What you did today

Rosbjerg

PF? Can't remember that abbreviation...

Pathfinder.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

At work currently. Think  I can get me a Ranger from California and dad swears he'll drive it to Iowa if I put 20% down on it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bloody horses got it all wrong...

Nope, didn't win anything in the office sweepstake. Ah well, there is a Melbourne Cup next year too ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Pathfinder.

Ah, not heard much about it, D&D3.5 variant or something, right?

Got a scheduled appointment to the hospital to check my iritis on the right eye, wich is'nt clear yet annoyingly. And friday evening I noticed some reddening around my left eye aswell, so I'm pretty damn certain it's started there aswell.

Started selfmedicating at once since the opthalmologists department was closed when I noticed it, and since it has'nt progressed like it did the first time and actually started to look better with the meds I'm going to assume that it's iritis.

Oh, and after going to the hospital I'm dropping in on my friends for some Only War RPG. :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Somewhat of a variant, but Pathfinder is done by Paizo and works a bit more smoothly then D&D3.5 did. In a lot of ways its more a decade of fan tweaks and house rules collected together from a huge chunk of the fanbase, tidied up and then run through some professionals.

Had some very Escher-esh dreams. Mixture of perception and weirdness, and then dreams about dreaming, and dreaming about waking up, only to actually wake up, falling asleep, and dreaming about trying to get to sleep and realising that I already was (due to weird dream stuff), and repeat through the early hours of the morning...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ah, cool. Is it a world in itself or just a ruleset in the same vein as D&D?

I've never had much contact with D&D since we've mostly been playing local games of the fantasy variety. I'm personally not a fan of systems that take actions away from the player (Such as Defence as a passive stat). We do have things like Star Wars, Wheel of Time and Midnight, but they've never been our most played games.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pathfinder per se, is a rules set. Paizo ran with it when you had all the fan kick-off over Wizards creating DnD4th Ed. (Which I have to say has some pretty art, but some pretty goddamned awful mechanics).

http://paizo.com/pathfinder

However, Paizo have also created a Campaign Setting to go along with it. Part of what helped push it is they had the big online shop set up, and they print the books but also publish pdf versions are much reduced prices as well. They also do the "loyalty" thing that if you have an account and set up a subscription you get reduced prices.

There's the "Pathfinder RPG Books" which are pretty much core mechanics and interesting variations, the "Campaign Books" which are purely setting stuff, the "Player Companion" stuff which are a mix of player options, ideas, and more fluff all wound around the Campaign setting but a lot can be used easily enough outside, and the Adventure Paths they run (which are long arc stories, publish one adventure a month, done in 6 month chunks).

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I contacted like a dozen shops for reloading equipment about the availability of a specific type of bullet. Its a great bullet, cheap, accurate, has a great crimp groove and three of my rifles love them, sadly its manufactured in Serbia and the general importer -who holds the exclusive rights to import stuff from this manufacturer- is an incompetent unreliable dimwit.
They're all sold out and don't accept backorders because availability in the coming year is highly uncertain. 

I can't even order them from overseas because the new ITAR regulations of the US prevent me from ordering parts of ammunition. No brass, no projectiles, no primers, nothing because I could be a bloody terrorist. 

Further proof that monopolies and ridiculous export regulations destroy the economy / world.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I wanna give up, not in a depressed kinda way, just in the "ugh, adult life is waaay too much responsibility" kinda way.. and I don't even have kids, so I'm also kidding myself..

Oh well, back on the horse (or whatever the equivalent English idiom is).

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

because I could be a bloody terrorist. 

Further proof that monopolies and ridiculous export regulations destroy the economy / world.

I don't think your avatar is helping.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Weird Dream - Eartha Kitt was announcing to the press that she was going to do a 90th birthday tour around the world.  She didn't explain how she would do this having, sadly, passed on a few years ago, instead dodging the question.  Nor was there any explanation as to why the press conference was happening in my shower as I was trying to get ready to go to work and, in fact, taking a shower.

If Freud taught me anything, you're obviously repressing deep and traumatic sexual urges directed at your parents.

Isn't that pretty much the response to any dream with regard to Freud?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I wanna give up, not in a depressed kinda way, just in the "ugh, adult life is waaay too much responsibility" kinda way.. and I don't even have kids, so I'm also kidding myself..

My life the post...

It's getting harder to finish that last sentence however.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The phone is nothing but a tool of evil. Nobody understands me over it.

Me: "Hello, this is (my name)."

Guy on phone: "Oh hey (my boss's name), I've been to get ahold of you."

No. No. No.

Me: "Hey, we need someone to do 1 and 2 job in Reno, NV."

Guy on phone: "Yeah, we can do that."

2 days later

Guy on phone: "Whoah whoah whoah, we don't do 2. Nobody told me about 2!"

Me: "Hey, we need someone to do 1 and 2 job in Reno, NV."

Guy on phone: "Yeah, we can do that."

1 day later

Guy on phone: "So here I am in Las Vegas, what's going on? What do you mean Reno? I can't do Reno!"

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Looks like our drunken white trash mayor is still hanging around in Toronto. What's funny is - he'll get re-elected. :lol:

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks like our drunken white trash mayor is still hanging around in Toronto. What's funny is - he'll get re-elected. :lol:

Malc I am following this story its amazing that he hasn't resigned. I saw him also getting very aggressive with journalists that were camped on his property.

Why do your Canadian politicians feel that smoking crack cocaine and getting filmed doesn't mean you should resign? You obviously don't have enough serious  social problems :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Malc I am following this story its amazing that he hasn't resigned. I saw him also getting very aggressive with journalists that were camped on his property.

Why do your Canadian politicians feel that smoking crack cocaine and getting filmed doesn't mean you should resign? You obviously don't have enough serious  social problems :p

'twould be impolite to resign and leave all those people hanging.

Had court of appeal yesterday. Full review, so everybody was heard again. Happily, they forgot to lie this time around, so it looks a bit sunnier for my client who's been in jail for almost a year now... The bad thing is that the court of appeal's in another city, one even more remote from civilization, even if a bit bigger. Had a good hotel there, but my back's killing me from the sittign and all the gear hauling I've had to do.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Pathfinder per se, is a rules set. Paizo ran with it when you had all the fan kick-off over Wizards creating DnD4th Ed. (Which I have to say has some pretty art, but some pretty goddamned awful mechanics).

http://paizo.com/pathfinder

However, Paizo have also created a Campaign Setting to go along with it. Part of what helped push it is they had the big online shop set up, and they print the books but also publish pdf versions are much reduced prices as well. They also do the "loyalty" thing that if you have an account and set up a subscription you get reduced prices.

There's the "Pathfinder RPG Books" which are pretty much core mechanics and interesting variations, the "Campaign Books" which are purely setting stuff, the "Player Companion" stuff which are a mix of player options, ideas, and more fluff all wound around the Campaign setting but a lot can be used easily enough outside, and the Adventure Paths they run (which are long arc stories, publish one adventure a month, done in 6 month chunks).

Clever move! We're not for want of fantasy RPG's up here, what with DoD (Drakar och Demoner / Dragons and Demons), Eon and others, so we never did go to that ruleset except for licenced games and just to own the books for sake of having them.

Sounds like a pretty neat book to have though, we might have to get some of them. For free. Because Sweden? It's fricking pwnge.

If you can be bothered with beaurocrazy that is. ;)

Snel hest?

Oh, right, and about the doctors from yesterday; They looked at my left eye and shrugged. Said that if it gets worse, use meds. If I run out of meds, call them for more.

._.

Edited by Azdeus

Filling out some paperwork, was obliged to re-examine correspondence from around my mum's death.

Quite saddening. But I'm proud of having kept my measure, judging by the writing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had court of appeal yesterday. Full review, so everybody was heard again. Happily, they forgot to lie this time around, so it looks a bit sunnier for my client who's been in jail for almost a year now... The bad thing is that the court of appeal's in another city, one even more remote from civilization, even if a bit bigger. Had a good hotel there, but my back's killing me from the sittign and all the gear hauling I've had to do.

"Gear hauling"?  Scandinavian litigation is weird. 

Arrogance, it has to be. People think him doing crack or being a drunk doesn't matter because hey, everyone has been drunk and no one should judge (ironically these are the same people that have orgasms over 'tough' laws on drugs or gangs). Which is depressing - large segments of my city think that their mayor hanging out with drug users, gang members or being blind drunk frequently is not a concern.

So he will be re-elected, people buy into this image of him being an average joe (why you want one of those as mayor, I do not know) :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Gear hauling"?  Scandinavian litigation is weird.

Heavy laptop, paperwork and overnight kit I had to haul around in a "city" with invisible cabs. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Arrogance, it has to be. People think him doing crack or being a drunk doesn't matter because hey, everyone has been drunk and no one should judge (ironically these are the same people that have orgasms over 'tough' laws on drugs or gangs). Which is depressing - large segments of my city think that their mayor hanging out with drug users, gang members or being blind drunk frequently is not a concern.

So he will be re-elected, people buy into this image of him being an average joe (why you want one of those as mayor, I do not know) :p

I read in the paper that it's just frustration with slick controlled politicians.

I have to say that I find the idea of anyone getting to 40+ or however old politicians are these days, without cutting loose once in a while betokens a sick mind.

I'm not endorsing crack smoking, but being wild doesn't scare me at all.

-Elwood Blues