What you did today

Rosbjerg

I'm looking forward to the daily show as soon as I'm done with work today.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Didn't have the best of nights rest, was still trying to get to sleep when 4am rolled around. Seem to have abit of a headache kicking in as lunch passes, and it's miserable grey weather with sleeting rain hammering on the windows.

Still, apparently some friends are wanting to do a Machete double-bill along with tequila and food at some point in the weekend, so that could be entertaining.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Didn't have the best of nights rest, was still trying to get to sleep when 4am rolled around. Seem to have abit of a headache kicking in as lunch passes, and it's miserable grey weather with sleeting rain hammering on the windows.

Still, apparently some friends are wanting to do a Machete double-bill along with tequila and food at some point in the weekend, so that could be entertaining.

Raithe my friend allow BruceVC to give you some sanguine tips to induce somnolence

Tequila is your friend, enough of those bad boys will keep you in a deep state of slumber -_-

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Raithe my friend allow BruceVC to give you some sanguine tips to induce somnolence

Tequila is your friend, enough of those bad boys will keep you in a deep state of slumber -_-

Bruce, for various reasons I won't go into now,  some years back I spent a month with a nice supply of tequila bottles at the bottom of the bed.  Yes, it lets you get to sleep. But overall, it's just a wee bit expensive on both the wallet and the self-respect when you do it day in day out....

• Like 1

Bruce, for various reasons I won't go into now,  some years back I spent a month with a nice supply of tequila bottles at the bottom of the bed.  Yes, it lets you get to sleep. But overall, it's just a wee bit expensive on both the wallet and the self-respect when you do it day in day out....

I can't argue with that. Some of the of most embarrassing incidents I've had has been due to Tequila.

I now am more reserved, I won't drink more than 10 Tequilas in a night (well maybe 12-14 but that's  my absolute maximum )

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On a semi-related note, the first time I had memory blank was a night out that - I am told by friends - involved 13 tequila shots, and someone finding it amusing to slip a rum shot at the end. I have one clear memory of checking my watch and seeing it being 22:13 as they were discussing leaving the pub we were at and moving elsewhere,  the next memory I have was being woken up a little after 0700 by annoyed parents pointing out I had to go in to work that very sunday....

I wish I had a memory blank from when I had that much to drink... It's close to ten years, and I still cringe and feel shame. I wonder how my mates manage doing worse things than I did and keep a clear conciense.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The secret to a clear conscience is a bad memory.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I always had a bad case of moral hangovers, until I realize that everyone actually needs to see you screw up once in a while. Now I always go for what will make a great story.. 'Cause the people we tend to love the most, are people we've seen in situations we hope never to be in ourselves.. Be stupid, you only have one chance and it's usually a lot better to regret what you've done that what you've missed.

The moral of the story, you convinced me to drink tequila tonight. ;)

Fortune favors the bald.

Always amazed at how powerful inertia is. Also I have no idea what to eat for lunch.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks for the spelling correction, that one was really bad, even for me. :S

I always had a bad case of moral hangovers, until I realize that everyone actually needs to see you screw up once in a while. Now I always go for what will make a great story.. 'Cause the people we tend to love the most, are people we've seen in situations we hope never to be in ourselves.. Be stupid, you only have one chance and it's usually a lot better to regret what you've done that what you've missed.

The moral of the story, you convinced me to drink tequila tonight. ;)

tThe problem is... I also feel ashamed for my friends actions. I've seen my friends do things that are ludicrously embarrassing... but I feel worse about it than they do. >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got frustrated, I got angry, I lashed out at the wrong person.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

The secret to a clear conscience is not to have a conscience in the first place.   :yes:

What I did today: Almost killed an old lady and myself today, on a really fast downhill section I was doing approx a 100 on my bicycle (Still within the speed limit) when this old women on the sidewalk suddenly decided to cross the street right in front of me without looking for traffic.

It happened so fast I couldn't even brake, I missed her by mere centimeters and almost slid into the guide rail. Had I been a car I totally would have turned her body into ragout. This is how deadly accidents happen.

The three most dangerous accidents / near accidents I had in my life were all caused by confused old people. Coincidence? I think not. I have nothing against old people but the stupid and mentally challenged ones should be put on a leash or exiled to a deep well where they cannot harm the living. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I don't want to sound harsh, but do you not think it was slightly excessive to be speeding like that? People expect fast moving traffic to have motors in. Motors you can hear.

I'm not saying the old lady shouldn't have listened, but don't you think you'd feel awful if you actually hit and killed someone?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

When was the last time you crossed an express way with fast vehicles on it only listening and not watching for traffic? If I would only listen instead to look for traffic I would have died so many times its not even funny.

No, I don't think I would have shed a single tear. Stupid people do stupid things that kills 'em. Happens a thousand times / day all over the world. I just prefer them doing their stupid things far away from me.

There was a big study done here that tried to determine why it's often women pedestrian and bicycle riders that die in accidents..

Turns out they trust male drivers too much.

Fortune favors the bald.

Alright, so what do you think it would be like to be sitting stationary on your bike, and have an old lady fired at you?

-Elwood Blues

Alright, so what do you think it would be like to be sitting stationary on your bike, and have an old lady fired at you?

Depends. Are we talking about a full metal jacket or hollow point old lady?

There was a big study done here that tried to determine why it's often women pedestrian and bicycle riders that die in accidents..

Turns out they trust male drivers too much.

I think pedestrians get too much trust. Thats why bicycle riders AND all sorts of other vehicles run them over so often.

Thing about pedestrians is they're harder to predict and more mobile because they can change direction, start & stop, etc quickly. 

Mind you the problem with 18 wheelers is that they're very big and less mobile and slower to stop so essentially you're always screwed being in between those two end posts.

At least here they do sensible things, like make it a law to stop for people in crosswalks.  And then put convenient bus stops at the cross walk so, in theory, bus riders don't have far to go if they have to cross the street but the practical result is that no one knows if the people are waiting to cross or waiting for the bus...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So I beat my personal record and made out with about 24 girls tonight.. The thing is we never even had to tell them we would donate money for every kiss I made on camera, they were just on board (ego boost right there hehe).. All in the service of a good cause though and I think we're gonna be sending about 400$ to cancer research.

That being said, it's pretty intimidating to make out in front of a camera crew and in spotlight.. But there'll be a youtube video at some point - I'll be sure to share it.

Of course I still went home alone, so not that awesome an evening. ;)

• Like 7

Fortune favors the bald.

So I beat my personal record and made out with about 24 girls tonight.. The thing is we never even had to tell them we would donate money for every kiss I made on camera, they were just on board (ego boost right there hehe).. All in the service of a good cause though and I think we're gonna be sending about 400$ to cancer research.

That being said, it's pretty intimidating to make out in front of a camera crew and in spotlight.. But there'll be a youtube video at some point - I'll be sure to share it.

Of course I still went home alone, so not that awesome an evening. ;)

Well done Ros. The highest number I've ever gotten to was 3 in a night, and I didn't even raise any money. I did have a good time with one of them afterwards though.

All I've done tonight is have a drink and work on a paper.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

*sigh* depression is getting its claws deep in me... it's insidious in that it strikes when I'm not in a position to do anything about it.

Although being a-social doesn't help in the least.

And nobody give me the trite "Go to a bloody bar!" BS that's always spouted off. It's to loud for me to go there, and I feel I can't get out of my current cycle of doom that is "Work or class every goddamn day of your life BWAHAHAHAAHA!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've never kissed more than 2 girls in one night and that's only happened twice but both times I took both of them home with me so I can't complain

Today has been all work, work and more work aaaand I get to work Sunday too. Joy

PS free games in the STEAM thread

Free games updated 3/4/21