RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

04a643f0e0e1bb2e35aef40e48632a9d_large.p

Now that is some flatout awesome advertising art.  :yes:

They even put an Ork right in the front on account of Orks being awesome.

Edit:  I probably should have put this in the Shadowrun Returns thread, huh?  I'm an idiot.  :facepalm:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 9

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Atlus Bringing Baby Making jRPG Conception 2 to North America on Vita and 3DS

Atlus is pregnant. And Spike Chunsoft is the daddy. Together, the proud parents-to-be have unveiled a little bundle of joy named Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is on its way to North America sometime next spring.

The Persona-esque PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS role-player follows the story of a young man with special powers. In order to save the day from the monsters that plague his world, the protagonist will need to join forces with seven heroines. Together, they'll create ethereal creatures called 'Star Children' to help turn the tide of battle. Yes, it's baby-making time.

The announcement follows the birth of a strange teaser site, which launched last week. The page displayed a sonogram astride and Atlus logo and little else. It was pretty mysterious at the time. However, in hindsight, it all seems to make perfect sense. Well, everything aside from the outlandish plot, anyway.

Bruce, how jealous are you right now?  They don't even have to shoehorn in sexy time, a la BioWare or CDPR, it's an RPG based around sexy time.

:brows:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

An expansion eh? Any improvements to the engine like a free save system? If yes I might pick the game up from a steam sale when I see one.

SHADOWRUN: DRAGONFALL FEATURES

• Experience a New Full-Length Campaign: Return to the “Tech meets Magic” future of Shadowrun as you and your team of runners get drawn into a treacherous conspiracy. Operating out of an offbeat central hub neighborhood, you’ll choose which missions to accept and how you’ll approach them while navigating the dark underbelly of “the Flux”.

• An Exciting New Locale: Shadowrun: Dragonfall transports runners to the Free City of Berlin, a thrilling Shadowrun setting full of gorgeous new hi-res environments, a diverse new cast of characters, and a new soundtrack by the composer of the original Sega Genesis Shadowrun game, Sam Powell.

• Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners, each with their own outlook and backstory. Each member of your team is designed to play an interesting role during missions and has a unique set of skills, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.

• New Weapons, Cyberware, Enemies & More: Try your hand at the long-range sniper rifle, devastating grenade launcher, or stun-inducing taser. Chrome yourself out in the latest cyberware and take on deadly new enemies - including new magical creatures like gargoyles and fire drakes. Dragonfall brings a host of new items, characters, portraits, and improvements to the Shadowrun Returns experience.

• Save Anywhere: You can save your progress at any time during the game. This functionality will also be added to the original Shadowrun Returns “Dead Man’s Switch” campaign.

• New Game Editor Features: A wide range of enhancements to the game editor for community content creators - including a scripting system to better control lighting, tracking mission objectives in the main game UI, placing exploding barrels, and allowing players to input keypad passwords and custom text strings in conversations. In addition, content creators will be able to use all of the new Berlin environment art, items and characters in their own stories along with assets from the original Shadowrun Returns campaign.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall will be released January 2014 for Windows, OSX, and Linux and will be free to Backers. You’ll get the same number of Steam keys you received for the original game via our Backer website and details about how you’ll get your DRM-free version will come in a future update. Dragonfall will launch at $14.99 and we’ll also release the Shadowrun Campaign Pack on the same day. The campaign pack contains the original game and the Dragonfall expansion in one package for only $24.99. We think it’s a great way to get new players into Shadowrun. 
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm happy that I contributed to Shadowrun Returns. The exclusion of a save anywhere feature was a bummer, but it was a decent game.

I think some modder figured it out for them too.  Regardless it is good they have it in now.  I'm very happy with how they managed to capture the PnP feel of the Shadowrun universe.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I know little about Shadowrun... but that's an Ork?

In Shadowrun Elves, Dwarves, Orks, and Trolls aren't completely different species, but all offshoots of humans, called Metahumans. Hence why they don't look that different than humans. They're closer to what a Half-Elf, Half-Dwarf, Half-Orc, and Half-Troll would be in your standard generic Tolkien-esque fantasy setting.  They run the gamut from grotesque and fairly beastly looking to you can hardly tell them apart from a human. Trolls are the least human looking because of the horns and the size difference.  

races01.jpg

Dwarf, Troll, Human, Ork, Elf, in that order.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Atlus is pregnant. And Spike Chunsoft is the daddy. Together, the proud parents-to-be have unveiled a little bundle of joy named Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is on its way to North America sometime next spring.

The Persona-esque PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS role-player follows the story of a young man with special powers. In order to save the day from the monsters that plague his world, the protagonist will need to join forces with seven heroines. Together, they'll create ethereal creatures called 'Star Children' to help turn the tide of battle. Yes, it's baby-making time.

The announcement follows the birth of a strange teaser site, which launched last week. The page displayed a sonogram astride and Atlus logo and little else. It was pretty mysterious at the time. However, in hindsight, it all seems to make perfect sense. Well, everything aside from the outlandish plot, anyway.

Bruce, how jealous are you right now?  They don't even have to shoehorn in sexy time, a la BioWare or CDPR, it's an RPG based around sexy time.

Perfect. Down with guns, swords and violence. Onward with love, sex and fornication.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And it's a sequel, no less.

Still, outproducing your enemies is a tried and true strategy that works every time. Now I just need to figure out how to get my XCOM troopers to reproduce faster than those dang Chryssalids....

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Perfect. Down with guns, swords and violence. Onward with love, sex and fornication.

10/10 will play

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

:lol: I'm completely committed to the importance of Romance in RPG but this game just looks silly

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

:lol: I'm completely committed to the importance of Romance in RPG but this game just looks silly

Bruce, I'm shocked. I thought you, of all people, would be able to appreciate and embrace the aspects of different cultures' video game romances.  You need to open up your mind and allow yourself to experience the beauty and majesty of video game romances from our brothers and sisters in the Far East.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Bruce, I'm shocked. I thought you, of all people, would be able to appreciate and embrace the aspects of different cultures' video game romances.  You need to open up your mind and allow yourself to experience the beauty and majesty of video game romances from our brothers and sisters in the Far East.

Keyrock I have to honest, I'm a flawed person and still find some ideas around the implementation of Romance in certain games to be lacking. I agree I shouldn't judge but I cant help myself :blush:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Why does Garriot sound like the Deepak Chopra of video games? Half of that interview is smoke and mirrors. What the hell does "purpose-driven, rationalized events" even mean?

• Like 2

If you're anything like me, you've been eagerly waiting for a dystopian future class warfare steampunk golf game in the sky.  Well, here it is:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/20/heres-that-cyber-steampunk-golf-sim-youve-been-wanting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6t-MceE7H8

“Vertiginous Golf is set in an alternate industrially revolutionised future where life on the ground is hampered by a permanent smog which plunges its inhabitants into constant darkness and never ending rain.”

“The Vertiginous levitation system invented by Edward V Frohlich in 2006, was primarily developed to provide the upper tiers of society with a power system that could permanently levitate plots off the ground where they could build their residential houses and recreational follies high enough to be above the eternal smog and bathed in almost constant sunlight.”

What took people so long to make this type of game?

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸