What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Changed my vocation to a Magic Knight, finally. It's what I wanted to be from the beginning. Have only fought a few big monsters but the fights were fun. My pawns are also mostly magic knights. I really hope there is a sequel with some improvements to this entertaining game.

Great Cannon is awesome. But it's best to spawn 4 orbs and hit away. :D I like Magick Archer even more.  :) And yes, a sequel with some improvements everywhere would be awesome.

• Like 2

1.13 killed off Ja2.

BF4. I'm slowly getting the hang of it but I feel like it's trying to be to dusty and movement heavy for me. I don't mean mobility, I mean everything moves and explodes so it can be harder to pick out an enemy that's fighting you. I'm sure this is realistic but it's frustrating to say the least.

At the same time I'm not sure I like the unlock system. It feels like they spread it out to much, in order to unlock guns you need to kill with that type of gun, and in order to unlock other things you just need the package. It feels like I'm being penalized for not showing up at the very beginning because my terrible weapon can't hit a gnat point blank, while the guys with more advanced weapons are hitting gnats from across the field. I've gotten most of my kills with a pistol (of all things) and a sniper rifle. And I'm usually a TERRIBLE sniper, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing overall. 

On the positive side I like the fact that they've made the SOFLAM into a binoc-style thing instead of "Point and forget" which cuts down on outright bottleneck camping, and makes it so that things you target can't just get at an odd angle and kill your SOFLAM. Which brings up another thing for me. It feels like the maps don't have proper... choke points. Admittedly I've only played for a few days but it feels like the maps don't have anything to really funnel the fighting and create "Fronts" like in previous games/maps. Instead it's much more spread out and thus the teams leak like sieves so you're often just outright killed by a guy you didn't know existed who managed to just walk around behind your entire army/squad and shoot you.

I donno, maybe what I'm feeling is from me going into larger servers that are rife with cheaters (at this stage I'm betting the security teams haven't quite caught up to the cheaters) but it just feels like I'm outclassed and won't get myself back into my class until I find a smaller CQ style map to fight on (even though battlefield is built around armored combat, I still prefer up close and personal as it's a lot gentler to learn with.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Eh, I still have the starter assault rifle and do well with it.  I don't find there to be a significant boost in terms of weapon unlocks.  Maybe I will later.  The single player campaign can unlock some pretty good weapons too (based on the choice I made, I got the M249 which I like due to its expansive magazine size).

The biggest thing I find is the optics, which you usually get after 10 kills which isn't too bad (dropping iron sights is so useful IMO).

Edited by alanschu

Ashamed to say that i'm thoroughly enjoying Saints Row 4, for a man of restrained sensibilities and serious disposition this seems an extremely unlikely pick, however i'm chuckling away at every not so gentle ribbing and broad display of humour. I feel a little guilty, and am left idly wondering if some of the targets skewered by the games satirisation are going to sue.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Changed my vocation to a Magic Knight, finally. It's what I wanted to be from the beginning. Have only fought a few big monsters but the fights were fun. My pawns are also mostly magic knights. I really hope there is a sequel with some improvements to this entertaining game.

Great Cannon is awesome. But it's best to spawn 4 orbs and hit away. :D I like Magick Archer even more.  :) And yes, a sequel with some improvements everywhere would be awesome.

magic archer ended up being my favorite class, it surprised the heck out of me but they have some of the coolest skills in the game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Tried out DotA2 for the first time, got called a "n****r" as soon as I joined a game, multiple times, uninstalled.

Ashamed to say that i'm thoroughly enjoying Saints Row 4, for a man of restrained sensibilities and serious disposition this seems an extremely unlikely pick, however i'm chuckling away at every not so gentle ribbing and broad display of humour. I feel a little guilty, and am left idly wondering if some of the targets skewered by the games satirisation are going to sue.

The parodies of other games, like the psuedo-16 bit sidescrolling brawler are what makes the game great. I still feel The Third was the best of the series.

• Like 1

Make sure to get that spinning melee attack. I can't remember if you earn it as a fighter or what. It turns Great Cannon into the framerate destroyer.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tried out DotA2 for the first time, got called a "n****r" as soon as I joined a game, multiple times, uninstalled.

The parodies of other games, like the psuedo-16 bit sidescrolling brawler are what makes the game great. I still feel The Third was the best of the series.

Like Streets of Rage? If so i'm very much looking forward to it. Think i'll have to acquire the third game, appreciate the recommendation.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

They did a really fantastic job of playfully poking fun at everything and everyone, themselves included.  I do wish the game did more of that and less complete X number of side missions to continue the plot.  The Enter the Dominatrix DLC, while quite short, takes what's already a completely bonkers game from ludicrous speed straight to plaid.  Whatever pieces of wall #4 remain after the base game get pulverized, burnt to ashes, then flushed down the toilet.  If you see it on a Steam sale or something on the cheap I highly recommend picking up that DLC, at full price I can't recommend it because of it's (lack of) length.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Make sure to get that spinning melee attack. I can't remember if you earn it as a fighter or what. It turns Great Cannon into the framerate destroyer.

Now I must try this.

Like Streets of Rage? If so i'm very much looking forward to it. Think i'll have to acquire the third game, appreciate the recommendation.

Yeah, it's called Saints of Rage. Don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled. I was impressed by the fact that they came up with a shader to make the normal 3D game content look like a 16-bit era game.

• Like 1

Streets of Rage.

nonek is now my bro.

Streets of Rage for lyfe!!1!!!!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

A little guilty? I'm surprised that someone of your maturity and intelligence can actually make a post that you are enjoying SR4. I would take a very deep and introspective look at the psychological reasons that you would enjoy this type of game, after that I would consider some kind of therapy. You can be saved but only if you act quickly. Your post clearly demonstrates that you are ...you are.,..you are....human ?

:p

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Closing in on the final mission/battle for Batman Arkham Origins.  I've been spending time doing the little trophy hunts the past day or so.  Some of these Riddler blackmail files are difficult to capture.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bought Wasteland. Again. 25 years later. Omg, I am old.

Damn, user interfaces have evolved since 1988. FOR THE BETTER.

Don't you think some older games are best kept in the nostalgic archives and never revisited in case the gaming experience isn't what you remember it to be?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't you think some older games are best kept in the nostalgic archives and never revisited in case the gaming experience isn't what you remember it to be?

That's how I view ex-girlfriends.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

OTOH some games age remarkably well and have true staying power which wouldn't be discovered if they're never revisited. ()

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Only if they suck.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Call of Boredom - Ghosts. It even had Inception ZOOOMMMMSSS at the end.

I cannot understand how this POS can make millions of dollars. In fact, this is one of the worst shooter games I've played in the past few years. Not even the graphics can save the game this time. Washed out textures everywhere, recycled animations everywhere,... The only good thing was the dog scenes and that's what... 20 minutes in the whole game.

The story was so dumb, I think it really happened: Monkeys can use typewriters now.

It's not even a MURICA F* YEAH! thing, but this whole we so Ghosts, we so cool, we so badass, we so stealthy (wipes out enemy base with hundreds of enemy soldiers with huge explosions, guns blazing), GHOSTS! GHOSTS! GHOSTS! + all the people who die as heroes (of course) in a stupid mission, for absolutely nothing.

Ehw. I need to delete this game and never ever touch it again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."