RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

I'm going to wait on gta 5 until it hits $20 or less.  i didn't enjoy gta 4 very much and part 5 looks, honestly, kind of annoying having to swap between 3 characters.

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm going to wait on gta 5 until it hits $20 or less.  i didn't enjoy gta 4 very much and part 5 looks, honestly, kind of annoying having to swap between 3 characters.

That was the only feature I saw any possible intrigue in while the rest looks pretty standard fare and kinda underwhelming. But yeah, if I get it, it will be from the bargain bin for me too.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Despite all the good stuff that came out about DA3 recently, expect it to suck with the news that was released today. R900fles!

What news is that?  Same-sex romances are mandatory otherwise you can't complete the game?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was the only feature I saw any possible intrigue in while the rest looks pretty standard fare and kinda underwhelming. But yeah, if I get it, it will be from the bargain bin for me too.

it's weird, because if Rockstar had said "when you start a new game you get to choose from 3 characters, each has their own unique skills and strengths!"  i would have been excited. 

But instead its:  "we made a super long movie with three characters in it, and when its time for the movie to change scenes, you will begin controlling whichever character that scene is about."

frankly, other than the last 30 minutes of RDR, i don't think rockstar is as good at making movies as they think they are.  so playing a twenty+ hour movie about three old retired gangsters sounds very different from my idea of a good time.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

CoD has lore?

:huh:

War. War never changes.

Well, let's see:

America decimated by nuclear fallout? Check

Dog companion? Check

Yup must be a Fallout game.

Can't be any worse than Bethsoft, atleast the writing might be on par, and the shooting will be fun.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Despite all the good stuff that came out about DA3 recently, expect it to suck with the news that was released today. R900fles!

Did you ever play TOR?  Quite a few folks here seemed to enjoy it.  Regardless, it's really not the same genre, so you might be overreacting..

"Did you ever play TOR?  Quite a few folks here seemed to enjoy it.  Regardless, it's really not the same genre, so you might be overreacting.."

I try to avoid playing ****ty games. When I don't you get Twitcher scenarios. The guy is a piece of crap loser and the fact he ran FAKE BIO as opposed to REAL BIO does not impress me much. Or at all.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What is it that you enjoy in Bioware games, Volourn?   

For me it is the story line and the characters.  That's pretty much why I keep buying them, the game play takes a backseat.  

I thought TOR was a mediocre MMO.  But it had one strength, and that was the story line and the characters.  So I see no need for concern here.

Also TOR is free now so you should give it a whirl.  Then your scorn can shine brighter. 

• Like 3

As it stands, regardless of how good or bad the game is, I'll be getting GTA 5 never, on account of the lack of a PC version.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm going to wait on gta 5 until it hits $20 or less. i didn't enjoy gta 4 very much and part 5 looks, honestly, kind of annoying having to swap between 3 characters.

it's weird, because if Rockstar had said "when you start a new game you get to choose from 3 characters, each has their own unique skills and strengths!" i would have been excited.

But instead its: "we made a super long movie with three characters in it, and when its time for the movie to change scenes, you will begin controlling whichever character that scene is about."

frankly, other than the last 30 minutes of RDR, i don't think rockstar is as good at making movies as they think they are. so playing a twenty+ hour movie about three old retired gangsters sounds very different from my idea of a good time.

Yeah, I can see it getting old really fast. I've not really followed the game so I don't have much to go on but a recollection of switching between characters somewhat freely in and out of missions, and the possibilities that sort of gameplay and storytelling would offer.

But meh, if there is no PC version as mentioned above, the game is ruled out completely from me (I thought there were plans for a PC version, but I guess I misrecalled or misinterpreted something). Not a big loss.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

(I thought there were plans for a PC version, but I guess I misrecalled or misinterpreted something). Not a big loss.

Rockstar has said nothing about a PC version.  There were job listings a while back for someone to port to PC for Rockstar and people read that GTA 5 will be coming out for PC from that.  We'll see.

/shrugs

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Electronic Arts has named Matthew Bromberg as head of its BioWare Label, elevating him from his role of general manager of BioWare Austin. Bromberg joined EA in 2012 at the Austin group as it was revamping Star Wars: The Old Republic, now reimagined as a free-to-play online game instead of a subscription-only title.

I thought TOR was a mediocre MMO.  But it had one strength, and that was the story line and the characters.  So I see no need for concern here.

Also TOR is free now so you should give it a whirl.  Then your scorn can shine brighter. 

• Like 1

MzpydUh.gif

Is this the first time EA has put one of "their" guys in a high position previously held by a former BioWare guy?  Or have they been slowly moving their own people into those spots since they bought Bio?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The idiot in charge of FAKE Bio Austin is now in charge of REAL BIO Edmonton. L0L Talk about lame. Now,w e're stuck with the ****show that is TOR lameness.

Eh, Aaryn Flynn remains GM of Bioware Canada (Edmonton and Montreal). Apart from that... former ceo of Major League Gaming... Dear Lord.

edit: Bromberg doesn't seem much like an "EA" guy any more than he's a "Bioware" guy.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Is this the first time EA has put one of "their" guys in a high position previously held by a former BioWare guy?  Or have they been slowly moving their own people into those spots since they bought Bio?

I don't know the full details (I am on holiday) but Bromberg was the guy that took over for Greg Zeschuk when Greg needed to take a break, a few months after TOR was released.  Now it seems he's moving into the role that Ray had.

• Like 1

It's an appointment that makes sense though. If he came in to spearhead the F2P initiative on Swtor, he's behind taking a game that is bleeding subscriptions into one that is making money and retaining, and even slightly growing, it's subscription base.

And was likely considered for this position all along, since the doctors were probably on their way out by then already.

• Like 1

I posted about this in the Kickstarter Thread.  It's so wonderfully cheesy, exactly how Tex Murphy should be.  Chris Jones makes such a great down on his luck wisecracking gumshoe.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's an appointment that makes sense though. If he came in to spearhead the F2P initiative on Swtor, he's behind taking a game that is bleeding subscriptions into one that is making money and retaining, and even slightly growing, it's subscription base.

And was likely considered for this position all along, since the doctors were probably on their way out by then already.

Ah, so he's really a business guy.  So that makes Volourn's concern even more unlikely.