What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Started a new heart of the swarm game on a whim, been trying dcu:o but just can't get into it that easily.

Also Wow and a few other things

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Payday 2 with three friends. Sure is fun to plan out a stealthy approach to some missions, although it just turns into Heat most of the time.  Tempted to cheat a bit and watch how some others do it, but is more fun to figure it out ourselves.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Beat the fourth boss in Valdis Story. That was an annoying fight. And when I finally beat her, I realized I had forgotten to use my new ability to summon a crew member to assist me during fights. That could have made things easier...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

twisted metal black, league of legends, batman origins, mercenary kings

i need to complete batman, its been languishing too long on my desktop, installed and unfinished

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I enjoyed the Amazing Spider-Man game a lot.

How is the story?

Part of what interests me with the Batman games is that, while the stories aren't always great, they're more interesting and a lot more thought put into them than just your typical fighting game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

hm, I have to admit, I haven't really been tempted by the new Batman game.  Origins just seems to be the same old stuff recycled without anything actually new added to the mix to make it interesting.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Making deliveries in the Shantaemobile in Euro Truck Simulator 2 (62 hours and counting). I just expanded my Paris garage to the larger 5 bay garage. Now I just need to buy 2 more trucks and hire 2 more drivers and Keyrock Logistics will be up to 10 drivers. I'm up to level 26, a couple more levels and I'll be able to buy the beefiest engine (750hp) for the Shantaemobile (Volvo FH16). By then, I should also have enough money to open up a 3rd garage somewhere.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

hm, I have to admit, I haven't really been tempted by the new Batman game.  Origins just seems to be the same old stuff recycled without anything actually new added to the mix to make it interesting.

i got it for free and, being a huge fan of the first game and a big fan of the second game, believe its not worth more than half price.  its got a few improvements over the first two, but several elements are actually worse.  i give it a B- (though im only ten hours in, so maybe it gets better?)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Having more fun than I thought with the fourth edition of Assassin's Creed on the fourth version of the Playstation. The Caribbean jungles look as good as the Far Cry 3 jungles on my 7850 PC. I've never played an AC game before, but it's turning out to be fun. I was afraid it would be too much on rails, but the pace feels good and open enough, at least after the first chapter. Sound design is particularly good, too.

Killzone: Shadowfall, on the other hand, looks bonkers, too, but isn't as fun as I'd hoped. I'm glad I bought it, but maybe I'm just not that into straight shooters. Lego Marvel Super Heroes will be here tomorrow ... pretty excited for that after all the positive reviews.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Just had a great time in some BF4 with some coworkers over lunch :D

Battlefield 4 matches at work?! Lunch breaks?!

*gets ready to blame all the DA:I bugs on Alan*

Still slowly working my way through Dark Souls. Had a little bit of trouble last night when my controller decided that R1/R2 no longer wanted to work while I was going through the Tomb of the Giants leading to a couple deaths before I realized what was going on. Had to borrow my brother's controller instead. I took down the Four Kings and Nito and I think I'll go after Seath next.

Finally got enough titanite chunks to upgrade my claymore up to +15. Zweilhander is nice and all, but I like the versatility of the claymore with it's thrusting attack so I've stuck with that instead. Still haven't really settled on which armour I like best. I've most been mix and matching depending on the what I'm looking for specifically. Using a combo of Black Iron and Elite Knight for general purpose protection to keep me under 50% equip without Havel's ring. Toss on Havel's armour when I just want to wail on something and tank the hits with that massive poise.

Lost internet and TV yesterday during the lovely mess in the Midwest and was confined to the house due to a state of emergency in town, so ended up hitting some of the single-player games I'd installed but never run.

Tried RealMyst for nostalgia, but looks like I need to do a bit of tinkering to get it actually running.

Played straight through To The Moon. Not ashamed to admit I teared up a bit; will definitely go for their next game.

Played the start of Dust An Elysian Tail. Never really been into the genre before but it's beautifully crafted and enjoyable, even using a mouse and keyboard.

I enjoyed the Amazing Spider-Man game a lot.

How is the story?

Part of what interests me with the Batman games is that, while the stories aren't always great, they're more interesting and a lot more thought put into them than just your typical fighting game.

It's basically the continuation of the movie.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Getting a bit annoyed with Enemy Within's mission design, where it seems the only real challenge to the new style mission, be it Exalt, Progeny, or erm, whale, is just to spawn enemies over and over. It kind of just encourages metagaming where you are more or less drilled into anticipating the spawn points and camping them, lest one appear out of sight and ambush you.

It's interesting to do new stuff, or at least newly painted stuff, but has any of it really made the game fundamentally better? Other than the new maps, I'd argue not really.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

In Enemy Within, the Base Defense mission was pretty awesome, and I'm enjoying the whole genetic modification aspect.  I really enjoyed one crashed UFO mission on top of a large office building.  

It's not that much different than the base game, I'll admit.  

Xcom - enemy within, on impossible Ironman. My chances of making it past the third council report are miniscule, but I'm going down fighting. 

Die with your boots on.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Xcom - enemy within, on impossible Ironman. My chances of making it past the third council report are miniscule, but I'm going down fighting. 

I'm too much of a wuss to try Ironman.  I'm more stressed about a bug or a glitch killing off my best soldiers than anything else.

I haven't experienced any bugs that would do that yet in EW, the only bugs I've had are a couple of crashes and occasionally after giving a soldier an order the game doesn't execute it and becomes stuck in spectator mode, forcing me to close the program down and reload.

I've been playing classic ironman with all the second wave options turned on and all the dlc council missions. I've actually successfully completed all three sling-shot missions this run. Not touched the meld research yet but I have laser rifles and carapace armour so I guess I'll be trying those next.

Edited by Serrano

CK 2: Sons of Abraham

Messed around with the Jewish Khan for a while, but everyone wants your ass. 

Made a custom female count in Ireland, cathar religion, so far I haven't seen any of the new heresy stuff, but I guess I have to make it grow. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif