What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Finished the main story in Batman Arkham Origins.  The Bane fight was pretty epic.  I liked the fact it took a bit of planning, rather than just straight on button mashing.  The main story seemed a lot shorter than Arkham City, however.  But maybe I'm just not remembering AC correctly.

While I actually liked the main story, it was a bit disappointing IMO, in that it was the same old same old.  Without ruining it with spoilers,

I was looking forward to a new antagonist this time around, rather than the twist halfway through and reveal of who the main villain was.

Solid game, but I think I prefer Arkham City just slightly more.  Except for that stupid diving/gliding mission with Ra's al Ghul.  Hated that with a passion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

While I actually liked the main story, it was a bit disappointing IMO, in that it was the same old same old.  Without ruining it with spoilers,

I was looking forward to a new antagonist this time around, rather than the twist halfway through and reveal of who the main villain was.

They've made a prequel probably just so they could do that. Again. I'm hoping they'll finally do something new in the future but I wont be surprised if they find a way to include this again.

Edited by Fighter

Been playing the Bravely Default demo more than I have played my regular games. Love this thing.

I'm so jealous right now.  Us Muricans haven't gotten a demo yet.  That game makes it look like there may yet be a little bit of Square left in Squeenix.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Pandora : First Contact

It's kicking my butt even on the easier settings. I've played 2 games so far and in the first game I got wiped out pretty quickly and in the second game the science guy won a science victory (go figure). 

The question is, is it even remotely like SMAC?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Other questions are: Are the factions interesting? Is research any good? Is diplomacy worthwhile? How is faction AI when it comes to diplomacy? Does it manage to stand on its own feet and not just come across as a SMAC fan project?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's a lot like SMAC but maybe a little more streamlined 

Research is fun and a little randomized. Designing and refitting units is easy and interesting but I do wish it was a little more varied. Diplomacy is a little weak in my opinion but maybe it's more because I played it on easy but there are also some options that I think are missing. The AI is a little wonky but again it could have just been because I was playing on easy but the AI didn't seem to ever refit units or use operations against me

Free games updated 3/4/21

Nearing the end of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I received Fire Emblem and Pokemon in the mail Friday, so I'm hoping to give them a try tonight.

It's a solid Ace Attorney installment. Probably not the best, not the worst. If you're a fan, it's pretty much more of the same. Interesting new characters, good cases.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finally won in Pandora: First Contact with a domination victory

I bumped up the difficulty level but shrunk the map. The AI has a tendency to fill every nook and cranny with cities and spam units which it never upgrades. It wasn't uncommon for me to be outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 and still win or at least end a draw (meaning that we both died) just because I constantly upgraded my units.

Overall, I like the game well enough but I think I'll let it marinate in a few more patches before I go back to it

Free games updated 3/4/21

Been playing the Bravely Default demo more than I have played my regular games. Love this thing.

I'm so jealous right now. Us Muricans haven't gotten a demo yet. That game makes it look like there may yet be a little bit of Square left in Squeenix.

There are a few people from Square Enix that have been involved but other than that, the game wasn't developed by SE themselves.

I'm so jealous right now. Us Muricans haven't gotten a demo yet. That game makes it look like there may yet be a little bit of Square left in Squeenix.

There are a few people from Square Enix that have been involved but other than that, the game wasn't developed by SE themselves.

Well, it looks more like a Square game than anything Squeenix has published in nearly a decade.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing two games of Xcom, one with gene mods and the other with mechs.  I came to realize that I'm completely uncomfortable lopping off the limbs of my soldiers, so I'm going to drop the mech game and stick to the genetics.

I'm not there yet, but I intend to RP it a bit by only augmenting soldiers who have been gravely wounded. At which point I'll go all David Sarif on them even if technically they've just made a full recovery...

I'm still waiting for the Toolboks to start my 'serious' playthrough, but I've just started and restarted some CI games a few times with different Second Wave options (and then terminating those games as soon as one trooper dies), trying to find the right balance between meld acquisition and my normal defensive play.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finally found all the Riddler blackmail files.  That was a lot easier than the Riddler trophies in Arkham City.  I've even found 20 of the 25 or so Anarky symbols and 4 of the 7 Pinkney plaques.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Burial at Sea. It's a very pricey DLC, so if you don't have the season pass, don't buy it. Took me just 5 hours to complete in 1999 mode. The first hour was very awesome. Seeing Rapture the day before it collapse and meeting Sander Cohen was definitively the highlight of the DLC. But the rest was a letdown. Choosing a shopping mall as the main location didn't feel like the Rapture in the original Bioshock.

I'm really beginning to feel a certain empathy for Emperor Zinyak in Saint's Row 4, the gentleman is rather magnificent.

Shame about Earth though what.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm really beginning to feel a certain empathy for Emperor Zinyak in Saint's Row 4, the gentleman is rather magnificent.

Shame about Earth though what.

Zinyak is an absolute delight.  In a game filled with fun characters and great voice acting, Zinyak EASILY steals the show.  He is a treasure.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just finished my base defense mission in Xcom, what a crazy fight that was.  I managed to pull it out with only two casualties, although every single person is in the medbay at this point.  The two I lost were base security guards, I was surprised they didn't show up on the memorial or anything.  Plus I had two other guards survive and I wish they could become regular troops after what they did.  Ah well, it was still a blast, thank goodness for my sniper's radar boosters and heavy explosives.

Why are the Batman games the only decent action games for superheroes?  Spiderman, especially, you'd think the setting would be conducive to an action game, what with the web swinging through the city and the villains he faces, etc.