What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

First AC is the best, platforming wise and combat wise. Later games just keep adding a few gimmicks and the combat turns more and more into Arkham Asylum the more you progress through the series.

It also avoids the terrible conspiracy storyline until 99% into the game. Also, best protagonist without a horrible fake Italian accent.

Couldn't agree more, sure the apple and alien tech was pretty cliche, but it was with Ezio it got downright ridiculous. From Ezio they started taking themselves serious when they shouldn't and getting unintentional funny when they especially shouldn't. Ruined the game, it had a lot of potential from the first game - sure it was campy, but it was Sci-fi campy in a fun way.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, I liked Altair the best of all the AC protagonists.  Largely because, perhaps, he was the most mysterious and didn't dwell on his childhood.  Conor is my least favorite, largely because a lot of these sequences seem to be repeating the previous one, with just a different name for the end boss.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well I'm playing many things at the same time... :)

- Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind

- Disiples III : Renaissance

- Might & Magic : World of Xeen

- Diablo III

- Phantasy Star II (on Fusion emu)

- Magic the Gathering DOTP 2013

- SW KOTOR2

- Mass Effect

and about a hundred more that I have to finish... :p

I don't care about the story in the least bit.  I don't care if the templars are killing assassins or assassins are killing templars or they're both burning down orphanages.    I don't care about the protagonists, I don't care if they speak with a funny accent, I don't care if they speak Pig Latin.  All I care about is jumping on rooftops.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't care about the story in the least bit.  I don't care if the templars are killing assassins or assassins are killing templars or they're both burning down orphanages.    I don't care about the protagonists, I don't care if they speak with a funny accent, I don't care if they speak Pig Latin.  All I care about is jumping on rooftops.

Assassin's Creed III allows you to jump through the branches of trees, on top of the rooftop hopping. ;)

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Assassin's Creed III allows you to jump through the branches of trees, on top of the rooftop hopping. ;)

Black Flag has you jumping about in the rigging of ships.

I still maintain that Brotherhood was probably the best in the series, followed by Revelations. 3 just got weighed down to much within it's story, and 4 is to much "yay boat!" stuff.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, but those branches suuuuuck. And all the rooftops are pretty short.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

3 is in Colonial America, right?  I figure buildings in Colonial America weren't nearly as tightly packed together as they were in Renaissance Europe, nor as tall in most cases.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 is in Colonial America, right?  I figure buildings in Colonial America weren't nearly as tightly packed together as they were in Renaissance Europe, nor as tall in most cases.

I believe the developers have gone on record and said that from their research of colonial Boston, New York, and New Jersey, their renditions of those cities are 3 times bigger than they actually were in those times. Though if they had gone with a much more true-to-life design they would have been far less interesting places to traverse than Middle-age Jerusalem or Renaissance Venice.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Yeah, but those branches suuuuuck. And all the rooftops are pretty short.

Those branches really do suck.  All those "synchronization" tasks where you have to get to the highest point of a given structure and hit the synchronize button for the tree areas, I didn't manage to do 90% of them because of the awkward tree climbing.

Hopping from tree limb to tree limb wasn't so bad, it was just scaling trees to the tops that made me frustrated.

Played a bit more Warfare: European Escalation. I really need to RTFM but in lieu of that have figured out how to deploy more resources. What I cant figure out is refueling / repair. The first time the supply trucks were deployed by the computer, simply placing my other units (tanks & recon) within the yellow circle radius of the supply truck automatically started the refueling / repair. This time, after taking over the enemy HQ, I was able to drive my empty supply trucks to their base and fill them back up but even with my other units within the yellow circle the auto refuel / repair does not initiate. Anyone know how to start this process?

I've started replaying Neverwinter Nights 2 with 3d glasses. It works surprisingly well actually, I've found most isometric games do not translate well to 3d because the camera angles hide the effect of things coming out of the screen or the sensation that's you're looking through a window. In NWN2 you very much get the 3d effect. That combined with the fact that I can finally play the game with all the graphics turned up and not suffer any lag makes the game feel new again. Score :dancing: .

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 2

I've started replaying Neverwinter Nights 2 with 3d glasses. It works surprisingly well actually, I've found most isometric games do not translate well to 3d because the camera angles hide the effect of things coming out of the screen or the sensation that's you're looking through a window. In NWN2 you very much get the 3d effect. That combined with the fact that I can finally play the game with all the graphics turned up and not suffer any lag makes the game feel new again. Score :dancing: .

You can actually play NWN2 without any lag!?  What are you running like 3 Titans in SLI or something?

:shifty:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Good to see Max is an idiot in Max Payne 3, two instances of cutscene stupidity so far.

Eh, you are playing a game called Max that does not involve a psychotic white rabbit...

I suppose it makes sense given his constant reminders that he is a has been and has slipped, barring his Miles Teg esque combat abilities in the games. I wonder what Brazilians thought of the game, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still working my way through LA Noire. Much more fun than I thought it'd be. Although I still can't quite judge the interviews correctly. I can't get out of the habit of assuming my OWN questions will reflect what I'd ask, rather than what Phelps will ask.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Lately, been putting some time into Battlefield 4.  Honestly, I enjoy the team effort in BF games as compared to COD games.  And the vehicles and maps are nice.  A little Batman: Arkham Origins which has been pretty good.  Enjoying the "badassness" Batman is exuding at the beginning of the game so far.   Besides that, a little PoE which I've always enjoyed. 

Finished AC III's main story quest.  Dumb final few missions, IMO.

Decided to buy Batman Arkham Origins.  It was either that, CoD Ghosts, or one of the older games I hadn't played yet.  I went with Batman because I liked Arkham City and figured it's a good bet I'd like this one too.  CoD, the novelty would probably wear off after playing for a couple of days.

Finished Memoria.

WHO IS CUTTING ONIONS IN HERE?!

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Path of The Exile, pretty good so far (around lvl 15). Kinda half way between Titan Quest and Diablo in tone and setting.

Love that game, the highlight is the endgame maps.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif