Wasn't there some major hype for Remember Me back in the day? Now it's on sale -50%. The game seems to have gone by like a door-to-door Jehova Witness preacher.

Ironically, it's a game that was almost immediately forgotten about after it came out.  I haven't played it, but I remember the reviews were decidedly lukewarm on it.  I think the consensus was great backdrop, mediocre gameplay.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wasn't there some major hype for Remember Me back in the day? Now it's on sale -50%. The game seems to have gone by like a door-to-door Jehova Witness preacher.

Oh, it gets even better. EU PS+ subscribers get Remember Me next month basically for free. Then again, same for Revengeance and I think that actually was a success

I've played worse games than Remember Me. It's too linear, and the combat is a bit too simple, but there's still plenty of fun to be had. It's like I imagine Uncharted to be.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oh, it gets even better. EU PS+ subscribers get Remember Me next month basically for free. Then again, same for Revengeance and I think that actually was a success

There's a game called "Revengeance"? Seriously? :D

Yes.  It displaced Divine Divinity as top dog for game with the most utterly ridiculous title honors.  It's reign will be short lived, though, as the arrival of The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is imminent.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yes.  It displaced Divine Divinity as top dog for game with the most utterly ridiculous title honors.  It's reign will be short lived, though, as the arrival of The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa is imminent.

The Barkley games don't count, they are done with a sense of irony.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's right, I'm about to quote myself.  That's how I roll.

I'm contemplating scooping up Resident Evil Revelations for 50% off.  I own the game on 3DS, but I love it so much I'm willing to buy it again for PC.

I'm glad I waited.  All the Resi games are 75% off today, including Revelations.  

/pulls trigger

Have you played RE6? I'll probably get it in the fall or year end sale along with Revelations. I doubt it's as horrible as the RE 1,2,3 fanboys make it seem. I liked RE5, though it wasn't really horror, it's still better than most crap games out there and I'm assuming this is the case with RE6 as well. Agree? Disagree? I deserve to be dropkicked and pummelled to death by Wesker?

I bought two of the recent Resident Evil games, RE6 and another one which I can't remember the suffix for. Good thing I got them cheap too. One doesn't seem to have a quit game option other than Ctrl+F4 and the second game wont start, as it seems to "eat" my mouse pointer and just sits there with a start button I can't press. No keyboard shortcuts either.

Consider me very unimpressed on the technical score.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Consider me very unimpressed on the technical score.

" The omnipotent Gorthfucius passed his judgement. Women wailed and sadness reigned and the world knew that the days of the Resident Evil franchise were numbered as the great oracle only spoke the irrefutable truth "

:biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

the second game wont start, as it seems to "eat" my mouse pointer and just sits there with a start button I can't press. No keyboard shortcuts either.

The name of the game is RE Revelations. Following a hunch and assuming the worst when it comes to console ports, I plugged in my PC xbox controller in the USB port. True enough, I could then select start and after that access the options menu (where I could choose Keyboard/Mouse controls instead of controller). I'm stubborn like that sometimes, not letting a few puzzles stop me :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Leon's custom shotgun of massive hilariousness alone makes him better. Though if I intend to play the scenario B too, then I always play the A scenario with Claire so I can go nuts with the shotty in B.

Never played that, I stopped playing Resident Evils at RE3. Even if I had, I doubt I would think it better than RE1. The first one is one of my all time favorites for two reasons:

1. It was the first horror game I have ever played and it scared me **** out of me at the time. Good memories!

2. It's storytelling and dialog is so horrendously bad it goes beyond it and becomes utterly hilarious, that's always something I gotta respect  :p

Code veronica, RE1 and 2 are all really good, if you like and can still deal with the classic controls, then i highly recommend playing Code Veronica

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Any of you people want Takedown Red Sabre ? They afflicted me with 4 more copies of this crap. So uh...if you're curious about it, shoot me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Code veronica, RE1 and 2 are all really good, if you like and can still deal with the classic controls, then i highly recommend playing Code Veronica

Yeah, I'm firmly in the can't deal with the classic controls any longer camp.  That's why I'm such a fan of Revelations.  It's the closest the series has come to the feel of those 3 games you mentioned since they upgraded to non-abysmal controls and camera.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

And it was goood.

And nothing wrong with the title, it's just a very archaic word.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So archaic that I'm not buying that explanation. Someone obviously decided vengeance wasn't good enough and decided to portmanteau it with revenge to create a title of maximum pretention and redundancy. Googling it, it seems I must be correct because it's a metal gear title.

• Like 1