RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Bye bye kickstarter. No more games for Fargo.

>Crowdfunding caps an amount an issuer can raise to $1 million in any 12-month period.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2013/10/23/sec-proposes-crowdfunding-rules/

For equity crowdfunding. Not all crowdfunding.

It has nothing to do with the recent trend of video game Kickstarters.

It's also only a proposal, they've got a lot of work left to do on it before it becomes a reality.

At any rate I'm going to start learning chemistry for if it passes I'm going full on Ted Kaczynski.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

At any rate I'm going to start learning chemistry for if it passes I'm going full on Ted Kaczynski.

Hey NSA, I just wanted to let you know, I don't know this guy. Who surely is joking.

That said, I get your sentiment, it seems that if these rules applied to regular crowdfunding rather than equity crowdfunding (funding in exchange for stock) it would effectively kill kickstarter, indiegogo, rockethub and the like.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Apparently the Witcher games have sold six million units, didn't know that they were so popular.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/crusader-kings-ii-gets-sons-of-abraham-expansion-this-november/1100-6415727/

Jews in my CK2? More likely thank you think. Also Heresies can now become official religions. And College of Cardinals. 

So I can attempt to have the Cathars topple the Catholic church?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How is kinnect for actual games by the way? Endwar always sounded pretty interesting.

Voice recognition for games is okay at best. It's a neat little gimmick that I've never seen anyone care about for more than the 5 minutes it takes for yelling FOS-RO-DOH in the living room to get old.

Moving your body is kind of neat if you're really into those party game sports/kinect packs, like the Wii also has. Just so you can laugh at each other flailing like idiots.

For a significant contribution to core gaming? I could write out to you my opinion on that in considerable length, but it would use up the world's surplus of the word "no."

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Uhh... too long a read... Care to explain what was so incredibly original and awesome about this project?

I'd buy anything that's made by Oddworld Inhabitants 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Apparently the god damn stuttering issues with the DX:HR directors cut are because of the DRM.

Thanks again, useless DRM mechanics.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The ones that quite a few people are experiencing. Including me. Can't remember that I had this with the original game + dlc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Apparently the god damn stuttering issues with the DX:HR directors cut are because of the DRM.

Oh great, really? That's it for me, I don't dislike the bosses as much that I'm ready to turn the entire game look a little worse in my eyes and possibly make it run worse just to make the bosses bit better.

Is it that Windows 8.1 **** that was reported to happen to DXHR and Call of Pripyat among others?

Link

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I am not running windows 8, but I'll check out the mouse lag stuff anyway. I've read that going window / fullscreen with alt+enter can help and I *think* it helps a bit for me, but I am not 100% sure. Also I've updated my drivers and deinstalled NVIDIA 3D vision stuff, as I've read it can cause slowdowns in games and I am not using any 3D stuff anyway. It's playable now, but still not fully smooth.

Edited by Lexx

Pre-ordered. Graphics aren't usually a selling point for me but this looks so good.

Oh Lord. DICE is yet again making an AMERICA **** YEAH game.

Here's an experiment. Turn on the trailer, mute the sound, play the following in the background:

A near-perfect synch. I nearly died laughing.

• Like 7

There's supposed to be some fixes on the Steam discussion forums. There's two registry edits to make, one of which is particular to Nvidia cards. Makes it sound like it's not the DRM.

I kind of recall the old DX:HR having the same problem. But I definitely don't remember it being this bad. I have every setting on the absolute lowest and I still get dips to what must be 5 frames per second. I've not played a game this generation with performance this poor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."