What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

I played old world blues at level 8, most fun I've had playing new vegas, after that it seemed too easy.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Decided to go back to my save game of Assassin's Creed III from about a year ago.  I gave up on the game early, so it's not like I got far the first time.  But it's taking a bit to understand what the hell I'm doing, and why I'm doing it.

I'm still not a fan of the combat.  It doesn't feel very fluid or intuitive to me.

The world is quite beautiful, though.  It's the kind of "busy city" that I was hoping to see out of Dragon Age, especially the whole Denerim thing.  But I've talked about that before, so I won't dwell.  In any case, that's one thing Assassin's Creed does very well -- big cities actually feeling vibrant, alive, and packed with actual people.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now playing nothing. I would be playing DX:HR Directors Cut if Steam would let me. It's been several hours since EU release, and the related forums are flooding with people unable to install the game.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Now playing nothing. I would be playing DX:HR Directors Cut if Steam would let me. It's been several hours since EU release, and the related forums are flooding with people unable to install the game.

Yup. They've released the game to buy, but it looks like it's going to be a few hours before the servers are updated so you can actually download the sucker.

Still, for £3 and change it's not bad. I'm not going to get any panties in a twist over it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Be aware that they changed the lighting in Directors Cut to worse in my opinion, there's comparison pics here.

Looks like they toned down all light sources and upped the overall ambient lighting, making the game look a bit.. bland. I'm having second thoughts about it.

I'm a terrible person and am restarting New Vegas for the fifth time in about a month, this time with Josh's mod. It just got a bit dull once I had all the stuffs, which was demonstrated when I walked into Quarry Junction and one-shot every last thing there.

I still like the idea of a melee character but already have multiple failed attempts at actually playing one, so I'm going to compromise and make a character who exclusively uses shotguns. And, as usual, hardcore, no companions. Might go no speech at all on top.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yup. They've released the game to buy, but it looks like it's going to be a few hours before the servers are updated so you can actually download the sucker.

Still, for £3 and change it's not bad. I'm not going to get any panties in a twist over it.

Oh, it will open up eventually allright. I'm not that itchy for a rerun to get upset about it. Just seems a bit weird to me is all.

Iirc, the same thing happened with Alpha Protocol's preorders (I remember waiting for quite some time for the game to get unlocked after its alleged release).

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Congrats man! now after Dragon Commander I expect you to succeed on normal ;)

I'll play it again after I get the x-pack. Which probably will be a while since I, as golden Steam rule, always buy when discounted proper. 

Be aware that they changed the lighting in Directors Cut to worse in my opinion, there's comparison pics here.

Looks like they toned down all light sources and upped the overall ambient lighting, making the game look a bit.. bland. I'm having second thoughts about it.

It does look a lot worse based on just those screenshots.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's certainly not a deal breaker for me but it is curious that they seemed to have dehanced the graphics a bit for the "ultimate" edition of the game.  Either way, I wasn't going to buy it any time soon.  I will eventually, I just have no time or desire to play through it again right now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They managed to make a lockpicking system worse than Oblivion's? Impressive indeed.

I don't know how it is on the other systems, but on the XBox 360 it's very, very awkward.

You start off by rotating the left thumb stick until you feel it vibrate, then you hold it in place.  You then rotate the right thumb stick until it vibrates, then hold it in place while continuing to hold the left thumb stick in place.  Then you mash the R2 button repeatedly, all while holding the two thumb sticks in the exact same position.

Sounds relatively simple?  The problem is the thumb stick positions have to be PERFECT.  Your thumb twitches even a hair, and you have to start over.  Maybe my dexterity sucks, but just the simple action of pressing the R2 button with my index finger causes the thumb on that hand to move ever so slightly.  And that's what constantly causes me problems.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

you guys are kidding right? lighting is so much better in the directors cut. It just changes the style from that sickly yellow pale glow everything seemed to have,

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

you guys are kidding right? lighting is so much better in the directors cut. It just changes the style from that sickly yellow pale glow everything seemed to have,

On some of those screenshots the old lighting seemed more crisp. In the end it comes down to personal taste.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Doubtful anyone's actually making passes of each light source and adjusting it for the sake of a rerelease. More likely it's just collateral 'damage': removal of the urine yellow filter globally (which I am completely in support of) without really paying attention to the result. Whether something ends up looking improved or otherwise is just a fluke of the original design.

I need something to remove all the colour filters from New Vegas, ugh. That general orange filter over everything (better than Fallout 3's sickly green doesn't mean it's good) is bad enough, but the heavy handed use of the location-specific ones are the real offenders. Especially the various locations along the river.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, an orange filter over brown terrain just looks like a slightly warmer brown, so yeah. I'd say the sky had a very orange tinge to it though, which is probably the most telltale sign of it.

Cinematic gaming - taking the worst parts of the film industry and adopting it as your own.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just started up DEHR Director's Cut.. although I'm leaving the director's commentary running as I go through it.. Some interesting little bits and pieces from the design team as they talk about it and why things developed in specific ways.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I need something to remove all the colour filters from New Vegas, ugh. That general orange filter over everything (better than Fallout 3's sickly green doesn't mean it's good) is bad enough, but the heavy handed use of the location-specific ones are the real offenders. Especially the various locations along the river.

Fellout should do just that. No idea does it work for DLC areas though, there's no mention of them in the description.

batman origin

so far it seems less polished than the prior 2 games, but it will probably end up being "good enough".

i got it for free so it's hard to complain.  for people on the fence about it, i'd say if you are yearning for more batman, then it will scratch the itch, but if you were hoping for a major upgrade over arkham city, then i'd wait till it hits a lower price point

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, an orange filter over brown terrain just looks like a slightly warmer brown, so yeah. I'd say the sky had a very orange tinge to it though, which is probably the most telltale sign of it.

Cinematic gaming - taking the worst parts of the film industry and adopting it as your own.

It's just a quick cover up for the game's nonexistent art design. How a zone like Vegas can be represented in such a bland, tasteless, odorless fashion is really quite a feat. 

I've been playing nothing this week...going to play a couple hours of BL2 with the spouse tonight tho, then hit the sack. One day we will reach lvl72 with our co-op pair....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just bought The Stanley Parable, basically because the 'Raphael Cut' advert was worth a tenner.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.