What you did today

Rosbjerg

I bought an issue of PC Gamer (UK). I quickly realised why I hadn't done that in ten years or so.

I wish journalists who want to sound fancy would first figure out what those fancy words mean, before they use them.

Last one I bought was in 2006 when on a flight, only decent thing out of that was that I found out about the Witcher. Used to love that magazine from 98 to 01, was excited to get my hands on the demo CD, heh.

Malc maybe that's why you don't seem to care so much about certain social issues, like gay rights?

You may  need to get drunk more often to empathize with people...just a thought :ermm:

How you conclude the first I do not know, but the second, hardly believe getting smashed, staggering about affects one's ability to empathize

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Never been drunk myself, but being around them has left me doubtful of the benefits of being so. 

Watching a race car and driving a race car are two very different experiences.

Of course the analogy would be better if one were comparing watching a haycart, and being drunk on a haycart.

Seems more like watching Forrest Gump and being Forrest Gump (without getting rich and lucky at least once).

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I bought an issue of PC Gamer (UK). I quickly realised why I hadn't done that in ten years or so.

I wish journalists who want to sound fancy would first figure out what those fancy words mean, before they use them.

Last one I bought was in 2006 when on a flight, only decent thing out of that was that I found out about the Witcher. Used to love that magazine from 98 to 01, was excited to get my hands on the demo CD, heh.

Malc maybe that's why you don't seem to care so much about certain social issues, like gay rights?

You may  need to get drunk more often to empathize with people...just a thought :ermm:

How you conclude the first I do not know, but the second, hardly believe getting smashed, staggering about affects one's ability to empathize

Well you never seem to support any posts I make around the importance of equality. In fact most times you seem dismissive of the plight of people who are victims of discrimination, like the homophobic laws being passed in Russia

But if I have misunderstood you I apologize, its good to have other people on these forums who believe in campaigning for equal rights and making a point of rejecting comments that are about bigotry :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think you've got Malc confused with another member, Bruce. Malc's pretty cool.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think you've got Malc confused with another member, Bruce. Malc's pretty cool.

You've raised a good point, please be aware that I like Malc and his response or lack of response won't change that. This is nothing personal, its just something I wanted to clarify

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...wife threw a bit o' a do fer me last night (40th is tomorrow), so had a few cold ones wit' friends fer the first time in a while...gettin' borin' in me ol' age, apparently...more's the pity... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Happy Birthday! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

...thanks fer the b-day wishes, lads...all downhill from 'ere...hehehe... :yes:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Happy B-day Sarg.

Hm, life lesson learned this weekend :  Eating a large indian curry on the Saturday, followed by some home-cooked traditional Mexican tortillas and such with tequila on the sunday.. does not make for a happy intestinal system on the Monday...

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm older than you. :facepalm:

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The downhill slide isn't what should worry you. It's how high you were before you started sliding...

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The downhill slide isn't what should worry you. It's how high you were before you started sliding...

Does this mean that I'm concave?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...well, I's 6'7, lad, so it be pretty up there...an' now it all be sliding into me gut, or so says me rug rats... ;(

:p

I'm older than you. :facepalm:

...an' I appreciates that, lad...on the plus side, though, 'Tep, yer prettier, too...;)

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

lol just saw a satirical news report. They were asking people on the streets of Copenhagen about Syria.. My favorite part was when they got a guy to agree that Gaddafi, the dictator of Syria in Eastern Europe, should stop using chemical weapons against Narnia. :grin:

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

lol just saw a satirical news report. They were asking people on the streets of Copenhagen about Syria.. My favorite part was when they got a guy to agree that Gaddafi, the dictator of Syria in Eastern Europe, should stop using chemical weapons against Narnia. :grin:

That kind of stupidity is funny, I'm surprised that you see that from Danes? I thought you guys were generally well informed    :unsure:

John Milton 

So, I may be getting a Volvo V70 instead of a truck of any kind.

One of my friends is declaring I shouldn't get it beceause it's a "Lesbian" car, but I'm thinking more along my dads lines in that it's a "Family" car.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I took an exam and tried to play several games I like, but couldn't get into them. I have to work on a paper and presentation this week, so I will likely tell myself to bunker down but instead spend hours chatting with you fellows.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

One of my friends is declaring I shouldn't get it beceause it's a "Lesbian" car, but I'm thinking more along my dads lines in that it's a "Family" car.

The most common cab around here :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I took an exam and tried to play several games I like, but couldn't get into them. I have to work on a paper and presentation this week, so I will likely tell myself to bunker down but instead spend hours chatting with you fellows.

Hrm.

maybe we should have a work related/research related thread?

-Elwood Blues

Weird. Someone with a 'legend' fixation? Or IRGC undercover?

-Elwood Blues

Weird. Someone with a 'legend' fixation? Or IRGC undercover?

That is a tragedy, sorry to hear :(

• Like 1

John Milton 

As a Swede and an Volvo enthusiast... it's a useless, crappy, overprised, crappy, capricious car, depending on exact model you can't use a spare tyre for more than some 20km before it eats up the differential and it's crappy.

I'm not biased one bit towards the older models, not one bit. :p

If you get hold of an R version it actually does become a semi-fun car to drive. Still FWD though. And the above statements still stands.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken