What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Another attempt at finishing Duck Tales Remastered. Managed to get through the final level and last boss without loosing a single life. Passed the platforming section after the boss loosing only one life. Failed at the platforming section after the platforming section after the final boss...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

still playing Dark Arisen

this game so good.

im thinking about starting ANOTHER character just to try the mystic knight (since the magic archer turned out to be way more fun than i expected)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

as far as castlevania games go, its not in my top 5 (but dark souls is :)

1. circle of the moon

2. symphony of the night

3. dawn of sorrow

4. aria of sorrow

5. dark souls

tee hee hee

Imagine if Dark Souls had Medusa heads and Fleamen. The tears would not stop

anor londo archers + medusa heads = suicide inducement scenario

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm disappointed the Leprechaun companion in NWO only increases gold find a bit and doesn't seem very useful outside of that. I think they should give 100AD every 24 hours or something instead. Who the heck needs more gold. Maybe one day they'll put in a few more gold items to buy.

I wouldn't mind a pig companion (20 day long Festival) for the lulz, however.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm disappointed the Leprechaun companion in NWO only increases gold find a bit and doesn't seem very useful outside of that. I think they should give 100AD every 24 hours or something instead. Who the heck needs more gold. Maybe one day they'll put in a few more gold items to buy.

I wouldn't mind a pig companion (20 day long Festival) for the lulz, however.

The only thing gold is useful for is buying horses to sell on AH, but even that isn't that good anymore since too many people caught on and the market got saturated.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nearly finished Game of Thrones, am currently in next-to-last chapter.

This game cemented Cyanide/Spiders as my favourite European arrpeegee developer. Far better game than both Tropes vs Orks and Mars War Logs. Plus their upcoming Twitcher clone looks interesting as well.

Overall Cyanide/Spiders > Larian > Piranha Bytes > CD Projekt.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky

I swear Drudanae is some sort of Captain Opposite, the hero of games the mainstream looks down, the ultimate gaming hipster :p

Almost bought the game from steam -75% sale to check out the acclaimed story, but desided a good story alone isn't enough for my money.

I just found out that Goals are limited to scene in Shadowrun Returns.

I... don't even know how... why... This completely kills the ability to do any goal that transitions scenes without micromanaging every step. I mean, you don't really have to micro, but their journal will just be empty if you don't.

Or the alternative is that I can just copy the broad goal into each scene and just constantly bring it up each time they load into a scene.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just finished Remember Me, a mostly-but-not-quite-entirely-terrible action-adventure game (like Uncharted, Enslaved, Tomb Raider, etc)  It has some neat memory-editing scenes reminiscent of Ghost Trick, some cool Cyberpunk visuals and a great soundtrack.  The writing, however, is atrocious and the gameplay is fairly tedious, although it gets a little better once you have all the abilities.

I'd skip the game, and go straight to the soundtrack:

http://www.amazon.com/Remember-Philharmonia-Orchestra-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B00DJROANE/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377834841&sr=301-1

• Like 1

Ran around in NWO's festival Event, picking corn, herding chickens and pigs, fighting trolls, and gathering flowers. Probably a couple hours total. For that I have a max temp profession to make the festival pants/headdress and 560 "petals" which is the currency to buy companion, gear graphic transmutation items, the endless water balloon (which sounds like fun) and the other half of the clothing items. The green pig companion is 4200 petals. :disguise: The mounts need tokens, which you can get maybe1-3 a day from the "dailies" (8 hours inbetween seems like?). Mounts are BOP too, so you can't buy one off the AH.

Grind grind grind grind. And a boring one. They give you 20 days, not sure I'll make it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Man, the abuse Lara is taking in this Tomb Raider game should kill her.  At the very least, it's like the game's lead designer has some secret BDSM fetish he's playing out with Lara Croft as the submissive.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Man, the abuse Lara is taking in this Tomb Raider game should kill her.  At the very least, it's like the game's lead designer has some secret BDSM fetish he's playing out with Lara Croft as the submissive.

I'm not sure how secret it is.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Don't forget next-gen Lara has regenerating health.

Game of Thrones is the video game Pabst Blue Ribbon.

:p

GTD-06560r_resize-1.jpg

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Reached chapter 12 in Mafia II. I like the actual gameplay and the story is okay but the city is very boring to explore. I just do the main missions and don't bother with anything else. I've only killed 10 civilians with a car and I blame that on the cops for bumping into my car in chases. I haven't bothered with the wanted posters (found zero) and found about 10 PB magazines but they're just the ones that are in main story missions.

Reached chapter 12 in Mafia II. I like the actual gameplay and the story is okay but the city is very boring to explore. I just do the main missions and don't bother with anything else. I've only killed 10 civilians with a car and I blame that on the cops for bumping into my car in chases. I haven't bothered with the wanted posters (found zero) and found about 10 PB magazines but they're just the ones that are in main story missions.

Yeah I always saw that as a real missed opportunity.  The world of Mafia 2 was so well done, it was beautiful, but they really gave you no reason to explore and play like a sandbox.  Just some stunt jumps and side missions would have made a huge difference in the shelf life of that game.

Dungeon Siege 3. Played my first hour of it after letting it sit in my Steam library for so long.

The controls and camera are that of a console game. Eww. Eww. I have to approach the game like your standard MMO in order to make it feel less weird. A diablo-clone. I don't know who to point my finger at; Square Enix for making the game multiplatform, or Obsidian for not putting the time to make the PC version play even remotely like the other games of the genre

Edited by Nordicus

Well they got the voice actress to come back to spend a day just doing all of the "painful" moans and gasps.  Maybe he just wanted an excuse to get her back in the studio making all those noises?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Played a bit of SR3. Finished the final mission of the main game.

Final mission kinda hit-and-miss.

Arrive at target area, lots of people to kill, good. They're all dead, you're still at 75%. So you're left with killing STAG from turrets of their trucks for a long while. Boring. And having teammates doesn't help. You could steal a truck with a mini-gun and fire, but your teammate just takes over the turret and makes it useless. Very annoying. And when dying you have to do it all over again.

And that thrice.

Didn't notice the second area spawned a tank last time, so got shot full in the face. Had to hide behind a pilar (modern games immersive gameplay for healing) for a while. Meanwhile, my teammate got shot. So I tried to revive him. The fun thing with console ports, and SR3 here too, is the 'omni-potent button'... E. Because damn if PC users use all these buttons they got. So after 2 unintended hostages, and 1 unintended hyacking, I finally revived him just in time. Of course all the ****ing about got me totally shot up, and I died. Thank you, multi-functional buttons :/

And as mentioned before, had to restart all over. Joy. Rage-quitted right there.

That was yesterday, today I finished. Fortunately after the three-fight fest, 2 awesome conclusive 'missions' made it all better. Great choice in music (reminds me of how I got 'Ride of the Valkeries' first time I managed to obtain a tank to rampage the area. And a lot of funny gags in the final sequence ("My armor is immune to everything, aside from those conveniently placed shards!").

Afterwards finished Gangsta's in Space, which were a fun few missions. Then I tried The Trouble With Clones, but on the first mission 3 times in a row(!) managed to blow up my car 50m from the checkpoint, and thus having to redo the whole chase each time, and decided to (again) do something else for a change...

Queue game 2.

Binding of Isaac. Played it a while back. Decided it was a short little distraction waiting for some other game to download (meanwhile scoring some cards, if it wasn't for Steam fidelity), and got a bit hooked. Of course, like before, I still suck, and die a lot. And early. And often. I doubt I can ever complete this game. Will give more tries later though.

Queue game 3.

DLC Quest. A very funny parody on DLC. I loved the original campaign, albeit a bit short. Less charmed of the new campaign. Of course, awesome it was released free for anyone buying the game, and it's also longer. And funnier. Than why do I like it less? Because unlike the original they tried to make it a true platform game. The first had some simple puzzles. The second walljumping, reloading, spikes to avoid, etc. I suppose for a platformer it's awesome, but I don't really like platform-games, and having to do time all those jumps and redo and rejump and retrack distracted from the funny jokes, and made it a chore. Felt like quitting a lot, and eventually did having 175 coins, and needing 200 for the final boss, which are all in... a platform area with spikes and walljumps etc. No thanks.

Queue game 4.

Deponia. Can't comment yet since it takes Steam 2.5 hours to download it. Should be done soon though, so hopefully I can dive in it now :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Still playing Saints Row 4 and having a blast.  Super Power Fight Club is the only activity I outright dislike.  As far as brand new activities, the multi-colored telekinesis throwing balls at targets is my favorite.  Insurance Fraud is still, and likely will always be, my favorite activity overall.  It never gets old.  I'm likely pretty close to the end of the game now.  I could have finished it a long time ago, but I keep doing side activities and collecting data clusters.  There have been some hilarious mainline quests, like the Meal Gear level, Matt's fanfic, text adventure, and Saints of Rage.  Also, whoever did the voice acting for Zynyak is my hero.  I'd like to shake their hand and give them a hug.  Zynyak is so amazing to listen to, both in the storyline and on the classical station (his portrayal of Romeo is AWESOME).  The part where he

sings Biz Markie

had me is stitches.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hmm....new (free) BL2 patch today. A lot of little fixes (no more Warrior covering up items when you kill him), a few more upgrades, and supposedly the 72lvl cap (or 61 if you didn't buy the first one).

The $5 small "dlc" they're going to release is designed for 4-players, so I'm not sure if hubs and I will do that. I suppose we could try ...