What you did today

Tale

Still I think the person that saw an WW1 pistol in a shop here in Canada and ran out screaming takes the cake.

Tell me more!  :w00t:

Although the idea of a scary 2.2mm bullet is even more amusing. What are they for? Shooting wasps?

There actually are 2mm cartridges but they're very special custom made and I doubt those can be found in random British lawns...

.10 Eichelberger Dart. The cartridge in the middle is a .22lr (5.56 dia) Made from necked down 6.35mm ACP case if I remember correctly.  Those are killers......on ladybugs and grasshoppers. 

Image95.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wow. Your post sent me scurrying for more info. I found this page listing all sorts of bullet calibres. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mediapages/ArticleDetail.aspx?mediaid=542

There really have been one heck of a lot over the years. Strange to think that we are now witnessing a contraction and standardisation down to a mere handful.

EDIT: My favourite has to be the .577 'tyrannosaur' round.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

EDIT: My favourite has to be the .577 'tyrannosaur' round.

Damn. I was certain you were a fan of the good 'ole .303 British, the Enfield round! There is nothing wrong with the .577 though, quite a stopper. On both ends. 

My favorite is the .300 Winchester Magnum, with the high ballistic coefficient bullets you can reach out to 1600yds with reasonable recoil, components aren't very expensive, its inherent accuracy is excellent and so many rifles are chambered in this round. Whats not to like! Its like an economic 7L V8! :w00t:

I only know it by name. I've only ever seen the big 'game' rounds in the hands of rangers. .375 is a favourite in South Africa.

.303 is as much gun as I think I'd ever need, and to be honest I probably won't ever need it in earnest.

I actually learned how to shoot on a rechambered .22 lee-enfield. Lovely gun. Like firing a chesterfield sofa.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Freaked out because I thought my gpu was overheating, turned out to be nothing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I only found out about those originally from playing Empire Total War. Actually, I'm quite surprised there hasn't been more of a resurgence in airgun systems as we've got better at producing the parts.

Anyway, nearly recovered from my hangover. Due to meet chap in the pub in about half an hour.

-Elwood Blues

Went for a nice long bike ride today.  It's mid-nineties out there today and fairly humid, so I was sweating like a deadbeat dad at a child support hearing.  A quick dip in the pool took care of the sweating problem once I got home.  Now I'm all about being lazy and drinking some beers.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You have a pool, Keyrock? I didn't care that much about it when we had one, but now that we don't, I miss it....

Thinking about going to Fry's and spending money on some non-virtual things.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

.303 is as much gun as I think I'd ever need, and to be honest I probably won't ever need it in earnest.

You totally need it for fun! And thats always the best, most earnest reason! 

• Like 1

Maybe in the long term that couple is less worried about the bullets themselves and more concerned about why they were there in the first place. eg, maybe someone wants them back, haha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried Pizza Hut's flatbread promo pizza. It was edible, but I won't be getting it again. To be fair, I don't like Pizza Hut much to begin with (or Domino's, or any of those super cheap pizza places). But I was curious about the flatbread part, so I tried it once. Kinda like eating a giant stale cracker, with a bit o' cheese and greasy toppings on top. Almost no sauce. And their black olives are horrible.

Well, thet would have to sak the police for them back wouldn't they.

Only if they read the dailymail to know that. ;) ;)

I'll eat Dominos if it is put in front of me. But I can honestly say that I would rather go hungry than order one myself.

Of course, I can afford to run on my reserves for some considerable time before hunger became an issue... :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Back in the late 80's when I partied more, I used to like Pizza Hut's Pepperoni Lovers pizza. But that was probably because I was drunk when we ordered one, and we'd order one because we were too drunk to go anywhere to pick something up. In those situations, sometimes even a microwaved beef/cheese sandwich from 7-11 can taste good. :disguise:

• Like 1

I usually prepare food to eat for when I get home - with plenty of salt and proteins. Something like grilled vegetables and ground-beef with humus or sometimes Tzatziki as sauce (I need it sogging when I'm drunk).

Today.. Currently in a town called White Sands (Hvidesande), in my parents beach house with the family. So the day for me is gonna consists of sun bathing, swimming, mom's killer cooking and just doing as little as possible. :) It's picture perfect here, gonna try to upload some to the community thread.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Sorting out a bunch of the things needed for switching broadband, tv, phone etc to Virgin Media. Running through the differences in terms & conditions and wotnot..

Man, it's unusually warm here for the coast. Well, the suns out, it's hot, and there's bugger all breeze which there normally is. We might get this sort of heat, but there's nearly always a breeze from the channel to add a nice wind chill effect... That still air and heat just combines to sap energy and make you drowsy if you're not careful.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm actually finding the heat tremendous. I dragged a box of admin out to the garden and organised all the finances.

I think the lesson is that in future I must make sure I get enough sunshine.

-Elwood Blues

31 celsius here today. Feels like more. Listening to crickets through the open window. Gives the whole day a summer vacation on an islan feeling, even though I am in the city and drowning in work.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

31 celsius here today. Feels like more. Listening to crickets through the open window. Gives the whole day a summer vacation on an islan feeling, even though I am in the city and drowning in work.

Copy that, melkathi. This is Tower. 

Advise change your bearing to 1925, and decrement your professional standards fifteen degrees. Come level when you achieve a desire to drink coconut juice with rum and crushed ice. Relax. Over.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I want to take a vacation somewhere, but I don't know where. Been looking at New York or Hawaii, but knowing me, I'll probably end up in Greece.

Hmmm, Hawaii is expensive as hell assuming you want to stay on Oahu, Maui or Hawai'i. I'd say go to the US Virgin Islands. Almost the same thing at half the price and a lot closer. I took my ex-wife to Hawaii a long time ago. It was fun. I wouldn't do it again, but it was fun.

Maui is the place I'm interested in visiting, but it appears that the ones I'm going on vacation with got cold feet when they saw the plane ticket prices alone. Greece seems to be decided on. Oh well, I'll save Hawaii for a possible future honeymoon.

Talking about old PC hardware with a coworker buddy, I miss the Turbo button and the clock speed display on towers. Though why it worked backwards on my 386EX I'll never now, though I suppose it does make sense, reading back on it :p. Good times back then.

Also, summer sucks.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

WorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWork

WorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWorkWORKWORKWORKWORKWORKWKQODNDBNJSWOIWAAAAAHRGH&(%&%/&&()!! 

Everyone is away holidaying so I'm currently doing the work of three people at once. I'm only doing it for the money, thats what I've been repeating in my brain all day long like a broken record.