete at this time.

These are STEAM keys
The download is DRM FREE     (this is an option to us—it’s literally a checkbox) 
You can download the game, pull it to your desktop and never look at Steam again if that is your choice.

There is no plan I am aware of to send an additional set of GOG keys.

GOG, yesterday:

Just a quick FYI:

GOG keys have been sent out to Atlus/Big Finish and we hope that all the backers will be seeing them ASAP. Please keep in mind that there is a huge difference in time zones and that's why it looks like the GOG keys were delayed :)

Kickstarter campaign, two years ago:

Thanks for your continued feedback. We apologize for the confusion and having just spoken with the programmers I can confirm to you that "Project Fedora" will be 100% DRM-free! This means you will be able to install and play without an internet connection. We are still looking into having Steam as a distributor, however there will be an option for those who aren't interested in using Steam.

Thanks for your support!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Humanoid: That sucks. Hope it ends well, at least, without too much damage done.

Speaking of Tex Murphy - Tesla Effect, I gotta say, after 5-6 hours into it, that is a pretty darn good adventure game. A lot of value for money, and quite entertaining too. As I feel right now, of the KS games I've played so far, it's at the top of my all-category list:

1) Tex Murphy - Tesla Effect

2) Expedition: Conquistador

3) Shadow Run Returns (with Dragonfall, it would be #2)

4) Consortium

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

The 36 hours of deafening silence so far are probably the most damaging. It may or may not work out in the end, but they've already botched the customer relations aspect of the release far worse that Shadowrun initially did. It's certainly the most disappointing launch event of any Kickstarter project I've backed thus far.

This is especially true in the context that GOG provide these keys free of charge. They're quite open on the fact that the publisher of a game can request as many copies of their own game as they'd like with no restriction. Conjecture perhaps, but the feeling is that Atlus might be freaking at the notion of effectively sending two copies of the game to each backer and counting it as "lost" revenue, and thus are choosing to withhold the keys.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well I'm one of them. :p But as a bigger picture thing, I guess it also illustrates the potential pitfalls of partnering with a publisher like this. At any rate, it's backtracking on a specific commitment and it's fair enough that they're pursued for it, even if I have little doubt that a majority would have chosen a Steam key given the option. That kind of thinking, after all, is exactly what the Steam ecosystem has been engineered to nurture.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well it's taken three days, but finally a positive response that GOG keys will indeed be sent out. Happy with the outcome, if not necessarily the handling thereof, but eh, hopefully that's lesson learned.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Shiness

RPG based on a French manga - combat is based on martial arts fighting games

Quite a bit of in-work gameplay footage and in-game cutscenes and a lot of dialogue in a language they developed for the game. They're also eager to introduce the manga to new markets as the first chapter is available with all tiers, and the first volume starting at the $30 tier.

Witchmarsh A side-scrolling action RPG set in 1920s Massachusetts. Create and manage a team of investigators in a story-driven supernatural mystery. Really like the concept of this one and I'm all for RPGs that take place anywhere other than the generic Tolkien-esque medieval fantasy setting.

Also, the previously mentioned game Unrest (an RPG set in Ancient India) is now coming out on June 26th.