What are you playing now?

LadyCrimson

Wolf Among Us is far better than Walking Dead...

I've been following that and it does look good. But I'll try Walking Dead first

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wolf Among Us is far better than Walking Dead...

I'm definitely interested in it.  I know Walking Dead got a lot of attention and awards, but I'm so ridiculously burned out on zombies that I have zero desire to play that game.  I'll likely wait until the full season is out rather than get it episode by episode, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not too in love with the author of Fables, but I'll give it a try once all episodes are released and are on sale. 

I got bored of the comic books after a while. Especially the Jack spin off got tedious.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing Long live the Queen!

..Aaaand I suck at it. Though the game isn't helping me much. Most of the tests I get are for disciplines I can't train because of the penalties to it, but I don't know which mood combinations give the penalties. Well, time, practice and possible dead Elodies will teach me. >.>

I don't know if there's a new game plus, if there is, that would explain why there are frequent checks you can't possibly pass early on. "Yielding" is what gives a boost to social stuff, but "Depressed" seems to be a blanket penalty.

Anyway, that and Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea.

Not playing, purchased.

Found out two games wanted by my niece and nephew, so I had to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out a third game for Target's buy 2 get 1 offer. The free one would be for me, naturally, as buying games for them unprompted is unwise.

Ended up settling on Tales of Xillia. Of all the games Target has in store, it's the one I don't have with the best chance of entertaining me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Haven't played B:I in a while, learned the hard way that the difficulty level is not starting at the basics. Looking forward to freezing things again, sort of. It wasn't THAT effective in Bioshock, but still... I like freezing things solid.

Going to solo Persona 4 Golden with Kaguya-hime for ****s and/or giggles. Will probably be a disaster (even with Null Fire.) As opposed to soloing with Alice w/ Spellmaster, in which case KILL ALL THE THINGS. My own private wonderland. Touhou Kishinjou. Tsukumogami are more dangerous than their reputation implies.

Edited by AGX-17

Not playing, purchased.

Found out two games wanted by my niece and nephew, so I had to spend 20 minutes trying to figure out a third game for Target's buy 2 get 1 offer. The free one would be for me, naturally, as buying games for them unprompted is unwise.

Ended up settling on Tales of Xillia. Of all the games Target has in store, it's the one I don't have with the best chance of entertaining me.

What part is unwise, the buying of gifts, or specifically the buying of games? If it's just the gifts, why not use them as Christmas gifts? It's only another month and a half to go.

I'm back on my Dark Souls kick. I killed over 250 silver knights this afternoon while farming souls in Anor Londo. I managed to get 2 silver knight straight swords, no silver knight spears ( ;()  and a crap load of silver knight shields to go with all those souls. Spent 220k on upgrading my pyromancy flame to Ascended +5 and the Firestorm spell. Farming the phalanx enemies in the Painted World courtyard is so much faster than going after the silver knights was. I'm still a few levels below where I would be able to summon/invade a friend so I think that will be my next task followed by upgrading some armour. Havel's set is by far the best armour I have right now, but damn is it heavy.

Edited by Deraldin

One feature I absolutely HATE in Batman Arkham Origins is this sort of side scrawling game play that kicks in once in a while, where it's like you're back to playing those old 1980s arcade games that only go left or right.  I really don't understand why they added this, especially since it just randomly pops up for no apparent reason.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Long live the Queen!

..Aaaand I suck at it. Though the game isn't helping me much. Most of the tests I get are for disciplines I can't train because of the penalties to it, but I don't know which mood combinations give the penalties. Well, time, practice and possible dead Elodies will teach me. >.>

I don't know if there's a new game plus, if there is, that would explain why there are frequent checks you can't possibly pass early on. "Yielding" is what gives a boost to social stuff, but "Depressed" seems to be a blanket penalty.

Anyway, that and Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea.

I managed to beat Long live the Queen finally, I killed the main bad guy with magic and swords. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Second mission in Enemy Within, Bradford tells me the UFO went down in a densely populated area. Happy happy happy happy time.

On the other hand, the Toolboks mod hasn't been updated, which makes the overwatch crawl an exercise in patience. Hopefully it comes soon, too used to just spamming the 'Y' key every turn,

EDIT: Blah, only just noticed the Not Created Equally option makes the troops have different movement range. Me no likey, restarting.

EDIT2: At which point I go from recovering ALL the meld to recovering NONE of it. Indeed it was all gone before I spotted even a single alien, such is the force of habit making me crawl along the edge of the map.

EDIT3: Screw it, I'm waiting for the Toolboks update.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

finally got my hands on this gem of a game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975Zw8BJ3Vg

it is easily the best game I've played in years. maybe that's because I don't own a console, so arcade games usually pass me by. still, it's amazing. it really reminds me of the old Genesis chedeuvres like Earth Worm Jim and  Ecco the Dolphin for some strange reason. 

it's challenging (some boss fights and puzzles are really tough). the art style is amazing. the controls are fluid. it has a lot to offer to players: many different locations with different ways to get through them, a lot of secrets to find - it promotes exploration like no other game. and it's not terribly long. I got through 50% in one evening, and it left me very pleased. 

I cannot recommend this game enough.  :wowey:

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

What part is unwise, the buying of gifts, or specifically the buying of games?

The buying of things I don't know whether they have already or even want.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

so, steam is downloading a 7.2 GB update to xcom... soon...

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I don't own a console, so arcade games usually pass me by. still, it's amazing. it really reminds me of the old Genesis chedeuvres like Earth Worm Jim and  Ecco the Dolphin for some strange reason. 

There have been a lot of nice releases on PC when it comes to platform/arcade games. Both with old style graphics and modern top notch visuals.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (though the devs are...) is a fantastic, stupidly hard, platformer with beautiful visuals. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to remember the good old days of Sonic etc.

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender is a great little arcade game with retro graphics, were you swim left and right, up and down in a little submarine, defending milk miner kittens from robot fishies. Even plays two player co-op on one keyboard :p

Valdis Story (posted pics in the other thread) is a nice side scrolling hack and slash which reminds me personally of a modern day version of Wonderboy in Monsterland.

Then there are the reimagined versions of Ducktales and Mickey and the Castle of Illusions. Both are not too hard but well worth it just for the nostalgia value. And they are well made on top of that.

There are more of course...

My problem is rapidly becomming that I can't keep up.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

exactly  :biggrin:

speaking of retro-style, I'm really hoping this will come out for PC eventually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgoJRc-VKI

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't own a console, so arcade games usually pass me by. still, it's amazing. it really reminds me of the old Genesis chedeuvres like Earth Worm Jim and  Ecco the Dolphin for some strange reason. 

There have been a lot of nice releases on PC when it comes to platform/arcade games. Both with old style graphics and modern top notch visuals.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (though the devs are...) is a fantastic, stupidly hard, platformer with beautiful visuals. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to remember the good old days of Sonic etc.

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender is a great little arcade game with retro graphics, were you swim left and right, up and down in a little submarine, defending milk miner kittens from robot fishies. Even plays two player co-op on one keyboard :p

Valdis Story (posted pics in the other thread) is a nice side scrolling hack and slash which reminds me personally of a modern day version of Wonderboy in Monsterland.

Then there are the reimagined versions of Ducktales and Mickey and the Castle of Illusions. Both are not too hard but well worth it just for the nostalgia value. And they are well made on top of that.

There are more of course...

Yep.

If there's any type of game that's under-represented on PC, it's jRPGs.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

mercenary kings is a pretty fun sidescrolling contra type game

its still in beta i think, but you can play it on steam.  i've played about 4 hours so far and think its worth buying if you like the genre

I'm also still playing arkham origins, and dabbling with twisted metal black hd on ps3

twisted metal black is my favorite twisted metal, i played it soooo much back on the ps2, the ps3 hd version is like a nostalgia pipeline right into my brain

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

WoW oh WoW... I just downloaded Playstation App on my Android phone and checked some of the trophies I earned... Just WoW, my e-peen groweth like 2 and half feet!!!

And now I must tell the world!!!

The rarest Trophies I got:

Bronze: Mortal Kombat (2009) - Ultimate Respect! - Ultra Rare - 0,2% of players achieved

Star Ocean: Last Hope International - Arms Addict - Ultra Rare - 0,3%

Silver: Mortal Kombat (2009) - Turtle! - Ultra Rare - 0,3%

Mortal Kombat (2009) - Outstanding! - Ultra Rare - 0,3%

Gold: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Super Moves Master - Ultra Rare - 0,1%

White Knight Chronicles International - Phibianacci's Diamond - Ultra Rare - 0,6%

Platinum: White Knight Chronicles International - Platinum Crown - Ultra Rare - 0,6%

Final Fantasy XIII - Ultimate Hero - Ultra Rare - 2,1%

Who wants to touch me?

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Now I am going to play the Walking Dead, I have heard its an evocative game and I'm excited  :)

Man, that game has been on my To Play List for some time now. But I doubt anything Telltale has ever released will be as fun as The Devil's Playhouse for me...I miss Sam & Max! :(

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

But I doubt anything Telltale has ever released will be as fun as The Devil's Playhouse for me...I miss Sam & Max! :(

We all do. We all do.

Sadly, after all the hype up to TWD, it was a major dissapointment to me. A growing line in a list of TTG failures. And here I was hoping they found the way again, sadly, it was a false hope :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Watch this space.

Or the next post as I wont be able to edit this.

Post about what I am playing: Comming Soon

I met you on a chilly Saturday

and I knew right away

that you would want me

I sure never thought you'd haunt me...

So I finally finished Far Cry 3. what can I say, it's grindy for a free roaming game. I strongly dislike the quick time event boss battles, of which there are a lot, but on the whole I enjoyed myself

barring annoying glitches and crashes to desktop, I'd say it would have been worth the 15 bucks I paid for it, were it not for the low framrate, which made everything harder, even on the lowest graphical settings. For a laptop which ran the game on SSD and has a 2gb nvidia video card, that's inexcusable.

I would never have paid release price for it, though, and anyone who did has too much money.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

What I am playing:

http://youtu.be/ru-MrOjOVzw

Never done a let's play before. Meh. Kept it extremly short. Sound is a bit iffy. And I use the word awesome quite a lot. Also, the moment you put a mic in front of me I forget what I was going to say. *shrug*

• Like 1