What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

That is priceless, you can see why the makers might grow a trifle exasperated when having to stomach advice from such barely literate cry babies. When did all this bawling for emotional engagement begin, and why are people so oblivious to the irony of a nice little satire like the Stanley Parable, the game is not exactly subtle in its approach.

Edit: I notice they haven't fixed the weird hip and crotch animations in DE:HR.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Haha yeah that pretty much convinced me too - for those interested:

"People play games because of what the can do inside them, and your game is very good at letting them know THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING."

I like this gentleman has the game confused with his wife.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, played 2 turns of Dragon Commander, had my first very anti-Heroic battle, so time for a quick-first impression.

I suck at RTS. I suppose the X-com talk about 'classic' pushed me into 'normal' without me having the skill for it. Sure, the game gave me 20% chance to win my first battle, and I actually won, but the way I did... let's say anti-heroic does cover it pretty well :).

So I got dropped off with my troops. Being of the Age of Empires and Red Alert RTS generation and not liking much of the recent stuff I just build a few troops hoping to explore a bit. Meanwhile my enemy churned out troops like it was Supreme Commander, and it took about a minute or 2 before the map turned red. My meager troops got crushed trying to take a third base. From then on continues small assaults on me where happening.

How did I win?

Since it kept sending small attachments of troops to me, I could easily kill them with my Dragon, then heal up. In the meanwhile I amassed an army at my gates, waiting for enemies that surpassed my dragon. After a small while the population pool was depleted, and the nutricion battle started. Since the enemy still only send a few troops, I could easily kill thousands of opponents with my dragon. Eventually his units ran out, and I murdered his entire base.

As said, super anti-climactic, or even well played, just turtling and then going in for the kill. But I kinda have a feel more battles will end up like that. And that's, not exactly fun. Reminds me why I hate modern RTS again. Oh well, being a Dragon is fun (much more than the RTS), as is the talking and making decisions and stuff, so let's see what continuing brings me...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Act 1 the AI is forgiving on normal. So he only sends troopers after you at first. Since they can't shoot airborn targets you are fine. Later on it wont be that easy. The idea is to grab recruitment citadels as fast as possible and hold them against the enemy. On casual you can just play in Dragon form. On easy it works unil Act 3. Then the opponent is likely to have far too many troops in each territory.

The difficulty levels mostly affect how aggressive and how fast the AI builds units.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Accidentally deleted my Assassin's Creed III save at the 10th chapter. :(

No way am I starting over.

Tried Battlefield 3 and Far Cry 3. Both on easy. I deleted both games after playing and embarrasing myself. I think that if I could actually play first person shooter, I would have had a great time with FC3. BF3 felt like I didn't control my character half of the time.

I also tried th Giana Sisters game. It was okay, I guess. Nice visuals and good music.

Edited by Labadal

I just found a workaround for the abysmal Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Perf. It's like a bad joke.

Leave Chrome up when I launch the game. What the heck did they do to this engine?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Act 1 the AI is forgiving on normal. So he only sends troopers after you at first.

Not my experience. He quite quickly came around with transports and those spiderthingies who do shoot airborne. Nothing hit-and-run didn't fix, the AA-turrets are worse.

Anyway, second RTS battle was a joke, blizkrieged the enemy in 7 minutes. Took so long since I paused, otherwise it probably would be 2 minutes. So easy.

Third RTS battle again was nuttricion. U shape, bases on both sides, middle point the interesting thing. Enemy did try to drop some enemies on my shores, but those were easily slaughtered. Wiped up the middle, he surrendered.

And that were the 3 RTS-battles of Act I. Did the rest on auto-resolve, much better.

Started Act II and already lost quite a few units in the first turn! Figured those ships on the water, since in neutral, where to be captured. Instead shot down my transport holding 5 troopers. ****. Also 2 other transports where apparently on the map (didn't see them), and retreating one got ripped apart. Next round I landed somewhere, only to learn they had no load. So it's the long way back to my country again to fill it. Great start there...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Hubby managed to get enough achievement "points" finished in BL2 to reset the BA ranks on one character. It's a lot of work...the amount you have to get to 4 or 5 is pretty insane. He just wanted to see what it entailed. Me, I think it's easier to just start a new chr., rush 'em to Sanctuary, give them cash and do the stupid easy stuff (like buying the 'item of the day' from machines) then repeat, if you just want more BA ranks.  

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished Chapter 1 of Demonicon. The game seems to be quite long, story is good and it is a truly delight for the DSA aficionado. Truly unexpected from an unknown German studio. Even the main characters are quite likable, and (German) voice-over is excellent.

I've also started to warm to the combat. Once you unlock some combat moves and spells, it becomes enjoyable rather than merely servicable. It might even be a bit too easy on default difficulty.

Overall I think this game may actually exceed Drakensang: River of Time. It is certainly better than Drakensang: the Dark Eye, in fact it is interesting to juxtapose the two games considering they both take place in the same time period.

Not to forget, later this year there will be Blackguards; and with the Blade of Destiny remake (which albeit turned out an abomination) this basically means we get to see all major parts of Aventuria in video game format. It's a not a bad time to be a DSA fan at all.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Assassin's Creed III seems to be a wide open space of nothing to do compared to previous versions.  Maybe it's just the early stages, but I'm at Sequence 5 and there's only the main quest and a couple of hunter challenges to do.  It's just wide open terrain with not a whole lot of fun stuff.

Also, the protagonist (so far) is so much more a boring character than Altair and Ezio to play as.  I actually felt like an assassin playing them.  This guy (the Indian dude), I just feel like I'm some dude running around the forest killing bears.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Assassin Creed III's story is ... certainly a divergence from the previous games.

What really annoyed me about that was that they kept teasing they'd do something interesting with Desmond "Next time, honest" and then they just blatantly cut that entire arc. I mean what the hell? That just seems sloppy.

I just found a workaround for the abysmal Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Perf. It's like a bad joke.

Leave Chrome up when I launch the game. What the heck did they do to this engine?

Ha! That reminds me of a bug for Age of Empires 2 on 7(/Vista?), where the graphics are completely screwed up...unless you have the Windows screen resolution page open, (that or the personalize page - been a while), it would automagically fix itself.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just finished the DS2 beta session. Now to wait 14 days to play again. Maybe with MP this time, the NA and SA players that couldn't play today weren't really missed, this should happed to them more often. :yes:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Act 1 the AI is forgiving on normal. So he only sends troopers after you at first.

Not my experience. He quite quickly came around with transports and those spiderthingies who do shoot airborne. Nothing hit-and-run didn't fix, the AA-turrets are worse.

Anyway, second RTS battle was a joke, blizkrieged the enemy in 7 minutes. Took so long since I paused, otherwise it probably would be 2 minutes. So easy.

Third RTS battle again was nuttricion. U shape, bases on both sides, middle point the interesting thing. Enemy did try to drop some enemies on my shores, but those were easily slaughtered. Wiped up the middle, he surrendered.

And that were the 3 RTS-battles of Act I. Did the rest on auto-resolve, much better.

Started Act II and already lost quite a few units in the first turn! Figured those ships on the water, since in neutral, where to be captured. Instead shot down my transport holding 5 troopers. ****. Also 2 other transports where apparently on the map (didn't see them), and retreating one got ripped apart. Next round I landed somewhere, only to learn they had no load. So it's the long way back to my country again to fill it. Great start there...

I think you mean "attrition ", "nutrition" is something else :)

The oceans aren't controlled by anoone, but the units still have the faction colour *wink wink*

And with the transports: Hah! *smug grin* I had told you about those. Nobody notices them :)

What do you think of your council?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well, I like my enemies well fed xD

But yeah, attrition it is... oops.

Pretty sure they were still white the first turn, hence my confusion. Or maybe I just imagined things. Or maybe it was a genuine bug.

*reads back* Yeah, you did. Didn't remember all said in there though when playing. Just the money and research stuff. Oops. Worse was that since I thought I started with one transport, I blew 16 gold just for 2 more, while I could have gotten those and spend them on adding to my warforce. Oh well...

Some of them talk rather annoyingly slow. And I would have much preffered if you didn't have to press 'continue' all the time and the convo would simply end or move on once the VO is done, unless you have to make a choice. Just a minor nitpick though, although one getting on my nerves.

I seem to get along best with Lizards and Elves, Dwarves and especially Undead really start to hate me.

Choices made so far;

* No to drawing people to service (can't quite recall the term atm, drafting?).

* Yes to government health care.

* No to putting outsiders outside the border (something becoming stranger and stranger here in Holland though :)).

* Yes to taxing the church.

* Yes to gay mariage.

I do hope these are somewhat randomnised and not just a fixed order. Would be annoying if in a replay they pass in the exact same order again. But it's too early to think of that now, I barely started Act II!

^

I think the decissions in Act 1 are fixed to give the tone. Later on I have gotten different ones. And it is randomw hich of the personal stories of the generals trigger besides some necessary ones (Lady Catherine's equal pay).

Relations to races is important on the strategic map. They affect your support in countries which translates into more or less recruits at barracks. So if you have a barracks in a country with average support you can get maybe 3 or 4 units per turn there. If support is really low it could be just 1 unit, while at 100% you'd get 8 I think. My strategy therefor is to have Barracks and Gold Mines in regions that support me, while putting Taverns, Parliaments and Academies in those that don't.

And yes, seems you too are going down the Lizard story arc, the way I seem to keep doing.

There was a video about player choices in Dragon Commander (SPOILERS):

My greatest annoyance with the game? That I can't zoom out in the world map.

Spoilers? Don't watch (yet)!

It's odd that you can zoom in though. I would never see a good reason to do so too.

Also, while listing annoyances, I remember another, when zooming out I get clouds blocking my vision. The point of zooming was to get overview! And then that prevents it :/

^

Thanks to melkathi, played a little bit of Warfare: European Escalation. Started the first map and was laughing and high fiving myself as my four Leopards and an armored recon unit roflstomp some commies. Proceeded to the second sector, a bit more challenge, they come from three sides but I win with no losses. Im impresses with my own cleverness for hiding in the trees. Unlock the resupply truck and give myself a fifth Leopard. Third sector is a bonus objective so I decide to smash the bridgehead. I bit too overconfident I decide to just drive across an open field. Zoom in a little bit to watch my glorious rampage and notice these little streaks coming out of the forest ahead of me. Whats this? They are curving towards me? OMG, they are antitank missiles and it just one-shot my level 3 Leopard! Lesson learned I decide to reload and do the other objective to blow up the HQ. Lets just say that blitzkrieg didn't work there. I have a lot to learn.

Quick question, after I deployed the first reserve supply truck and Leopard I must have accidentally closed that interface because I couldn't find how to deploy more tanks and armored recon. I want to make four groups of 4 tank + 1 recon wolf packs. Is that just the way the first mission goes or is there a shortcut key to that interface?

Didn't I mention that? I thought I did.

If not; The lizard princess.

I guess I like the Avatarish look most, and her personality seems the least annoying (somehow 0_o).

^

Quick question, after I deployed the first reserve supply truck and Leopard I must have accidentally closed that interface because I couldn't find how to deploy more tanks and armored recon. I want to make four groups of 4 tank + 1 recon wolf packs. Is that just the way the first mission goes or is there a shortcut key to that interface?

Now all we need to do is find someone who owns/has played the game and can answer that question.

Didn't I mention that? I thought I did.

If not; The lizard princess.

I guess I like the Avatarish look most, and her personality seems the least annoying (somehow 0_o).

I haven't seen much of her personal story. I enjoyed Ophelia a lot (seems to be widely agreed on on the interwebz as the best story) and thought Aida was ok. I want to see the story of the elven princess, but she is so annoying...

Edited by melkathi

Playing DX:HR DC since yesterday. Just finished the DLC-part and... I think found a bug. My grenade launcher is gone and this sucks donkey balls. When I opened the stash with my weapons on the ship, everything was there, just not the grenade launcher. Meh.

Wondering if this just happened to me now or if everyone is experiencing the loss of this weapon.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."