What you did today

Tale

I think hell would be a giant office where everyone hates each other and are chained in tiny cubicles that they must share with three other unfortunate souls. The damned are given endless menial tasks with unreasonable deadlines that are constantly reduced and even when made not of word of thanks or encouragement will be uttered but the demon bosses. The building will always be too hot, the water cooler will always be empty and it will always be 2 PM Monday afternoon.

:lol:  Some of you are probably thinking you are in hell right now. It sounds like life at AT&T if you ask me.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just finished a Skype session w/ Steph & Tommy back home. Now I'm heading down to the miserable little excuse for a lounge in this miserable little excuse for a Howard Johnson and see what's on tap for they call happy hour.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think hell would be a giant office where everyone hates each other and are chained in tiny cubicles that they must share with three other unfortunate souls. The damned are given endless menial tasks with unreasonable deadlines that are constantly reduced and even when made not of word of thanks or encouragement will be uttered but the demon bosses. The building will always be too hot, the water cooler will always be empty and it will always be 2 PM Monday afternoon.

:lol:  Some of you are probably thinking you are in hell right now. It sounds like life at AT&T if you ask me.

Doesn't sound too bad actually....

Hey that reminds me I have an actual picture of my office where I work. My desk is on the bottom, right corner. Yeah, its always a little chaotic on Mondays. 

plague_painting_3338_600x4501.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hold on a second. Isn't that a shipping container they're lading them into, right side?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I should be doing my wash the dishes before I wash the dishes routine, but I'm feeling especially irreverent (in a good way) this late afternoon. Dull chores would ruin it. Hence I'm going out to paint the town, instead.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hold on a second. Isn't that a shipping container they're lading them into, right side?

Yeah. Thats how we solve the problem with immigrates here in good 'ole Austria. We're shipping them to America and England. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

No, but it did sound an awful lot like my old job. 'Cept we didn't have cubicles, which management made a priority around the time I left. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What never ceases to amuse me is the notion that cubicles or open plan means good management control and mutual respect between departments.

It's pure hogwash to make s*** managers feel they are in command when they aren't.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What never ceases to amuse me is the notion that cubicles or open plan means good management control and mutual respect between departments.

It's pure hogwash to make s*** managers feel they are in command when they aren't.

Actually, the illusion primarily around here is that an open plan is cheaper. Let's not forget the place where I worked had meetings where you determined who's responsible for the minutes _after_ the meeting, so everybody had to be a busy little squirrel making notes. So it's about control and terror with a side of "cheep!" for the ones who pay the bills.

I'm so glad I got out, even if I miss my pay check.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Painted the town for a few hours, earlier, which made me realize ... my town doesn't have a whole lot to paint on Wed. evenings. But it does have a very tasty ice cream shop. There's a dimly lit, karaoke bar that has some very talented regular singers (eg, it's more bar lounge than singing), too. Altho technically that's not in my town ... it's in the town one over. And no, I don't sing.

Came home and did the usual. Now heading to bed ... before 2am, for once. Imagine that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't think I'd trust a gamer with a bucket of paint. Probably would end up with borderlands vault symbols, mass effect N7 markings and stuff like that covering the town.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Doesn't sound too bad actually....

Hey that reminds me I have an actual picture of my office where I work. My desk is on the bottom, right corner. Yeah, its always a little chaotic on Mondays.

Hey, looking at that picture Woldan, and your testing of waterboarding, are'nt you going to test breaking wheels and give us your opinion of those?  =P

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Spent half the morning in bed with a headache, but decided to try pushing through the day on a fresh cup of tea,..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Weird dream where an uncle of mine is trying to sell me guns and ammo for some reason, woke up when my sister was asking me about the L85A1 and is it a decent weapon. Gotta wonder where these things come from.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Weird dream where an uncle of mine is trying to sell me guns and ammo for some reason, woke up when my sister was asking me about the L85A1 and is it a decent weapon. Gotta wonder where these things come from.

Reading the Funny Things thread before bed?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Next time you see her tell her it's crap. The A2 is fine, but the A1 no.

-Elwood Blues

I believe I did tell her it was garbage and was about to suggest another weapon but then I woke up. Still a lot less confusing than the Liam Neeson, RVP and me gang fight dream.

Fantastic weather here, woke up and it was 16 C, can't see the air, easy to breathe, heaven! Except I have to work and the clients are revolting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm currently travelling around DK as you might now.. yesterday I arrived in Viborg by motorcycle (going 160km/h is crazy!) and I'm couchsurfing at a friend of my family - it's great to hear the crazy stories from the 70'ies I was never told :) Also this guy is a riot, was rubbing elbows with the jetset society in his days - funny guy.. But yeah, the great trek continues and next stop Aarhus for the big Jazz festival.. then it's one of the most important habour cities (to a potential flirt, if I play my cards right) and after that 3 days of partying with friends on the border of Germany, Then back to Aarhus to party with high school friends.. and chartering a boat hopefully, for some sun and bathing in Kattegat.

The weather and company is great - hope you guys are having a blast too..

Also sorry Woldan - I promise to buy a few rounds if we ever meet ;)

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Spent half the morning in bed with a headache, but decided to try pushing through the day on a fresh cup of tea,..

You have more headaches than anyone I ever heard of. You have a brain tumor.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You have more headaches than anyone I ever heard of. You have a brain tumor.

Eh, it's a family thing. I'm just glad I deal with headaches, not the migraines some of the family deal with.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Scandis: is Aalborg worth visiting? In any way? I may be there in November.

partywise it's pretty well known. Especially "Jomfru Ane Gade" .. Other than that yes and no. Beautiful nature around the area. But the town itself is a little boring.

Fortune favors the bald.

My local grocery has finally implemented the "no plastic bags" rule. So either paper, or bring your own bag. Which would be fine, except if you don't BYOB, you have to pay 10 cents per paper bag at the cash register (they count 'em up as you're standing there) - and most baggers have no clue how to bag efficiently, often leaving them half-empty. My husband once got almost all of our (massive amount of) stuff into 2 paperbags and the cashier was all "Wow." :disguise:

That said, I'm off to buy a few more tote bags. Sometimes I don't feel like BYOB (and 10 cents isn't much vs. the rest of the bill) but even so, guess it's time to always have some in the car, because paper bags don't usually have handles, and my arthritis likes handles.